2023-2024 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS interviewed on 2/23, found out WL on 3/7, sent LOI on 3/10... is there anything else I can do? I'm pretty sure it's just a waiting game at this point (& ik it's only March!!) but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. super strong ties to the state & the school which were included in LOI.

I have 2 WLs & 0 As so I think I'm just going slightly insane wanting to be on top of things but not being able to & also not wanting to get my hopes up too much

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
does how quickly you’re waitlisted have any correlation to your rank on the waitlist? i’ve been waiting since 2/12

Members don't see this ad :)
does how quickly you’re waitlisted have any correlation to your rank on the waitlist? i’ve been waiting since 2/12
I don't think it does because I've seen some people on this thread report to be pulled off in days of being put on it & other people it is weeks after they were put on it. also there's been people that got WL after several weeks of waiting & pulled off super shortly after that & then people who were WL super quickly & still are waiting. I think they are still finalizing their WL ranks since there are still people who are waiting on a post ii decision. it also seems that some emphasis is placed on sending LOIs and update letters... but then there are others who sent nothing & still got pulled off.

I'm more just concerned that no one has reported (that I've seen) a post ii R, seems only WL or A, so idk if they're waiting to send out Rs or if they're WL everyone who interviewed?

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think it does because I've seen some people on this thread report to be pulled off in days of being put on it & other people it is weeks after they were put on it. also there's been people that got WL after several weeks of waiting & pulled off super shortly after that & then people who were WL super quickly & still are waiting. I think they are still finalizing their WL ranks since there are still people who are waiting on a post ii decision. it also seems that some emphasis is placed on sending LOIs and update letters... but then there are others who sent nothing & still got pulled off.

I'm more just concerned that no one has reported (that I've seen) a post ii R, seems only WL or A, so idk if they're waiting to send out Rs or if they're WL everyone who interviewed?
I agree a time to waitlist probably has little to do with rank on WL.

Did anyone else get a Wayne state newsletter? I find it kind of funny that they're still sending them after all the II's were exhausted.

Members don't see this ad :)
are they going to release more decisions this week?
I hope they do since some people are still waiting for post II decisions. I also hope that they will reviewing the WL too, so I am manifesting my A off the WL this week lol.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users

3 interview invitations left you say?

Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

It's over :cryi:

OOS Pre-II R. It's been real.

Pre-II R yesterday, 3/26. Plugged their postbac and master's programs in the same email 🤣

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
In what way? I'm genuinely asking, not even tryna be a menace

Seems pretty similar to past years, mainly MI matches at Henry Ford, UMich, etc
Current M4 here. We sent quite a few people to Harvard affiliates/top programs in their specialty.

Anyone else hold their breath every Thursday? Lollll

Reactions: 2 users
Is it mandatory for us to select plan to enroll by April 30th on AMCAS? If it's not mandatory, if we don't select anything will our acceptance be withdrawn?

Is it mandatory for us to select plan to enroll by April 30th on AMCAS? If it's not mandatory, if we don't select anything will our acceptance be withdrawn?
You are required to narrow your selection down to one acceptance by April 30th (must withdraw all acceptances except for one). You can still remain on other waitlists at that time.

You are required to narrow your selection down to one acceptance by April 30th (must withdraw all acceptances except for one). You can still remain on other waitlists at that time.
For Wayne state it doesn't say it's mandatory I thought? On the deadline sheet that has all the dates. I saw commit to enroll is strongly recommended (then by June 14th required) but it didn't mention plan to enroll being mandatory. It says AMCAS recommends PTE at one institution at this time (may 1st 2024)

I ask because nervous if I PTE at a school, other schools I'm waitlisted at would see on April 30th that I'm PTE elsewhere and just decide not to offer a seat anymore and give it to someone who hasn't PTE anywhere.

Last edited:
For Wayne state it doesn't say it's mandatory I thought? On the deadline sheet that has all the dates. I saw commit to enroll is strongly recommended (then by June 14th required) but it didn't mention plan to enroll being mandatory. It says AMCAS recommends PTE at one institution at this time (may 1st 2024)

I ask because nervous if I PTE at a school, other schools I'm waitlisted at would see on April 30th that I'm PTE elsewhere and just decide not to offer a seat anymore and give it to someone who hasn't PTE anywhere.
I'm not sure you have to exactly select PTE at Wayne by April 30th, but you must withdraw all other acceptances but one by that date. As I said in my previous post, you can still remain on other waitlists at that time. That is required by AMCAS and is being fair and doing the right thing to students who are on the waitlist (who have been waiting 10+ months to receive an acceptance).

I don't know how much being PTE at another school would matter to a school you're WL at. I don't think it signals anything since they obv know the April 30th deadline for narrowing down acceptances & they know that you know there's no guarantee to get off a WL, so you're going to PTE somewhere you have an A at. I understand your fear, but I think sending LOIs to the schools you're WL at would probably have a bigger impact than to avoid selecting PTE.

I don't know how much being PTE at another school would matter to a school you're WL at. I don't think it signals anything since they obv know the April 30th deadline for narrowing down acceptances & they know that you know there's no guarantee to get off a WL, so you're going to PTE somewhere you have an A at. I understand your fear, but I think sending LOIs to the schools you're WL at would probably have a bigger impact than to avoid selecting PTE.
That's what I think too. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
is there a specific day that there is waitlist movement or is it just random?

random and the people they pull aren't in order of when they were put on the waitlist either. sometimes people only go on for a week

Does anyone know how wayne selects which applicant to pull off the WL?

seems like for a while there, the most activity for everyone was on thurs. thurs still seems to be most popular but in the last 2 weeks it has seemed like movement happens more randomly. maybe there aren't any or many more people waiting for post-ii decisions & that is why? but who knows, just gotta hope for the best

Does anyone else wonder if the acceptance tracker is accurate? I for sure know that it hasn't been updated for a while.

Does anyone else wonder if the acceptance tracker is accurate? I for sure know that it hasn't been updated for a while.
no it isn't, I don't think its been totally accurate this entire time tbh

no it isn't, I don't think its been totally accurate this entire time tbh
My conspiracy theory is that the number on the tracker was actually just a projected amount of acceptances they wanted to give out before waitlist movement, at least at this late stage. Like some of the acceptances weren’t given out when they first updated the tracker to what it is now.

I got accepted to Wayne State and was wondering if there were any current medical students I could PM or could PM me to talk about their experience