2023-2024 Washington State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who has already interviewed received an update on their status yet (Eligible/Waitlist/Rejection)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Marked complete 07/26, 506 MCAT and 3.5 GPA... Haven't heard back anything, going to consider this a silent R :confused:

Under review and was complete 9/6! Hoping for some love! :)

Do you know how long they interview?
Last year they interviewed until mid February. They said final decisions for “eligible” candidates would be march 1st but we all got hit with that WL invite on Feb 28. Talk about an unexpected gut punch.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else refreshing their email/portal like mad? MSAR says they can send acceptances today 👀 Very well may not be until tomorrow...but I'm still antsy! lol

Anyone else refreshing their email/portal like mad? MSAR says they can send acceptances today 👀 Very well may not be until tomorrow...but I'm still antsy! lol
I believe the way WSU does its decisions is sometime this week (likely this Wednesday based on last year's thread) some of us who have already interviewed will receive an email letting us know if we have been deemed Acceptable (this was called eligible last year and it looks like they changed the name for this year), waitlisted, or rejected. Those who were placed on the waitlist or rejected will of course know right away of their status, but for those of us who get put into Acceptable, it sounds like that means that the admissions committee scored you high enough that WSU thinks you have a shot at getting an offer during the regular season, although it isn't an guarantee that you've been accepted. For those who were placed in the acceptable category and aren't offered a seat in the regular season, they will move to the waitlist at a rank above those placed on the waitlist alone. Also to note last year WSU waited until the first week of November to send out actual acceptances for those that were placed in the acceptable category, so for those of us that are lucky enough to get an Acceptable email this week, we most likely still have a few weeks before any A's will be given out!

PS. If anyone who knows the admissions process at WSU sees this and recognizes that any of this information is wrong please feel free to correct it so we have the most up-to-date info for everyone. Full disclosure I am a current applicant myself and basing all of this info on admissions information on WSU's website, the information we were given during my interview, and the previous year's SDN thread.

Good luck this week everyone, and I really hope to be able to call you all classmates next August!

-A very hopeful premed

I believe the way WSU does its decisions is sometime this week (likely this Wednesday based on last year's thread) some of us who have already interviewed will receive an email letting us know if we have been deemed Acceptable (this was called eligible last year and it looks like they changed the name for this year), waitlisted, or rejected. Those who were placed on the waitlist or rejected will of course know right away of their status, but for those of us who get put into Acceptable, it sounds like that means that the admissions committee scored you high enough that WSU thinks you have a shot at getting an offer during the regular season, although it isn't an guarantee that you've been accepted. For those who were placed in the acceptable category and aren't offered a seat in the regular season, they will move to the waitlist at a rank above those placed on the waitlist alone. Also to note last year WSU waited until the first week of November to send out actual acceptances for those that were placed in the acceptable category, so for those of us that are lucky enough to get an Acceptable email this week, we most likely still have a few weeks before any A's will be given out!

PS. If anyone who knows the admissions process at WSU sees this and recognizes that any of this information is wrong please feel free to correct it so we have the most up-to-date info for everyone. Full disclosure I am a current applicant myself and basing all of this info on admissions information on WSU's website, the information we were given during my interview, and the previous year's SDN thread.

Good luck this week everyone, and I really hope to be able to call you all classmates next August!

-A very hopeful premed
Thank you!

-A very hopeful premed
As someone who was “eligible” then waitlisted in March, we never found out if we were actually ranked higher on the WL than those who were immediately waitlisted and never eligible. The WL was 128 people and I moved from the middle to the single digits (about 60 seats) and got the final rejection the Tuesday after classes started. Also, the eligible email is brutal. You’ll have to read about what all the things mean and then you scroll down and at the end it will say something like “your status is: …” and then say eligible, WL, or rejected.

Well folks, just got my email saying I'm Eligible! Decisions will start coming out in early November.

I'm so happy to be in the Eligible status, but I'm simultaneously SO ANXIOUS to get the A!! November needs to hurry up and get here lol

Reactions: 1 users
Well folks, just got my email saying I'm Eligible! Decisions will start coming out in early November.

I'm so happy to be in the Eligible status, but I'm simultaneously SO ANXIOUS to get the A!! November needs to hurry up and get here lol
Same here, just got the email that I am eligible as well. Congrats to everyone hearing back today!!

waitlisted but going to withdraw bc I committed somewhere else! congrats to everyone that's eligible!

Has anyone who completed their app late August heard back about an II? I submitted my secondary/ was complete on 8/22 and still haven't heard anything, starting to get a little nervous :cryi:

Last year, it looked like phone calls to set up Zoom meetings started on November 2nd. I'm counting down the days! Let's hope it's the same way this year :)

Just got a call asking me to attend a post-interview Zoom meeting later this week. They didn't mention interview decisions or anything. It was kept very vague.

Do y'all think this is it???

Reactions: 2 users
Based on last years threads it's an A (tentative congratulations). But it's quite stressful the way they decide to go about it

Just got the post-interview zoom meeting call! Scheduled for Wednesday, not going to get my hopes up until it actually happens but I think this is good news :)

Just got a call asking me to attend a post-interview Zoom meeting later this week. They didn't mention interview decisions or anything. It was kept very vague.

Congrats!!

That's great news! What was your interview date?

Got a post interview R today... Thought I did pretty well in the interview and was super mission aligned. :cautious:

• Care
Had my zoom meeting with the Dean today--got the A! So, so happy. She even remembered that I'm married, and asked my husband to come on in and join us! It still doesn't feel real

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone who was complete in September heard back about an interview?

Anyone heard anything recently? I am IS and was complete late July and haven’t heard anything!

I wonder when the next round of acceptances will come out...

Reactions: 1 users
Yes mine just changed and I interviewed a week ago! How long did your status stay "under consideration"?
It still says that, and I interviewed a little while ago, so I think it doesn't change until you get an acceptance or rejection.

Do we think they still have a lot of people to interview? I feel like I fit their mission and I haven’t heard anything since I was complete early September 😔

Do we think they still have a lot of people to interview? I feel like I fit their mission and I haven’t heard anything since I was complete early September 😔
They interview through February so there is still lots of time! I don't know how far out they are scheduling but when I first received an II the interview dates were like two weeks after I received the invitation