2023-2024 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got accepted to Wayne State and was wondering if there were any current medical students I could PM or could PM me to talk about their experience
There's a 4th year student who posts here sometimes: 2023-2024 Wayne State
Start by reading all their posts on this thread and if you still have questions after that maybe send a PM

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I got accepted to Wayne State and was wondering if there were any current medical students I could PM or could PM me to talk about their experience
Many congratulations. Did you get off waitlist or accepted straight up post II

Members don't see this ad :)
current student, happy to answer any questions here or via PM

• Love
When does the most waitlist movement happen??
I feel like it’s been a minute since we’ve seen any waitlist movement & when we do see it, it seems to be less people. I think it’s likely we won’t see any more “real” movement until after April 30th, but I hope we have some sooner

Reactions: 1 users
Also, did anyone ever get a post-ii R? or is anyone still waiting on a post-ii decision? or did we all just get WL or A?

Reactions: 1 user
Also, did anyone ever get a post-ii R? or is anyone still waiting on a post-ii decision? or did we all just get WL or A?
I think they save the post-ii Rs for people who show red flags bc I for sure tanked my MMIs (legit keeps me up at night).

I think they save the post-ii Rs for people who show red flags bc I for sure tanked my MMIs (legit keeps me up at night).
based on how many people they interview though, this makes me nervous thinking their WL is like 600+ people. so like should we have hope??

& I get that, I didn’t do as well on my MMIs here as the other school I had an ii (I think it’s bc most of my interviewers had some type of connectivity issue & it threw me off), but they went okay & my faculty/student interviews went well, so I was expecting a WL or R.

based on how many people they interview though, this makes me nervous thinking their WL is like 600+ people. so like should we have hope??

& I get that, I didn’t do as well on my MMIs here as the other school I had an ii (I think it’s bc most of my interviewers had some type of connectivity issue & it threw me off), but they went okay & my faculty/student interviews went well, so I was expecting a WL or R.
Yeah I think like 300 or 350 get offered A’s off the waitlist but idk. We’ve just gotta ride it out

Reactions: 4 users
im an m2, would be happy to answer questions if you still have any ~

Withdrew my A from here and praying it goes to one of you! Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else really hoping for WL movement this week since people had to start narrowing down acceptances on 04/15?

Reactions: 3 users
anyone else really hoping for WL movement this week since people had to start narrowing down acceptances on 04/15?
another forum I follow bc I'm WL there too said they prob won't move anyone until May bc that's when the "commit to enroll" option opens. I'm really hoping that isn't the case but :/

another forum I follow bc I'm WL there too said they prob won't move anyone until May bc that's when the "commit to enroll" option opens. I'm really hoping that isn't the case but :/
They’ve been pulling people off the WL since January. Admittedly there’s been less WL movement recently, but I think it’s possible it could happen this month. I gotta hope or I’ll go insane (& I already am going insane)

They’ve been pulling people off the WL since January. Admittedly there’s been less WL movement recently, but I think it’s possible it could happen this month. I gotta hope or I’ll go insane (& I already am going insane)
100%

Is Thursday the day they usually send out decisions or have I just been giving myself false hope every week

Is Thursday the day they usually send out decisions or have I just been giving myself false hope every week
I feel like I’ve seen most decisions on Thursday on here & I also got my ii + WL on Thursday so every Thursday at like 2 ish I’m checking obsessively.

But I’ve seen posts of people finding out on other days of the week also so who knows.

I called admissions this morning and they said while they're not on the committee what they can tell me is it can happen literally any time between now and the first week of classes. When I said some schools are waiting until May they said they aren't doing that and it could be "at any time" so just wait and rot it is I guess

Reactions: 6 users
I called admissions this morning and they said while they're not on the committee what they can tell me is it can happen literally any time between now and the first week of classes. When I said some schools are waiting until May they said they aren't doing that and it could be "at any time" so just wait and rot it is I guess
you're a real one thank you

Do any A people have info on when orientation is & classes start? Wondering so I can have a general idea of the latest I could hear for getting off the WL &/or how much time I’d have to move

Do any A people have info on when orientation is & classes start? Wondering so I can have a general idea of the latest I could hear for getting off the WL &/or how much time I’d have to move
Orientation July 1-3, then classes start July 8

Reactions: 3 users
And when is the white coat ceremony?
this page may help for yall

Also no official date for white coat ceremony, I think I read some people say it's typically last Friday of July right after our first exam. I heard first exam will be July 24th

this page may help for yall

Also no official date for white coat ceremony, I think I read some people say it's typically last Friday of July right after our first exam. I heard first exam will be July 24th
I noticed that there will be admitted student tours on April 26th and May 6th. I wonder if this means some WL movement will happen before May 6th so that newly admitted students can attend.

I noticed that there will be admitted student tours on April 26th and May 6th. I wonder if this means some WL movement will happen before May 6th so that newly admitted students can attend.
Maybe who knows, I'm sure there will be some first week of May. They've been having waitlist movement already too.

Just withdrew my A, hopefully it goes to one of you guys!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Ngl the delusions are extra strong today because Thursday and it’s right before the accepted student tour tomorrow

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone get any significant scholarship/grant aid from WSU? Especially wondering about the need-based scholarship & if anyone got at or near the full amount

Anyone get any significant scholarship/grant aid from WSU? Especially wondering about the need-based scholarship & if anyone got at or near the full amount
For the need based it's based off your Pell LUE if you go to fafsa you can see the lifetime usage percent. If you're near 600% you get the full 18k

Withdrew my A, good luck guys.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users