2023-2024 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew recent II and application here, goodbye Penn State!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just wanted to share this year’s match list for anyone who is interested!

Penn State’s graduating class of 2024 had some pretty great matches across specialties.

See here for full list: Match List - Match Day

UP-specific list is up on their Instagram:
7FDEDDDA-CDEF-475A-B2C7-C7FAC2C3B9A3.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
Hello all! I am posting because I am an incoming student, and I'd love the chance to get to e-meet some of my fellow future classmates before summer! Crazy how we are going to move out in 3 months, and the only communication I've received is the acceptance email lol. I doubt it's just me, but I have been fixating over learning about the program / organizations and engaging with it in any capacity to make it feel real.

I couldn't find any existing groups for Class '28 online already, so I think it might be cool to create an Instagram group or something to get to know each other better, especially if you're already locked into matriculating here. If anyone is interested, then feel free to PM so I can create / add you to a chat!

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you all soon! 😎

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all! I am posting because I am an incoming student, and I'd love the chance to get to e-meet some of my fellow future classmates before summer! Crazy how we are going to move out in 3 months, and the only communication I've received is the acceptance email lol. I doubt it's just me, but I have been fixating over learning about the program / organizations and engaging with it in any capacity to make it feel real.

I couldn't find any existing groups for Class '28 online already, so I think it might be cool to create an Instagram group or something to get to know each other better, especially if you're already locked into matriculating here. If anyone is interested, then feel free to PM so I can create / add you to a chat!

Groupme: You're invited to my new group 'Penn State MD Class of 2028 (Unofficial)' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Don’t make an insta page. That’s your class’s student gov’s responsibility so just hold off on that (and maybe run as your class historian so you can run it!)

Reactions: 1 user
Is there a waitlist deadline? Do I assume all holds are waitlists?

Members don't see this ad :)
Checking in again on any post-interview hold movement….!!!!!🫨 waiting not so patiently

Reactions: 3 users
Just received a post-interview hold. interviewed mid-February.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Are they still sending out II's? Haven't gotten my R yet.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven’t gotten an R either but I believe they only interviewed until end of March

I haven’t gotten my R either, but I was also complete in September which may be why I haven’t got mine yet

@AstroSidekick or any other current med students: what are the on campus apartments like? Would you recommend them? I’m looking between them and Briarcrest, but I would have to decide by next week for the on campus housing.

@AstroSidekick or any other current med students: what are the on campus apartments like? Would you recommend them? I’m looking between them and Briarcrest, but I would have to decide by next week for the on campus housing.
Not a current student, but a Hershey native. I've been in both and I honestly can't say which is better. Both are older and small. Briarcrest is probably a little pricier, but you could have your own space and be separated from campus a bit. Student housing, I think, would require a roommate but it's on campus and I think a tad cheaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else who’s interviewed recently not received a A/hold/R yet?

Reactions: 4 users
has anyone that’s going to second look day received any additional info about it yet besides the reminder they sent?

seems like only HOLD/R happened yesterday, do we think there is gonna be a wave of acceptances before the one at the end of April?

So, not everyone pre-II got Rs yesterday/today; does that mean they're still interviewing?

Last edited: