2023-2024 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone that’s going to second look day received any additional info about it yet besides the reminder they sent?
No! Really would be nice to know at least when to show up!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how merit works here? Can we expect to hear about it before the 30th? Do we just need to submit a fafsa to be considered?

Hi everyone! I’m sure this has been asked many times on here but I can’t find the answer.

I have been accepted here and clicked accept on the portal’s response tab. Is this a binding thing (aka I am only going to this school)?

With deadlines coming up- I’m trying to figure out if I need to email other schools to get off their WL (if it is binding. If not, I’d love to stay on WL elsewhere).
Again very sorry if it’s been answered before. I’m just very confused about the wording for the response tab and currently haven’t been able to get a hold of a person at the admins office to ask. Thanks everyone!

Hi everyone! I’m sure this has been asked many times on here but I can’t find the answer.

I have been accepted here and clicked accept on the portal’s response tab. Is this a binding thing (aka I am only going to this school)?

With deadlines coming up- I’m trying to figure out if I need to email other schools to get off their WL (if it is binding. If not, I’d love to stay on WL elsewhere).
Again very sorry if it’s been answered before. I’m just very confused about the wording for the response tab and currently haven’t been able to get a hold of a person at the admins office to ask. Thanks everyone!
The deadline to PTE (Plan to Enroll) is April 30th. Once you PTE to your top choice on April 30th, you drop all your other acceptances and can keep as many WLs as you have. Most schools CTE (Commit to Enroll) deadlines are in June/July.

Reactions: 1 user
The deadline to PTE (Plan to Enroll) is April 30th. Once you PTE to your top choice on April 30th, you drop all your other acceptances and can keep as many WLs as you have. Most schools CTE (Commit to Enroll) deadlines are in June/July.

Okie cool but accepting the acceptance offer on the admissions portal isn’t CTE right? It’s just like ‘hold my spot, I’m thinking about it’?

Okie cool but accepting the acceptance offer on the admissions portal isn’t CTE right? It’s just like ‘hold my spot, I’m thinking about it’?
I'm still on hold after interviewing but I believe accepting in the portal should be fine. It is the selection of CTE on AMCAS that removes you from all waitlists.

I'm still on hold after interviewing but I believe accepting in the portal should be fine. It is the selection of CTE on AMCAS that removes you from all waitlists.

this is incorrect - AMCAS CTE isn’t the official decision, to officially commit/withdraw you have to contact the school.

when you pay the acceptance deposit, you’re essentially “committing” to the school. you can have multiple “commits” as of now. for example, I’m committed to two schools now. by April 30, i have to withdraw from one school which “un-commits” my commitment and leaves me with one, aka the school I’m going to

essentially nothing is binding until April 30, where you can only hold one acceptance. however, you can still hold as many waitlists as possible.

this is incorrect - AMCAS CTE isn’t the official decision, to officially commit/withdraw you have to contact the school.

when you pay the acceptance deposit, you’re essentially “committing” to the school. you can have multiple “commits” as of now. for example, I’m committed to two schools now. by April 30, i have to withdraw from one school which “un-commits” my commitment and leaves me with one, aka the school I’m going to

essentially nothing is binding until April 30, where you can only hold one acceptance. however, you can still hold as many waitlists as possible.
Thanks for clarifying!

So do we think next batch of decisions aren’t coming until end of month? I’m past 8 weeks at this point and have been refreshing my email regularly lol

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
So do we think next batch of decisions aren’t coming until end of month? I’m past 8 weeks at this point and have been refreshing my email regularly lol
Same I’m on week 6 and have no idea what to expect lol

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
For the last bunch of us who interviewed this spring, are we likely to hear back sometime today/tomorrow?

Hi everyone! For accepted students/current students I had a few questions:

1. How easy is it to get on-campus housing? I submitted my app for a two-bed a month ago and am still waiting (this was a huge pro for me to go here)
2. Is driving around Hershey necessary? Are Uber/busses available all the time? I'm planning to get a car during the summer, but I am a new driver (lived in Philly and NYC) so I wanted to give myself some buffer time to adjust to school.
3. Are all of our rotations at the Hershey hospital?
tysm!

is anyone’s fafsa marked as received in their portal

Hi everyone! For accepted students/current students I had a few questions:

1. How easy is it to get on-campus housing? I submitted my app for a two-bed a month ago and am still waiting (this was a huge pro for me to go here)
2. Is driving around Hershey necessary? Are Uber/busses available all the time? I'm planning to get a car during the summer, but I am a new driver (lived in Philly and NYC) so I wanted to give myself some buffer time to adjust to school.
3. Are all of our rotations at the Hershey hospital?
tysm!
Hey! Accepted student here

1. I just received notification about student housing a few days ago, but you can reach out to [email protected] if you want to check in about your status
2. The students I met told me that you pretty much need a car to get around, which definitely felt like the case on my visit. If you live in student housing, you can walk to class/the main hospital but you'll need one for just about everything else. Any current students please correct me if you feel otherwise!
3. My understanding was that a good number of your rotations happen at the Hershey hospital, but there are still some that can happen in different parts of PA. Anyone who knows more feel free to add/correct me!

Hey! Accepted student here

1. I just received notification about student housing a few days ago, but you can reach out to [email protected] if you want to check in about your status
2. The students I met told me that you pretty much need a car to get around, which definitely felt like the case on my visit. If you live in student housing, you can walk to class/the main hospital but you'll need one for just about everything else. Any current students please correct me if you feel otherwise!
3. My understanding was that a good number of your rotations happen at the Hershey hospital, but there are still some that can happen in different parts of PA. Anyone who knows more feel free to add/correct me!

Yep will be rougher getting around without a car but I do think they have bikes around campus you can use if you’re a biker

for anyone curious, i was told white coat ceremony is July 19th at 4 pm (asked due to parent’s work schedule)

also, has anyone received financial aid packages?

Withdrew my A from here, hope it goes to one of you! Best of luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
It looks like last year they had a round of acceptances/holds on 4/27 so maybe we will see some action tomorrow?

My understanding was that a good number of your rotations happen at the Hershey hospital, but there are still some that can happen in different parts of PA. Anyone who knows more feel free to add/correct me!
This also depends on the student's preference! Some people have family in Pittsburg or Philly and want to spend a few months there doing rotations. Some people who live in Hershey have to drive to Harrisburg and rarely, some people have to drive about 30+ mins to somewhere random.

It's not perfect, some people will be bitter, but most people I have talked to (anecdotal evidence so don't come at me lol) have been happy with the order of their rotations and the sites

Got the A at 10am today. OOS. Pretty stoked :)

OOS A today! Swiftly withdrew bc I’ve received an offer elsewhere with a hefty scholarship. Hope the spot goes to one of you <3.

Reactions: 8 users
When I initially applied I said I was interested in the University Park track but after the interview I am not interested anymore. Does anyone know if I am still required to interview for this track or am I allowed to decline?

When I initially applied I said I was interested in the University Park track but after the interview I am not interested anymore. Does anyone know if I am still required to interview for this track or am I allowed to decline?
I emailed them and let them know I was no longer interested in the UP track and it was no issue!

Congrats to all that recently got in!! Has anyone that’s been on hold been accepted recently?

• Hmm
anyone have any advice on penn state vs ucr (40k merit scholarship)? i just got off the waitlist today and have to decide in four days :oops: