2023-2024 Florida State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does FSU accept update/interest letters pre-interview? This is one of my top choice schools!!

Members don't see this ad.

Does FSU accept update/interest letters pre-interview? This is one of my top choice schools!!
FSU COM does accept updates and we ask that they be a significant change. You can email them to [email protected]. While we accept pre-interview interest letters, they don't do much; these are meant more for waitlisted applicants. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Went to FSU for undergrad and submitted at the end of August, LM 71.6. Sent updates in January and still haven’t heard back. Any chance of receiving an interview still?

What we're looking for is pretty basic: an MCAT from 494ish-502ish, great overall and BCPM GPA (3.6+), excellent record of community service, demonstrated interest in primary care (shadowing and clinical experience), come from underserved backgrounds, and commitment to practicing in Florida. However, I can't stress how holistic and individualized this review process is. Hope that helps!
Hello! Can I message as well please? I meet these requirements!

To everyone sending private messages: The description we posted was a specific profile for our Bridge Master's Program, not the regular MD program; it was in response to a post about what we are looking for in Bridge applicants. The offer for a private message with a name was for those folks, not everyone applying, I'm sorry.

For all others: We would like to use this forum to share updates and information, but the flood of private messages has been overwhelming. We understand that this is a tough situation and these are your dreams, but we simply cannot interview everyone. We are happy to continue to interact on SDN and continue answering public forum questions! We just sent out another round of interview invites and anticipate at least one more round before we are done for the cycle.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: 6 users
Do the interview invites all go out at the same exact time and day? Like if they just sent out a new round does that mean if we didn’t get an email we can assume no invite?

Do the interview invites all go out at the same exact time and day? Like if they just sent out a new round does that mean if we didn’t get an email we can assume no invite?
Hi there! At this time of the cycle, we are sending out a large group and then as applicants decline or withdraw we continue to move along our list, so they are also coming individually.

Reactions: 1 users
Any other II going out or is cycle over?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have over a 515+ mcat and a 3.8+ gpa and have not heard back after submitting my secondary app in July. Is there still a chance to get an II.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m in the same position, and I went to FSU. I think this is a very mission driven school, I read on Msar that they didn’t even interview anyone above like a 514 mcat. Unfortunate because this is where I want to go
I feel you, but they are trying to give us high-passion crap-stats students a chance. I would have given a finger to score 514. Your score gives you a good chance of acceptance at many schools.

I’m in the same position, and I went to FSU. I think this is a very mission driven school, I read on Msar that they didn’t even interview anyone above like a 514 mcat. Unfortunate because this is where I want to go
Not true. My friend has a 518 and got in this cycle, but they are mission driven for sure

I feel you, but they are trying to give us high-passion crap-stats students a chance. I would have given a finger to score 514. Your score gives you a good chance of acceptance at many schools.

Sadly not always the case I have a 514 with pretty decent EC and haven’t gotten in this cycle

Does this school do silent rejections? Haven't heard anything since August.

Any other II going out or is cycle over?
Also wondering this same thing?
We have just sent out what we anticipate to be the last large batch of interview invites of the cycle, however, as invited applicants withdraw, we will continue to offer one-off interview spots.

Waitlist movement will likely start in the next couple of weeks as currently accepted applicants withdraw.

We have just sent out what we anticipate to be the last large batch of interview invites of the cycle, however, as invited applicants withdraw, we will continue to offer one-off interview spots.

Waitlist movement will likely start in the next couple of weeks as currently accepted applicants withdraw.
Does sending a letter of intent help your position on the waitlist?
Additionally, will we ever be told if we have a strong chance of getting off the WL?

Does sending a letter of intent help your position on the waitlist?
Additionally, will we ever be told if we have a strong chance of getting off the WL?
Letters of intent are accepted from waitlisted applicants. And yes, applicants on the waitlist are told if they have a strong chance of receiving an offer once we have a better idea of how deep into the waitlist we might go.

Letters of intent are accepted from waitlisted applicants. And yes, applicants on the waitlist are told if they have a strong chance of receiving an offer once we have a better idea of how deep into the waitlist we might go.
Thank you for your response, do you have a certain time range of when that could be?

Also, on our interview day I was told there was an "accepted now" waitlist where if the committee could admit you they could but couldn't due to not having offers to give out. Is that still a thing or was everyone just placed on the waitlist?

Last edited:

So end of march is the last round of II's?

Has anyone that was complete in Sept/Oct been invited to interview? I hope my application doesn’t go unreviewed :(

Reactions: 2 users
Was placed on the AL and offered bridge seat.
by "AL" do you mean wait list? or is alternate list different? also if you're willing to share when they emailed you it'd be appreciated! Thanks! Best of luck!

Last edited:
Has there been any waitlist movement for those who weren’t offered a bridge spot?

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
Still nothing idk if it’s a good sign or I’m just low on the list of rejections to send out
Same! We've made it this far tho. 🤷🏽‍♀️ I'm happy to not have been immediately rejected but also strategizing how I can be a better applicant this upcoming cycle.

Been on that for awhile now Yee have Littile faith rn.
Yeah, I'm looking into maybe doing another Master's or PostBac program. Anyone have any that they recommend? I already have a Masters in Biotech from JHU 🥲

Fancy name for WL.
ok thanks! so you were waitlisted and bridge offered same day or were you already on the WL and just now got an email about bridge? sorry for all the q's lol I'm just on the WL and all silence since Feb

Last edited: