2023-2024 Florida State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
y'all there is hope, got an II today here !!!! anyone who's done an interview would love any advice thanks!! also 504 mcat there's hope
Are you IS or OOS? When were you complete? Congrats!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
y'all there is hope, got an II today here !!!! anyone who's done an interview would love any advice thanks!! also 504 mcat there's hope
Hey, congratuations! Just curious, around when did you finish your secondary? I finished in mid to late August, nothing from them yet

• Care
Are you IS or OOS? When were you complete? Congrats!!
IS !
Hey, congratuations! Just curious, around when did you finish your secondary? I finished in mid to late August, nothing from them yet
and finished my secondary 7/23, thank you both!! hoping the best for y'all!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was reading through previous FSU threads and someone stated that FSU pulls from the waitlist in reverse order. So people who interview later say March/April are more likely to be pulled off than people who interviewed earlier in the cycle like Oct-Jan. Does anyone know of previous people who were waitlisted earlier (Oct/Dec) in the cycle that got off?

FSUCOM alum and former ADCOM member. I got an email yesterday with a question from a prospective student so I figured I’d resurrect my SDN account 😂. PM me with questions

I will say I LOVED my training at FSUCOM and wouldn’t have traded it for anything. It got me my #1 choice for residency and now I’m about to finish fellowship (time flies!) it’s definitely a special place

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I was reading through previous FSU threads and someone stated that FSU pulls from the waitlist in reverse order. So people who interview later say March/April are more likely to be pulled off than people who interviewed earlier in the cycle like Oct-Jan. Does anyone know of previous people who were waitlisted earlier (Oct/Dec) in the cycle that got off?
I was wondering this too… I interviewed early and I think fsu may be my only hope so I hope this isn’t true

Hello there! This is not accurate! The FSU College of Medicine Admissions Committee stratifies the waitlist according to a very specific, internal process that does not take into account when the applicant interviewed. Applicants who interview later in the cycle are provided additional, detailed information during their interview day and in subsequent months. Hope that clears that up!

Hello there! This is not accurate! The FSU College of Medicine Admissions Committee stratifies the waitlist according to a very specific, internal process that does not take into account when the applicant interviewed. Applicants who interview later in the cycle are provided additional, detailed information during their interview day and in subsequent months. Hope that clears that up!
Hello, I have two questions. My first question is, are you planning on sending out more interview invites this cycle? My second question is, when does the interview cycle end, as in when you stop sending out interview invites? Thank you!!

Reactions: 4 users
Hello there! This is not accurate! The FSU College of Medicine Admissions Committee stratifies the waitlist according to a very specific, internal process that does not take into account when the applicant interviewed. Applicants who interview later in the cycle are provided additional, detailed information during their interview day and in subsequent months. Hope that clears that u

Hello, I have two questions. My first question is, are you planning on sending out more interview invites this cycle? My second question is, when does the interview cycle end, as in when you stop sending out interview invites? Thank you!!

I hope they are still interviewing 🙏 At this point, I would be so happy to interview for the bridge program 😁

Reactions: 1 users
Are you still extending IIs? 👀 asking for all my friends in the thread still holding out hope...

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Recently spoke with Admissions and they were pretty snooty and rude —-don’t like mind being rejected now .

• Hmm
  • Sad
  • Wow
Recently spoke with Admissions and they were pretty snooty and rude —-don’t like mind being rejected now .
Hi there, that is not the experience we want applicants, prospective, current, or otherwise, to have. I can assure you that if it was a phone conversation, you were not speaking to an admissions staff member as we do not have working phone lines and only correspond via email. Feel free to message directly to let us know what happened.
Are you still extending IIs? 👀 asking for all my friends in the thread still holding out hope...
Hello there! yes, we are still inviting applicants for interviews. We invite every two weeks and will interview through the end of March. Hope that gives a little hope to all your friends in the thread :)

Hello! I have answers! :) We are absolutely still planning on sending out more invites this cycle. We plan to interview until the end of March, but might extend into April if we feel it's necessary. We invite every two weeks or so. We are currently scheduled through February 16th. Hope that helps!

• Care
Hi there! Bridge applicants are interviewed as part of the regular MD Admissions Process and only identified after the interview; they then have a selection process in March and are notified mid-March. Typically, our Bridge applicants have MCAT scores between 494-502. Hope that helps!
Holding out for this then. Non traditional applicant here. It has been my dreams to go here.

Does fsu take LOI? Would kill to be in the bridge program

Does anyone know if anyone has gotten accepted with a < 501 MCAT?

@FSUAdmissionsOffice do you take LOI for the bridge program? Many of us are interested 😄
Hi there,

While applicants are welcome to submit LOIs or significant updates to our our office, applicants cannot apply directly to the the Bridge Program or self-identify. The admissions process runs within the regular admissions process and applicants are identified during the interview process. I hope that answers the questions!

Hi there,

While applicants are welcome to submit LOIs or significant updates to our our office, applicants cannot apply directly to the the Bridge Program or self-identify. The admissions process runs within the regular admissions process and applicants are identified during the interview process. I hope that answers the questions!
Is there a criteria you can share that you use for potential students?

They said they send out IIs every two weeks right? Praying this is the second week

• Care
Is there a criteria you can share that you use for potential students?
What we're looking for is pretty basic: an MCAT from 494ish-502ish, great overall and BCPM GPA (3.6+), excellent record of community service, demonstrated interest in primary care (shadowing and clinical experience), come from underserved backgrounds, and commitment to practicing in Florida. However, I can't stress how holistic and individualized this review process is. Hope that helps!

What we're looking for is pretty basic: an MCAT from 494ish-502ish, great overall and BCPM GPA (3.6+), excellent record of community service, demonstrated interest in primary care (shadowing and clinical experience), come from underserved backgrounds, and commitment to practicing in Florida. However, I can't stress how holistic and individualized this review process is. Hope that helps!

You're basically describing me 😁😅

If you have an MCAT less than 502, is it possible to still be accepted for regular admission or will they only be considered for the Bridge program since it falls under that specific MCAT range?

If you have an MCAT less than 502, is it possible to still be accepted for regular admission or will they only be considered for the Bridge program since it falls under that specific MCAT range?
Hey there, good question! Each year, we do accept applicants in the 500-502 range into the regular MD class, though they are in smaller numbers, usually between 5-10. We very rarely accept applicants that have below a 500 directly into the regular MD class.

Described me 200% to a T

Feel free to send over your names via private message! Thanks
What is the likelihood of receiving an II as a low stat reapplicant who was waitlisted and later rejected last cycle? I have not heard anything on this channel about applicants who were waitlisted last cycle getting II this cycle.

What is the likelihood of receiving an II as a low stat reapplicant who was waitlisted and later rejected last cycle? I have not heard anything on this channel about applicants who were waitlisted last cycle getting II this cycle.
It is highly dependent on how the applicant has improved their application as to whether they will receive an II, but I can tell you, we have quite a few reapplicants each cycle.

It is highly dependent on how the applicant has improved their application as to whether they will receive an II, but I can tell you, we have quite a few reapplicants each cycle.
How does the admissions committee view OOS applicants? Hoping to get some love as an OOS applicant lol.

How does the admissions committee view OOS applicants? Hoping to get some love as an OOS applicant lol.
Unless the OOS applicant has significant ties to the state of Florida (went to undergrad, has immediate family in Florida, has lived in Florida, or lives in contiguous counties in GA or AL) it is really difficult to believe that an OOS applicant won't leave after their education. One of our mission areas is to educate physicians that will stay and practice in Florida so it's a tough sell to be a "mission fit" if we don't see any evidence that you will stay in Florida.

Unless the OOS applicant has significant ties to the state of Florida (went to undergrad, has immediate family in Florida, has lived in Florida, or lives in contiguous counties in GA or AL) it is really difficult to believe that an OOS applicant won't leave after their education. One of our mission areas is to educate physicians that will stay and practice in Florida so it's a tough sell to be a "mission fit" if we don't see any evidence that you will stay in Florida.
Got it, thanks!