2023-2024 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No interview yet, but I sent an update letter about a month ago. Wondering if I should send a letter of interest? Any opinions on if that would it help or it is what it is?

Reactions: 1 user
No interview yet, but I sent an update letter about a month ago. Wondering if I should send a letter of interest? Any opinions on if that would it help or it is what it is?
I’m pretty sure my LOI is why I got an interview so fast. I sent one and called them and the next day I was given an interview date

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if present interviews are for WL spots or are acceptances still possible?

• Hmm
For those who have been accepted, did you get any sort of confirmation after you sent the seat deposit? It’s been a few days since they received it and I haven’t heard anything so I was getting kinda nervous lol. I read they’re suppose to send you a confirmation with instruction to set up your school email and housing info but I haven’t received anything yet

For those who have been accepted, did you get any sort of confirmation after you sent the seat deposit? It’s been a few days since they received it and I haven’t heard anything so I was getting kinda nervous lol. I read they’re suppose to send you a confirmation with instruction to set up your school email and housing info but I haven’t received anything yet
I didn't either, just sent them a follow-up email today. If I get nothing by tomorrow, I was thinking of calling the school to confirm.

I submitted my seat deposit February 29, got a "seat deposit receipt" March 6, and the email and account setup info March 7. I then got an official "seat deposit received" email March 22. I think they might just take a little longer than other schools to process everything

pros of breckenridge:
-clean
-cozy
-good price
-big apartments
-you don't have to get on hardy at all to get to school which is a HUGE pro
-lots of carey students live there so if you need something or need help there's always someone to ask!
-pet friendly

cons:
-not gated (but half the gated apartment communities leave their gates open all the time)
-not as nice as the met
Does breckenridge provide furnished apartments? Also, is parking free?

if any of the current students are here, do you know who I should contact to talk about financial aid/loans? I was hoping to set up a virtual meeting to speak with someone about it and wasn’t sure who the best person to reach out to is.

if any of the current students are here, do you know who I should contact to talk about financial aid/loans? I was hoping to set up a virtual meeting to speak with someone about it and wasn’t sure who the best person to reach out to is.
I’m not a current student but I think you can reach out to Martha Wedgeworth and she can connect you to someone :) I emailed her and she responded pretty quickly!!

I’m not a current student but I think you can reach out to Martha Wedgeworth and she can connect you to someone :) I emailed her and she responded pretty quickly!!
Mrs. Erica Martin is our financial aid counselor and you can reach out to her via her email on the website. I will tell you be sure to address her as "Mrs. Martin." ;)

Anyone that has taken the CASPER test can they just share how it went and what was asked?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I received a secondary today (I thought I was ghosted) but what do you think the odds are of getting an interview and acceptance this late? Surely they wouldn't send me a secondary without the possibility of interviewing me right?

ok so i submitted my fafsa and included some of the schools I paid deposits to but forgot to include WCU, my number one school currently!! am i ok to wait and update fafsa after it's processed and add WCU or should I email WCU now and let them know that my fafsa will be a little late?

ok so i submitted my fafsa and included some of the schools I paid deposits to but forgot to include WCU, my number one school currently!! am i ok to wait and update fafsa after it's processed and add WCU or should I email WCU now and let them know that my fafsa will be a little late?
nah you should be fine

Hi everyone, I received a secondary today (I thought I was ghosted) but what do you think the odds are of getting an interview and acceptance this late? Surely they wouldn't send me a secondary without the possibility of interviewing me right?
high likelihood of getting an interview ;)

I have just received the interview invite. They offered virtual or in-person, experiences are like, and any tips for the interview were greatly appreciated. Does anyone know if Casper makes a difference? I got 1st Q

Last edited:
I have just received the interview invite. They offered virtual or in-person, experiences are like, and any tips for the interview were greatly appreciated. Does anyone know if Casper makes a difference? I got 1st Q
congrats! when did you submit your secondary?

does anyone know they acc take away your conditional offer if you dont pass a prerequisite after being accepted? senioritis hitting like crazy

Hello everyone, please help me make an educated decision. I received an II, however mine says in person only. Do you know why will that be? I saw a person getting the virtual option as well.
I was looking at flights and the cheapest one is 700 from where I live plus uber and food.
I am surprised since I have a 49x score and I am wondering if it's possible for me to have a chance of acceptance.
I mean it’s kinda hard to say but I don’t think they waste their time if they weren’t considering accepting you. But also, we don’t know what your MCAT score is. A 499 is much more competitive than a 490 is.

I did the in-person interview. there is an orientation, campus tour, lunch with some med students and finally the interview. it was more of a conversation and felt pretty relaxed. Use the interview feedback page on SDN and you should be good!

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an interview invite, any advice? What kind of questions did they ask (ethical, situational background)?

does anyone know they acc take away your conditional offer if you dont pass a prerequisite after being accepted? senioritis hitting like crazy
if you haven't completed (passed) all your pre-req's before matriculation, it will absolutely be taken away and you won't be allowed to matriculate. they are called pre-"requisites" for a reason lol.

i would drop/withdrawal the class if you still can and try to get it online on in person first summer session somewhere.

Hi all, I'm a recent accepted international student. I've been trying to reach out to Ms. Bond to initiate the paperwork before paying the seat deposit (exactly like how the acceptance letter instructed), but no success. It has been close to two weeks and there is no email reply, and no one picks up the phone.

I'm starting to freak out a little, to be honest. Mrs. Wedgeworth ensured me that Ms. Bond was out last week and should be getting back to me soon. The deadline for the deposit is closing in and I have zero idea about how long the paperwork is going to take.

Is anyone in the same situation?

Hi all, I'm a recent accepted international student. I've been trying to reach out to Ms. Bond to initiate the paperwork before paying the seat deposit (exactly like how the acceptance letter instructed), but no success. It has been close to two weeks and there is no email reply, and no one picks up the phone.

I'm starting to freak out a little, to be honest. Mrs. Wedgeworth ensured me that Ms. Bond was out last week and should be getting back to me soon. The deadline for the deposit is closing in and I have zero idea about how long the paperwork is going to take.

Is anyone in the same situation?
I am an international student too! What paperwork do you need prior to deposit? Cause I didn’t need anything. They give out I-20 once you make the deposit and show proof of finances.

I am an international student too! What paperwork do you need prior to deposit? Cause I didn’t need anything. They give out I-20 once you make the deposit and show proof of finances.

I am also an international student :) I would recommend calling the office if you are not able to get in touch with Alyssa Bond! I think you still have plenty of time so I wouldn't worry too much. I was requested to submit my passport, immunization records, bank letter verifying funding, and my current documentation. The office has been very friendly so far so I definitely recommend reaching out to them. The documents themselves aren't due till July 15 but she does need to get in touch with you first to give you the okay to pay your deposit!

I am also an international student :) I would recommend calling the office if you are not able to get in touch with Alyssa Bond! I think you still have plenty of time so I wouldn't worry too much. I was requested to submit my passport, immunization records, bank letter verifying funding, and my current documentation. The office has been very friendly so far so I definitely recommend reaching out to them. The documents themselves aren't due till July 15 but she does need to get in touch with you first to give you the okay to pay your deposit!
I have been trying to call her number (got from the school website), and there is no answer for the past 3 days :(

Accepted on 04/04! Here are my stats: GPA 3.34 overall and science, 503 MCAT, and completed a one-year master's program! Connect with me on instagram @lifeofravina for pre-medical advice! I will be declining the rest of my waitlist spots at ARCOM and KansasCOM! I hope these spots goes to one of you deserving students!
you made the right decision declining ARCOM and K-COM!

OOS II! I really wasn't expecting to hear anything this late but I'm thankful!

current OMS2:

-I have 3 "class" scrub pants and 4 "class" tops and its more than enough. Two of each would be fine. Y'alls color should be burgundy if they keep the same rotation but I would verify this before purchasing.
-the white coat
-in my personal opinion, DO NOT BUY SCRUBS FROM THE BOOKSTORE. they never arrive on time, have issues, etc. I would reccomend buying your scrubs and getting them embroidered at The Embroidery Hut her in hattiesburg that has all the logos and details you need, is a local business, and pretty reasonable price wise.
-2-3 pairs of throw away scrubs for anatomy lab
-iPad Pro imo is a must at Carey. Its just kind of part of the assumed workflow.
-Some kind of noise cancelling headphones (my AirPod Pro's work great)
-2-3 Business outfits
-A car
-Buy a cheap otoscope and ophthalmoscope and BP cuff imo. You'll want it to practice when the ILC isn't open.
-The stethoscope they reccomend.

That's really the necessities other than stuff you might need for personal living, etc. I will say from personal experience trying to tie up all the lil loose ends is a really great idea! Get all of your doctors, dentists, annual visits out of the way. Get a tune up on your car. You don't have to want to be worrying about that first year!
By 2-3 “throwaway scrubs” do you mean scrubs that don’t have to match the burgundy color and could be essentially any scrubs we’ve owned in the past?

For those who got accepted, did you guys find out before you got your CASPer results, or did they wait for your score then make a decision?

For those who got accepted, did you guys find out before you got your CASPer results, or did they wait for your score then make a decision?
I got an A without Casper

By 2-3 “throwaway scrubs” do you mean scrubs that don’t have to match the burgundy color and could be essentially any scrubs we’ve owned in the past?
yeah! so for anatomy lab you can wear literally whatever scrubs you want! old surgery scrubs, black scrubs, new scrubs, old scrubs, blue scrubs. hahaha if you have old ones i'd reccomend that just cause by the end of the year the smell really is permanent but if you need to buy some new ones just for lab thats cool too!

OOS applicant on the Alt list! Anxiously waiting for the A :nailbiting:

Anybody know how soon to expect some movement? Waiting till 5/15 is gonna have my anxiety through the roof lol

Last edited:
OOS applicant on the Alt list! Anxiously waiting for the A :nailbiting:

Anybody know how soon to expect some movement? Waiting till 5/15 is gonna have my anxiety through the roof lol
waitlist will move with fluidity from now until matriculation! could happen at any point!

waitlist will move with fluidity from now until matriculation! could happen at any point!
thank you so much for your feedback! How likely do you think it will be for WCUCOM to move through the entire alt list?

OOS ii Saturday, most probably will decline closer to ii date.

Reactions: 1 users
accepted, anyone know where there is an accepted students group me and can post the link?