2023-2024 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I‘m not sure when, but it looks like some time recently Noorda released data on how many students applied, completed a secondary, interviewed, and matriculated for the last three cycles on their website! It‘s cool data to see for anyone interested

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I‘m not sure when, but it looks like some time recently Noorda released data on how many students applied, completed a secondary, interviewed, and matriculated for the last three cycles on their website! It‘s cool data to see for anyone interested
Where is it on the website?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh! Just to ask since I couldn't find this question online, but is the II open or closed file? I kinda forgot.

Interesting, my interviewer told me all she had access to was my secondary video and ECs
That is interesting. I’m preparing like it is open, but I cannot find anything concrete online.

Also. Does anyone have an idea what their post-interview acceptance rate it?

Honestly, my guess is that it’s pretty decent! They seem to be very selective with secondaries and II‘s. I‘m guessing post-II acceptance rate is around 30-50% just from the ratio of matriculating students to students interviewed. It could be higher even, who knows.

Honestly, my guess is that it’s pretty decent! They seem to be very selective with secondaries and II‘s. I‘m guessing post-II acceptance rate is around 30-50% just from the ratio of matriculating students to students interviewed. It could be higher even, who knows.
There is definitely a spread: As, WLs, and even post-II Rs.

190 is a decent amount of slots though and not everybody interviewing is going to Noorda in the end.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same, my interviewer said she only had access to my secondary video and EC's and not my grades/mcat

Reactions: 2 users
I have declined my acceptance offer. Hopefully it goes to one of you individuals on the waitlist!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Any info on what laptop is given as part of tuition fees? Other threads said surface pro

Any info on what laptop is given as part of tuition fees? Other threads said surface pro
I was told a surface pro by current students when I toured during my interview. They didn’t make it seem like it was going to change at all this next year so I’d assume that’s still what students will get

Reactions: 1 users
Can any current students speak to the research opportunities at Noorda? Can you do basic and translational research or is it limited to clinical? Thanks!

Also for any current students, when does the anatomy boot camp start?

Can any current students speak to the research opportunities at Noorda? Can you do basic and translational research or is it limited to clinical? Thanks!
There are tons of research opportunities and they really really realllllyy encourage research. You can do anything you want, even continue undergrad research if you have the opportunity.

There are tons of research opportunities and they really really realllllyy encourage research. You can do anything you want, even continue undergrad research if you have the opportunity.
Seems like research is a big focus of Noorda - pretty special for a DO school.

Posting this as a follow up for anyone who is reading this thread down the road and is wondering what happened to people who got put on Pre-Secondary Holds…

I got placed on a Pre-Secondary Hold 6/22 and just received an invitation to fill out a secondary application today (1/13). Stats: 3.6/3.5 Sub-500 MCAT MT Resident

Reactions: 3 users
Also was placed on a pre secondary hold and just got a secondary invite today

Seems like research is a big focus of Noorda - pretty special for a DO school.
My personal opinion is that they know that we will experience a bit of a disadvantage during residency apps because we’re coming from a new DO school, so they’re helping us pad/beef up our apps as much as possible. It’s an unfortunate truth that research is becoming more and more necessary across all specialities

Reactions: 4 users
Is it bad news for people on the WL that they’re sending out more secondaries?

I wonder how many folks they’re going to pull off of the WL. Seems like direct As aren’t as common anymore.

…or that could just be my paranoia, so who knows. I do feel for WL folks though - the future is uncertain and cloudy.

My personal opinion is that they know that we will experience a bit of a disadvantage during residency apps because we’re coming from a new DO school, so they’re helping us pad/beef up our apps as much as possible. It’s an unfortunate truth that research is becoming more and more necessary across all specialities
Research might be the ticket to stick out for most schools anyways, considering that the first part of the Boards (MD and DO) went to P/F.

Of course, that depends on what facet of medicine you wish to work for the future.

Patiently waits to be pulled off the pre-II hold

Can any current students using private loans share their loan company and interest rate? I’m scared about these private loans.

Can any current students using private loans share their loan company and interest rate? I’m scared about these private loans.
Noorda only works with 2 servicers right now. Zunta-fi thru a local bank and Sallie Mae. Rates vary. I’ve heard from 7-13%. Private loans are truly the worst :(

I would explore HPSP options (VA and military) and NHS if those are a possibility for you. Noorda won’t be eligible for fed loans until May 2025 but they said it takes 6 months to fully get accredited so most likely not until Spring semester of 2026.

For those of us who are accepted, is there any advantage to applying for private loans earlier or should we wait until spring to ensure we are going to end up at Noorda before applying for them?

Any body have any interview tips? Is it on one about your app or other types of questions?

For those of us who are accepted, is there any advantage to applying for private loans earlier or should we wait until spring to ensure we are going to end up at Noorda before applying for them?
There’s a credit check involved so don’t apply for private loans until you are 100% committed.

There’s a credit check involved so don’t apply for private loans until you are 100% committed.
Ok sounds good. I am 95% committed and I just wanted to make sure there was no harm in waiting

Reactions: 2 users
Any body have any interview tips? Is it on one about your app or other types of questions?
Mine was honestly just a conversation! My interviewer asked me two questions that were more ethical based but otherwise we both just talked about ourselves and how we got to where we are today - super lowkey!

• Love
Hey y'all, been a minute since I've visited this thread. Congrats to everyone who's been accepted so far!

Current 3rd year here. Speaking to research, they gave us a short presentation recently that showed our stats on research so far. They gave some numbers but I'm not sure if its proprietary information so I'll wont give the numbers. But here's the take away: the national average number of research experiences for graduating DO students is about half of the number of MD students experiences. Now for Noorda's stats: my class' average number of research experiences is the same as graduated MD students, and we still have a year left of school. The lowerclassman are trending to be above what we currently are. Research is part of our curriculum, so everyone is required to do some, but there are so many opportunities in many different areas of research (education/teaching, lifestyle, translational, benchwork, reviews, etc.). Hopefully this helps! :)

Reactions: 6 users
Hey y'all, been a minute since I've visited this thread. Congrats to everyone who's been accepted so far!

Current 3rd year here. Speaking to research, they gave us a short presentation recently that showed our stats on research so far. They gave some numbers but I'm not sure if its proprietary information so I'll wont give the numbers. But here's the take away: the national average number of research experiences for graduating DO students is about half of the number of MD students experiences. Now for Noorda's stats: my class' average number of research experiences is the same as graduated MD students, and we still have a year left of school. The lowerclassman are trending to be above what we currently are. Research is part of our curriculum, so everyone is required to do some, but there are so many opportunities in many different areas of research (education/teaching, lifestyle, translational, benchwork, reviews, etc.). Hopefully this helps! :)

This is awesome

Current 3rd year here. Speaking to research, they gave us a short presentation recently that showed our stats on research so far. They gave some numbers but I'm not sure if it’s proprietary information so I'll wont give the numbers. But here's the take away: the national average number of research experiences for graduating DO students is about half of the number of MD students experiences. Now for Noorda's stats: my class' average number of research experiences is the same as graduated MD students, and we still have a year left of school. The lowerclassman are trending to be above what we currently are. Research is part of our curriculum, so everyone is required to do some, but there are so many opportunities in many different areas of research (education/teaching, lifestyle, translational, benchwork, reviews, etc.). Hopefully this helps! :)
How do you, your peers and the staff and faculty feel about the alarmingly low first-time pass rate of 78%. This is the only red flag (aside from private loans) that’s deterring me from committing.

I understand it is about the individual and the effort they put in but it’s still record breaking low and gives off bad vibes about the resources and faculty committed towards students. Would love to hear an honest opinion

How do you, your peers and the staff and faculty feel about the alarmingly low first-time pass rate of 78%. This is the only red flag (aside from private loans) that’s deterring me from committing.

I understand it is about the individual and the effort they put in but it’s still record breaking low and gives off bad vibes about the resources and faculty committed towards students. Would love to hear an honest opinion
I totally understand your worries and hesitation. If you look at other Inaugural first time boards pass rate, our number is right on for the average. From my class' shortcomings, the learning services team learned a LOT about what worked and didn't work. The current second years that are studying for step/level 1 have a vastly different "study plan" than we had. They are taking a lot more practice tests and assessments. They also started prepping earlier than we did. If you look at the admitting stats of my class, it is a little lower than the class of 2026 and 27, so I'm sure academic shortcomings also played a role in our results. I can't help but wonder if people has a more lax attitude about their preparation because its a pass/fail exam. Regardless, I have full faith that the boards pass rate will get better and better every year. Lmk if you have any more questions.

Also, I felt our content throughout the first two years exposed us to pretty much all the information that we would see on boards. Rarely did I encounter a new concept during dedicated.

edit: as far as faculty commitment to our success, I have never felt so supported in my education than I did while preparing for step/level 1. Our success (and failures) reflect on them, so whether selfless or selfish motivations, they care deeply about how we perform. As far as resources go, I think what we were given was sufficient. I understand everyone learns differently and one resource may speak better to you than another. I had several classmates who pursued other resources on their own. But I didn't use any of those and still passed both exams.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users