2023-2024 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard back from the 2/23 group session?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
i had my interview session 2 weeks ago on 3/22, i know it hasnt been long but i am 100% sure i would go if accepted. should i let them know this via a letter of intent or is it just too soon?

i had my interview session 2 weeks ago on 3/22, i know it hasnt been long but i am 100% sure i would go if accepted. should i let them know this via a letter of intent or is it just too soon?
I sent one like a hour after my interview haha

Reactions: 1 user
anyone visit the campus in person? What's it like? How's Des Moines as a city?

I sent an update regarding some additional info about the school after my interview. Should I send another letter of intent stating I would go if accepted?

anyone visit the campus in person? What's it like?
It’s either extremely cold or extremely warm. All of the glass and natural lighting really destroyed their electric bill. There’s no library. Sim center is really nice, but that’s the extent of what I like about the new building.

3/28 group zoom checking everyday to see where everyone else is at .. I know they said 4-6 weeks but some people on this thread are saying they heard back 2 weeks after their interview

Members don't see this ad :)
How do quartiles for the WL work? I got second quartile

• Care
How do quartiles for the WL work? I got second quartile
I think 1Q is highest and idk if they're doing it this year but in previous they can also add "high priority" as well.

I got second quartile as well. Hoping for the best but kinda disappointed :(

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
When did everyone who are getting quartile ranks have their info session?

Had my group session on 3/7 and haven't heard back either :( the wait has been soooo painful

• Care
It’s either extremely cold or extremely warm. All of the glass and natural lighting really destroyed their electric bill. There’s no library. Sim center is really nice, but that’s the extent of what I like about the new building.
No library? How is that possible!?

Hi everyone, is anyone going to Grand Look this weekend? Would you recommend wearing comfortable shoes? I was considering wearing heels and business casual attire but not sure if we'll be walking around a lot on both days.

Hi everyone, is anyone going to Grand Look this weekend? Would you recommend wearing comfortable shoes? I was considering wearing heels and business casual attire but not sure if we'll be walking around a lot on both days.
Yes you’ll be walking up and down stairs, where something comfortable.

No library? How is that possible!?
It’s digital 😀

Are there study spots at least? Study rooms?
Yes, rooms go fast, but they’ve converted a couple “common areas” on the third and fourth floors of one building into dedicated study/quiet areas as well.

Today is 6 weeks from my group interview and still haven’t heard anything. Should I email them Monday or just keep waiting. How long has it taken for other groups to hear back?

Today is 6 weeks from my group interview and still haven’t heard anything. Should I email them Monday or just keep waiting. How long has it taken for other groups to hear back?
I’m at 7 weeks now I emailed them and they said they’re still reviewing my app

Second quartile, does anyone know the likelihood/probability of admission from DMU with this quartile?

I don’t get why they’re already ranking the waitlist when plenty of people who interviewed in February or March still haven’t gotten a decision yet… what if these people get waitlisted? Does that mean they’ll automatically be at the bottom?

• Hmm
I don’t get why they’re already ranking the waitlist when plenty of people who interviewed in February or March still haven’t gotten a decision yet… what if these people get waitlisted? Does that mean they’ll automatically be at the bottom?
Good question I have no idea

You don't like the gym? I thought that was amazing. Especially the part where you can select a spouse or someone to use it for $10/year. That's amazing. Also love the treadmill standing desks. I feel like I'd fall and trip, but still so nice to be able to have a standing desk option to study. Also, maybe the glass might bring in too much light but I kinda like it in the anatomy lab, especially since most are in a creepy basement.

Reactions: 1 users
Any acceptances from the group interview on 3/22?

II today! I will not be attending but just a reminder the cycle isn’t over yet! You still have time to get that A!!! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users