2023-2024 Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (KHSC-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we think some ppl on the WL will hear back tomorrow or Friday? Because of deposits being due?

Members don't see this ad.

@marie909 i really do not think so as they are still interviewing more candidates throughout the cycle. I think the waitlist officially opens up once the last candidate is interviewed

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my A. Hope it goes to one of y'all. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Also 11/21 interview. No word. Next week will be the 4th week. I'm sure people will start to hear something then.

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my interview last week (interview with Texas Tech was the same day) but wanted to let y'all know there are still TONS of interview dates available!

Reactions: 1 user
Just received a call with A! Interviewed on 11/20.
Is there an accepted students group?

Reactions: 1 users
withdrawing my A, hopefully it goes to one of y'all wonderful people!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what month the start pulling off the waitlist?

Is there a way for the accepted students to see how many people have taken their seats after paying the deposit on the student portal?

Last edited:
Turned down my A earlier this week. Hope it goes to one of y’all. Best of luck to all of you interviewing soon!

Reactions: 2 users
hey guys i have my interview tmmr was just wondering if you guys have any tips

Current student here. If anyone has questions about housing or anything else lmk!

Hey everyone! I had my interview recently. The interview day was very relaxing, and it flowed well. The Q&A was very informative, and it answered a lot of questions about the city and the school. The icebreaker we did really helped me ease my nerves and get ready for the two interview sessions that came after. Just be yourself and let your activities speak for you. Be friendly, be thoughtful, and understand why you want to be a part of their campus community. The interviews were very conversational, and they were very nice. Last year's SDN thread for this school gave a lot of accurate information about the interview process. I urge you all to read through it as you prepare.

Good luck on your interviews!

Hey everyone! I had my interview recently. The interview day was very relaxing, and it flowed well. The Q&A was very informative, and it answered a lot of questions about the city and the school. The icebreaker we did really helped me ease my nerves and get ready for the two interview sessions that came after. Just be yourself and let your activities speak for you. Be friendly, be thoughtful, and understand why you want to be a part of their campus community. The interviews were very conversational, and they were very nice. Last year's SDN thread for this school gave a lot of accurate information about the interview process. I urge you all to read through it as you prepare.

Good luck on your interviews!

Just curious but what was the ice breaker?

Just curious but what was the ice breaker?
Yes, it is just the basic name, hometown, college, fun fact. However, the hosts made jokes to lighten the mood; and for me at least, having the chance to introduce myself and have a quick laugh helped me warm up for my interviews.

Just finished my interview today. No lie that interview felt really good and i'm liking almost everything about this school.

Waitlisted first week of December, spoke with admin this week and they mentioned it’s not ranked but by priority/first come first serve.

Waitlisted first week of December, spoke with admin this week and they mentioned it’s not ranked but by priority/first come first serve.
Asked them about this too last week lol- so that means it’s just in the order that ppl interviewed and received a WL?

Primary Application: July 28th, 2023
Secondary Application Invitation: August 7th, 2023
Secondary Application Submission: August 8th, 2023
Casper Reservation: August 10th, 2023
REMINDER for Secondary (missing Casper): August 14th, 2023
Virtual Interview Invitation: September 20th, 2023
Virtual Interview: October 26th, 2023
OOS A: November 8th, 2023

There's an accepted student group that currently has 116 members (including some faculty)

Second this ^
I just finished setting up my school email, and I found the group that they were referring to. It's an internal group that you automatically get added to when you pay your deposit and gain access to your school email!

Anyone have any experience with sentry MD and exemptions for vaccines?

Got a missed call!! From Wichita KansasCOM. It was from one of the admissions folks. I assume that means I got accepted?

Got a missed call!! From Wichita KansasCOM. It was from one of the admissions folks. I assume that means I got accepted?
Ok followup. Called back and confirm that I got the A!!!!!! Interviewed 01/04.

Waitlisted a few days ago. Interviewed 1/5. Hopeful to get off the WL!

Any current first or OMS-I or OMS-II in the chat I could DM? I received an acceptance a week ago and wondered how you all were feeling about the clinical rotation sites KansasCOM will have next year.

Hey could anyone tell me how the interview day is? Like a breakdown of the schedule ? Thanks!

Any current first or OMS-I or OMS-II in the chat I could DM? I received an acceptance a week ago and wondered how you all were feeling about the clinical rotation sites KansasCOM will have next year.
Feel free to message me

That's strange. I also spoke with admin after my WL and they said they do a complete reassessment of each WL candidate (including going over interview notes, GPA, MCAT, and updates) for consideration before taking them off the waitlist.