2023-2024 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS WL, interviewed 2/21

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Got the A. OOS Interviewed 03/12. Would love to join the groupme :)

Reactions: 1 user
IS WL. Is it worth sending letters of continued interest

Members don't see this ad :)
Had anyone called to see if they can let us know what tier we are?

I thought they changed the WL by removing the tiers from last year.

OOS A on 4/01, if there a groupme link please send it. Thanks

I am very confused on how MSUCOM’s grading system works. Is it pass/fail?

I think it’s that it’s a pass fail system with internal quartile ranking. So some sort of ranking does get shown to residency programs when it comes time for that

Members don't see this ad :)
I am very confused on how MSUCOM’s grading system works. Is it pass/fail?
Grading is P/F (70 = pass). The quartiles are now "tiers" so basically, on residency apps, your overall grades are shown like this:

90-100 = "Tier 1"
80-90 = "Tier 2"
70-80 = "Tier 3"

Honestly nobody really cares much about these in practice (including most residency programs).

Reactions: 3 users
Hey! Can someone please DM me the class of 2028 group me link?

Hey, just wanted to pop in again and say I have sent the gm link to everyone who posted that they have been accepted/requested the link. If anyone hasn't heard from me and has been accepted please reach out! And to those awaiting results I wish you the the best of luck :)

Hi everyone waiting post II, I emailed admissions today as I am at my 4 week post II and they said decisions and updates will likely be 6 weeks or more after the interview for anyone anxious like me.

Reactions: 1 users
Question for everyone who has been accepted, how soon after being accepted are you confirmed which site you are going to? My husband and I are concerned about securing housing and schooling if admitted.

Question for everyone who has been accepted, how soon after being accepted are you confirmed which site you are going to? My husband and I are concerned about securing housing and schooling if admitted.

My site confirmation came within a day or two of giving them my preference

My preference was confirmed immediately after I submitted my deposit

Admissions team said they’d start pulling off WL in may when I called them Monday 😭😭

Reactions: 1 users
😩😩😩
fyi I think this is because of traffic rules. I'm on another WL and they said they're not allowed to start pulling from waitlist until May 1st. Also let's get some decisions going MSU!! Would love to go here lol

• Care
Does anyone know if MSU COM accepts new letters of rec/support if you’re on the waitlist?

Just got the A call! OOS, 50X mcat, 3.93 GPA. It was a 313 number, got it at 10:00

• Love
Reactions: 3 users