2023-2024 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
why is DMU giving out IIs when they have so many people on the WL? Is it common for schools to do that?

Members don't see this ad.

It has been 8 weeks since my group session and no update yet. Any thoughts/advice here? No AL and no rejection. Would a brief check-in be ok?

Members don't see this ad :)
It has been 8 weeks since my group session and no update yet. Any thoughts/advice here? No AL and no rejection. Would a brief check-in be ok?
I would. I sent a brief update letter at 7 weeks and asked about my status. Got the A at 8 weeks

I'm in the same boat. I called last week, and they said that my application was still waiting to be reviewed by the committee. They told me to call back in a week, which will be Wednesday if I still haven't heard anything. A friend of mine interviewed 4 weeks after me, and she was notified that she got on the waitlist two weeks ago. I am a little confused about the order they go through applications.

I sent an email this morning and got a brief "your app is still with the committee" response :L Group session 3/7

Reactions: 1 user
I had the same response when I inquired after the +6 week mark. If it helps boost morale, I got the A maybe another week or two after messaging! Don't lose hope just yet and good luck!

• Care
Still waiting after 3/1 group session.

Sucks to have to have to cough up another matriculation deposit before MD waitlist movement will set in

Sucks to have to have to cough up another matriculation deposit before MD waitlist movement will set in
Drop in the bucket in the long run

Reactions: 2 users
OOS A! First one of the cycle omggggg

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When was your group session?
3/1
i emailed them Wednesday night, they said i was still on file yesterday, and heard back today.

not sure if it made a difference but i like to think it put me on their radar.

PSA: DMU tells you 4-6 weeks to hear a decision after the group session. It is almost always 7-8 weeks til you actually hear( read everyone’s previous comments) don’t bother DMU until after 6 weeks. Everyone keeps asking the same question

Got the A this morning! 8 weeks exactly from my group interview

• Love
Reactions: 4 users