2023-2024 Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (KHSC-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone written a letter of intent yet after their WL from here? I've been thinking about maybe submitting sometime this month.

Members don't see this ad.

That's strange. I also spoke with admin after my WL and they said they do a complete reassessment of each WL candidate (including going over interview notes, GPA, MCAT, and updates) for consideration before taking them off the waitlist.
Wait really?? They also told me it’s not ranked and is first come serve. According to last years thread, first person was moved off the WL march 7th, so I’m hoping for the same this year

Reactions: 1 user
@Wildrnessbound27- They may have changed their approach, the conversation I had with them was back in November ish

@cjw2000 - It depends on your situation, if your deadset on this school and do not have any interviewing prospects by mid March then I would do it around then. You may or may not have more interviews. Sending a letter of intent is a soft contract and people may or may not know this but schools do have the power to mention your name to residency programs or schools about your break on loyalty towards the LOI if accepted. I confirmed this by speaking to a residency director at a hospital I currently work at.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok thank you for the info! I think i'll wait til March then since I have a pending interview this month.

Wait really?? They also told me it’s not ranked and is first come serve. According to last years thread, first person was moved off the WL march 7th, so I’m hoping for the same this year
Yes, I spoke with the director of admissions late December before the holidays. He was very specific on a "holistic re-review" of the candidates and encouraged updates to your application to put yourself in better standing. It seems a bit like a soft ranking system that they may be trying out, but I don't know much more than that.

@Kamikaze2025 Yeah, I was wondering the same. They may be trying to implement a different approach. It's good to know though. I'm sure it's difficult trying to manage what I'm sure is a mile-long WL.

Just withdrew my acceptance! Hope it goes to one of you! Good luck guys!!

Reactions: 1 users
When does the drug test need to be completed by for accepted students?

Hi! For those that have been accepted, I was curious how long the window to confirm your intent or to accept your offer was? TIA!

I have been accepted to four medical schools: one MD and three DOs so far: (AT Still, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, and here). I am probably going to withdraw my A in the next few weeks. I loved the school to pieces and am a non-traditional student. However, I am concerned about the match into residency and rotations. Any thoughts on what I should do?

Anyone have an idea how long the WL actually is? I'd imagine it's long but I'm trying to ascertain chances. I was told a more quantitative rank will not be established until it starts to move around April/May.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have an idea how long the WL actually is? I'd imagine it's long but I'm trying to ascertain chances. I was told a more quantitative rank will not be established until it starts to move around April/May.
April or May sounds hideous. I am waiting impatiently for my last two acceptances and it has only been a week and yet feels like an eternity....o_O

Not sure but according to last years thread a couple of people got pulled off the WL in March

Hoping to hear a bit of WL movement in the next month or so

Hoping to hear a bit of WL movement in the next month or so
you definitely will see some huge movement. I am currently sitting on an acceptance and there is a 99% chance I will turn it down.... so that's one free seat guaranteed to happen soon.....

you definitely will see some huge movement. I am currently sitting on an acceptance and there is a 99% chance I will turn it down.... so that's one free seat guaranteed to happen soon.....
lol thanks- so I at least know of one so far haha

Are there any current students lurking on this thread? I’m looking to speak with one to ask a few questions. Thanks!

I can just say there is going to be big waitlist movement even for the waitlist lol. I got in elsewhere I may decline the seat if I get accepted.

Has anyone heard back form late February interviews.

Has anyone heard any WL movement? There was some starting around this time last year so I was curious

My friend interviewed on 2/20 as well and hasn't heard back yet. Is he cooking up an R? Has anyone from the 2/20 group gotten an R yet?

Just withdrew my acceptance. I hope it goes out to one of you!

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my acceptance, hopefully one of y’all on the waitlist will get the spot!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Any current first or OMS-I or OMS-II in the chat I could DM? I received an acceptance a week ago and wondered how you all were feeling about the clinical rotation sites KansasCOM will have next year.
Message me and we can talk. Oms-1

OOS II today,
They have 2 interview dates left in the cycle, April 5th and April 12th.

Interviewed 03/22, any guesses as to when decisions will be sent out?

any update on Waitlist movement? Do we still have hope :(
Waitlist movement truly begins in late April and May as other accepted students begin to narrow down the schools they hold seats on. Of course there can be waitlist movement prior, but that is the bulk of it as each school tries to figure out how many seats they need to fill post those dates. Hang in there!

- Also on the WL :)

I dropped my seat recently. Hopefully, it goes out to one of you people on the WL!

• Care
Boom! Just withdrew my A. Does this seem professional? It is my first rejection letter and it feels kind of sad.... but I have 5 acceptances so need to start paring things down.
1712683963298.png

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Boom! Just withdrew my A. Does this seem professional? It is my first rejection letter and it feels kind of sad.... but I have 5 acceptances so need to start paring things down.
View attachment 385245
Looks perfectly fine. I doubt any insult/offense can be taken from it. The staff seems pretty professional and I'm sure they will be understanding. May want to change "school" to "incoming class," but that could just be the tone I use in my writing!