2023-2024 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I answered the research question a few months back but happy to summarize again for you here. I would say the average 3rd year student has about 6-7 research experiences currently. As far as the number of publications, that's a little more varied. Currently, I have one and another that is submitted. I also have 3-4 more projects I'm hoping will be published by the time I graduate. My personal research experiences is projected to be around 10-13ish.

If you catch me in anything but sweats and loungewear.... be concerned lol. But yeah the other person answered correctly. Even for OSCEs and standardized patients, I mostly wear scrubs.

Thank you so much. This really helps

Members don't see this ad.

I just got off the waitlist. I Interviewed 2/21. Waitlist 2/29. I likely won't be accepting, but just an FYI there is waitlist movement.

Reactions: 2 users
Got the A! So grateful!! Feels so surreal 🥹😭

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
To those who got accepted, did anyone else get a call from Dr. Wright (President of Noorda)? I was a bit shocked to see a voicemail from him and also touched to see that he’s reaching out to get to know a little bit more of the incoming students.
Just thought I'd update - Initially I had responded that I didn't receive one, but I ended up getting a call a few days ago. I'm guessing he's just working through the list of students as he has time. We had an almost ten minute conversation and he was SO genuine throughout it-definitely impressive! I even mentioned a student that I had reached out to with some questions that I had and he knew exactly who I was talking about which really reaffirmed for me that students at Noorda are more than just a number in a class.

I heard Noorda is planning to build additional buildings, what will these be for and has construction began on any of them?

Waitlisted 10/18. Accepted 03/22 OOS!! absolutely love this school and what they’re doing!! are there any current students I can message to get some questions answered?

I heard Noorda is planning to build additional buildings, what will these be for and has construction began on any of them?
From what I’ve heard, a research building, housing and parking structure. No construction so far and honestly probably won’t be completed before I graduate.

Have they announced yet who has orientation on which days? I believe there are two different orientation periods, but my portal doesn’t have info on which orientation I attend, and I was wondering if others have heard word yet.

Waitlisted 10/18. Accepted 03/22 OOS!! absolutely love this school and what they’re doing!! are there any current students I can message to get some questions answered?
Feel free to reach out with Qs, current 3rd year

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told they break ground on the research building next year, so probably won't be open for four years would be my guess. Additional parking could come sooner though.

hey everyone! I would appreciate if anyone could please provide some insight on if Noorda's pre-accreditation status holds a risk. also, will it be easy to find private loans?

OOS A! My first one! Two cycles. It’s been crazy.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I was going through the thread from last year and saw that some people got an "accepted pending seat" decision after their interviews instead of a regular waitlist decision and wanted to know if anyone received one of those this year or knows if the school still has two different waitlists.

Reactions: 1 user
hey everyone! I would appreciate if anyone could please provide some insight on if Noorda's pre-accreditation status holds a risk. also, will it be easy to find private loans?

Not a student yet, but I start in July with the incoming class, and I’ve learned a decent amount about this school and the process it’s going through during my application cycle.

Once a school receives pre-accreditation (a process that takes years of effort), I don’t believe there’s ever been a US medical school that has failed to gain full accreditation. It’s a rigorous process.

Also, I believe part of the pre-accreditation process requires the school set aside funds to support its students in the event that the school somehow fails to achieve full accreditation, which again, I don’t believe has ever happened.

Attending a newer school comes with its drawbacks not related to the risk of failing to achieve full accreditation, but I truly think this program has great potential. From what I‘ve seen, the people who worked to build this program have a great deal of passion and dedication. Not only do I not doubt that Noorda will achieve full accreditation, but I have a feeling that Noorda will be one of the stronger DO programs in the country by 5-10 years from now.

As far as private loans go, Noorda has some kind of partnership with two lenders, Sallie Mae and Zuntafi iHelp. Sallie mae wouldn’t approve me without a credit-worthy cosigner, but Zuntafi did approve me all by myself, and I have no real credit history. My credit history consists of the student loan payments I had to make during my gap year. Do with that what you will, but given my anecdotal experience, I‘d venture to say that private loans aren’t too difficult to obtain.

Reactions: 4 users
Im hoping my waitlist turns to an A but also worried about this. I’m not too knowledgeable about loans but I’ve heard that private loan rates are actually better than government loan rates at the moment
From my experience applying for the private loans the interest rate for me was significantly higher than a federal loan. Sallie Mae wouldn’t approve me without a co-signer, once I added a co-signer they offered me 14.7% interest rate, my co-signer was my mom who makes 70k/yr but has great credit. Zunta fi offered me 13.2% interest without having to add a cosigner (which I accepted). The finance charge from Zuntafi was also significantly lower than Salliemae (270k vs 530k for a 100k loan). I have a 750 credit score, but maybe my offered interest rates are so high because I am lower income 🫠 . Scared me quite a bit since I withdrew A’s from accredited schools I could get fed loans for, but I like Noorda’s program so much I am willing to deal w/ the disadvantages of private loans in order to pursue my education there.

Reactions: 1 users
dumb question, but regarding the financial aid requirement for accepted students, are we just required to submit the QR tinyurl form from the video? today's the deadline for initial deposit and I was just wondering

I think there is a form that we need to submit by May 1st that shows that we received funding?
dumb question, but regarding the financial aid requirement for accepted students, are we just required to submit the QR tinyurl form from the video? today's the deadline for initial deposit and I was just wondering

Can anyone speak about their virtual interview experience with Noorda?
it was one-on-one and they would have already watched your secondary video before interviewing. chill vibes and a few ethical type questions

Where do most students live? I'm between the aston, 360 midtown, and 200 city view, but I want to be in a place where I can be with other students. Any insights?

Where do most students live? I'm between the aston, 360 midtown, and 200 city view, but I want to be in a place where I can be with other students. Any insights?

I‘m torn between the aston, 200 city view, and the station, if that provides any insights haha, I start in July and I‘ll be at one of these places probably

I am also trying to look for an apartment right now, but how much are yalll willing to pay for rent because this is my first time living in an apartment so i dont really lknow what's a normal amount

I‘m torn between the aston, 200 city view, and the station, if that provides any insights haha, I start in July and I‘ll be at one of these places probably

Rent is pretty expensive in Provo/surrounding areas if you're not rooming with other people or getting a shared house. Single apartments/studios+ are starting at $1200+ and then theyre adding all these extra mandatory fees like "media package" which can get upto $150, then utilities, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it true that the first dean Dr. Dougherty no longer works at Noorda?

does anyone know if there's usually a lot of APS movement?

Just got waitlisted. What exactly does this mean? Is it a soft R? Any chance of getting off the waitlist?

What apartments do current students recommend? I am having a difficult time finding one without terrible reviews.