2023-2024 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I totally understand your worries and hesitation. If you look at other Inaugural first time boards pass rate, our number is right on for the average. From my class' shortcomings, the learning services team learned a LOT about what worked and didn't work. The current second years that are studying for step/level 1 have a vastly different "study plan" than we had. They are taking a lot more practice tests and assessments. They also started prepping earlier than we did. If you look at the admitting stats of my class, it is a little lower than the class of 2026 and 27, so I'm sure academic shortcomings also played a role in our results. I can't help but wonder if people has a more lax attitude about their preparation because its a pass/fail exam. Regardless, I have full faith that the boards pass rate will get better and better every year. Lmk if you have any more questions.

Also, I felt our content throughout the first two years exposed us to pretty much all the information that we would see on boards. Rarely did I encounter a new concept during dedicated.

edit: as far as faculty commitment to our success, I have never felt so supported in my education than I did while preparing for step/level 1. Our success (and failures) reflect on them, so whether selfless or selfish motivations, they care deeply about how we perform. As far as resources go, I think what we were given was sufficient. I understand everyone learns differently and one resource may speak better to you than another. I had several classmates who pursued other resources on their own. But I didn't use any of those and still passed both exams.
Thanks for the detailed response in answering my question! Much appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Just interviewed with RVUCOM. I get such a better feeling from Noorda!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Which one? My two As, as of now, are Rvu MCOM and noorda. Out of the two I’m going MCOM

CO. It may have been because it was over zoom while Noorda was in person but Noorda just seems more motivated to support their students. Noorda also values research so much more.

Reactions: 1 users
CO. It may have been because it was over zoom while Noorda was in person but Noorda just seems more motivated to support their students. Noorda also values research so much more.
Agreed. I too liked my experience in visiting the school and hope I can snag an A.

Last edited:
Can you share how your in person interview went outside of the actual interview? How did you like the school and Provo

I totally understand your worries and hesitation. If you look at other Inaugural first time boards pass rate, our number is right on for the average. From my class' shortcomings, the learning services team learned a LOT about what worked and didn't work. The current second years that are studying for step/level 1 have a vastly different "study plan" than we had. They are taking a lot more practice tests and assessments. They also started prepping earlier than we did. If you look at the admitting stats of my class, it is a little lower than the class of 2026 and 27, so I'm sure academic shortcomings also played a role in our results. I can't help but wonder if people has a more lax attitude about their preparation because its a pass/fail exam. Regardless, I have full faith that the boards pass rate will get better and better every year. Lmk if you have any more questions.

Also, I felt our content throughout the first two years exposed us to pretty much all the information that we would see on boards. Rarely did I encounter a new concept during dedicated.

edit: as far as faculty commitment to our success, I have never felt so supported in my education than I did while preparing for step/level 1. Our success (and failures) reflect on them, so whether selfless or selfish motivations, they care deeply about how we perform. As far as resources go, I think what we were given was sufficient. I understand everyone learns differently and one resource may speak better to you than another. I had several classmates who pursued other resources on their own. But I didn't use any of those and still passed both exams.
Another question! How do you feel about the remediation policy and what are the attrition rates looking like here? If you feel more comfortable maybe I can DM you incase Big Brother is watching. But you’re last response def made me feel more comfortable so looking forward to your next as well

Reactions: 1 user
Can you share how your in person interview went outside of the actual interview? How did you like the school and Provo

First of all the building is extremely impressive. Provo is beautiful. I got a great vibe from the students and faculty. It feels like they’re really trying to make a name for themselves. Coming with a research background, it’s nice that Noorda is really pushing research since that is a big factor in being a competitive applicant for residency. I received an A and I’m 99% sure this is where I’ll end up. Only hesitations are that I am not part of the Mormon community (Provo is largely Mormon) and the private loans scare me. Hope this helps!

Oh! Just to ask since I couldn't find this question online, but is the II open or closed file? I kinda forgot.
Hello! From Admissions, just wanted to clarify this. It is technically a partial-file interview. The interviewers only have access to your personal statement and your secondary application video, that's it! It is a lot more "closed" file than it is open. ADCOM has access to almost everything.

I hope this helps!

• Love
Hello! From Admissions, just wanted to clarify this. It is technically a partial-file interview. The interviewers only have access to your personal statement and your secondary application video, that's it! It is a lot more "closed" file than it is open. ADCOM has access to almost everything.

I hope this helps!
Thank you for the clarification!

I have withdrawn my Noorda-COM acceptance today. I hope one of you receives an acceptance! I am in the area and I support Noorda-COM and their mission. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Another question! How do you feel about the remediation policy and what are the attrition rates looking like here? If you feel more comfortable maybe I can DM you incase Big Brother is watching. But you’re last response def made me feel more comfortable so looking forward to your next as well
Haha happy to answer so other prospective students can see, but unfortunately I don’t have a ton of info on attrition. The admissions committee might have more info if you want to reach out to them about it. What I can say is that from my class we still have all 90 students enrolled at Noorda. I have no idea about the other cohorts.

edit: I forgot to mention the remediation policy. To be honest it changed this last year so I’m not completely familiar with it, but I think it still applies to us and our shelf exams. I think the policy is fair. I think some people were taking advantage of the previous policy which was basically unlimited number of fails (which contributed to the policy change). Also, Noorda writes all their exams and so their question bank wasnt vetted for my class. Last I heard, the test averages get higher and higher each year as their question bank get better. But I do think the new policy does put a little more stress on some students.

Last edited:
Waitlisted, interview 1/19. Hoping this turns to an A cause I was really resonating with the school

Don’t lose sight of your dream. It will come in due time. I applied 3 times before I got an A.
This is my third time. I am getting ready for another II, but I’m quite bummed that I didn’t get this school.

I hope to get more IIs, but the cycle is almost over. I was WLed before, which is why this stings.

Can anyone speak to how kindly this admissions department views non-traditional applicants that are married with children? Everyone says to be yourself in your secondary application video, but all the interviews coaches tell you not to reveal that information about yourself because it makes you a less desirable candidate since many medical schools will view your family as a distraction from your academics...

Last edited:
Can anyone speak to how kindly this admissions department views non-traditional applicants that are married with children? Everyone says to be yourself in your secondary application video, but all the interviews coaches tell you not to reveal that information about yourself because it makes you a less desirable candidate since many medical schools will view your family as a distraction from you academics...

I think Noorda is one of the exceptions to this rule of thumb. In general, the area of Provo and Salt Lake City seem very family friendly. Also, Noorda has plans to build housing on campus, and on the first floor of the housing complex they expect to have stores and shops, one of those locations being a daycare for students who have young children. Part of the selling point as well for why they designed the curriculum in the way that they did is so that managing your time around the curriculum to be free for family more often becomes easier. Out of all med schools, Noorda seems to be among the most family friendly.

Can anyone speak to how kindly this admissions department views non-traditional applicants that are married with children? Everyone says to be yourself in your secondary application video, but all the interviews coaches tell you not to reveal that information about yourself because it makes you a less desirable candidate since many medical schools will view your family as a distraction from you academics...
In my cohort there are so many moms and dads haha. From my friend group alone, there will be 5 babies born during our time at Med school (3 friends due this summer). The design of our curriculum is very accommodating for parents who have kids at home. A lot of our faculty have families as well! I agree with the other comment, be yourself 100%! If you don’t feel comfortable bringing your family up in an interview then don’t, but don’t feel like you have to hide them either (for noorda of course, I can’t speak to other programs).

I brought my family up in my secondary video and had no issues. I asked a very similar question during my interview day and found they are very supportive of students with families. There seemed to be a decent amount of students with families (feel like I even remember some club where students with families get together and go hiking, skiing, hangout together). It really impressed me how willing they seem to support students with families and encourage them to get involved socially and with the med student parent’s experience in the program.

I think Noorda is one of the exceptions to this rule of thumb. In general, the area of Provo and Salt Lake City seem very family friendly. Also, Noorda has plans to build housing on campus, and on the first floor of the housing complex they expect to have stores and shops, one of those locations being a daycare for students who have young children. Part of the selling point as well for why they designed the curriculum in the way that they did is so that managing your time around the curriculum to be free for family more often becomes easier. Out of all med schools, Noorda seems to be among the most family friendly.
Currently accepted to NOORDA, I am married and have a little boy (8 months). I was honest in both my primary and secondary applications as this was mentioned a few times in some of my essays. When I interviewed many of the current students I talked to were parents themselves.

In my cohort there are so many moms and dads haha. From my friend group alone, there will be 5 babies born during our time at Med school (3 friends due this summer). The design of our curriculum is very accommodating for parents who have kids at home. A lot of our faculty have families as well! I agree with the other comment, be yourself 100%! If you don’t feel comfortable bringing your family up in an interview then don’t, but don’t feel like you have to hide them either (for noorda of course, I can’t speak to other programs).
How many times would you say you have to be on campus a week? Is it typically every day or can you do a lot of studying at home? During first two years of course

How many times would you say you have to be on campus a week? Is it typically every day or can you do a lot of studying at home? During first two years of course
There is an attendance policy that has changed over the last couple years. But I think out of the 2 week cycle you’re require to be on campus for pod or labs 80% of the days. A current 1st or 2nd year might be able to share more of the details of the attendance policy.

Hey does anyone know how the WL movement will be like?

This place is my #1 choice ><

There is an attendance policy that has changed over the last couple years. But I think out of the 2 week cycle you’re require to be on campus for pod or labs 80% of the days. A current 1st or 2nd year might be able to share more of the details of the attendance policy.
Great, thanks! If any 1st or 2nd years want to share I would appreciate that too

Great, thanks! If any 1st or 2nd years want to share I would appreciate that too
So I was looking in the student handbook at something else and stumbled upon the attendance policy lol, here it is straight from the source:

"It is expected that students will engage with on campus curricular activities at a minimum of three (3) days in week one of a two (2) week cycle, and/ or a total of five (5) days in that two-week cycle"

Hopefully that makes sense!

OOS; interviewed in person on 1/19 and was accepted on 1/24. I loved meeting the students, faculty, and other interviewees - it truly felt like they're fostering such a warm, genuine, collaborative culture. The building was beautiful, and they talked about some of the current student research projects which were really neat.

Is there an accepted student GroupMe?

OOS; interviewed in person on 1/19 and was accepted on 1/24. I loved meeting the students, faculty, and other interviewees - it truly felt like they're fostering such a warm, genuine, collaborative culture. The building was beautiful, and they talked about some of the current student research projects which were really neat.

Is there an accepted student GroupMe?
If there is a GroupMe, I haven’t heard about it. There’s an accepted student Facebook page tho! You’ll get a link for it when you get your student email.

from other people's previous posts, it looks like once they were put on a waitlist, Noorda notified them of their acceptance in 5 to 6 weeks. I also interviewed 1/19 and got waitlisted :oops:

is it too late to apply here?

I would say no. I submitted primary on 1/1/2024 and I was on top of my communications with the admissions department, got my secondary completed ASAP and I have my already got my interview invite. It's scheduled for 2/21.

Edit: I actually just checked today I submitted my primary for here on 12/22/2023. It was only received by Noorda on 1/2/2024 (I am assuming due to the holidays).

Last edited:
  • Care
So I was looking in the student handbook at something else and stumbled upon the attendance policy lol, here it is straight from the source:

"It is expected that students will engage with on campus curricular activities at a minimum of three (3) days in week one of a two (2) week cycle, and/ or a total of five (5) days in that two-week cycle"

Hopefully that makes sense!
Awesome, thanks!

For those who have interviewed already, how long did it take to receive an II after submitting your secondaries?

For those who have interviewed already, how long did it take to receive an II after submitting your secondaries?
I literally received my II in less than a week. But others got their's closer to a month later. Keep your chin up.

Any current students have a list of must haves for med school?

I got off the waitlist around 7pm on Dec 14th (the night of one of their admission deadlines) so I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't any more movement until the April deadline

For the third-year students, how do you feel about the quality of your clinical rotations? Asked this already but would be interested in an update now that more time has passed.

It's not too late! Our primary application deadline is March 1. Note: Your application must be verified by AACOMAS and received by Noorda-COM by 11:59 p.m. ET on March 1, 2024, to be considered for the current cycle.

It's not too late! Our primary application deadline is March 1. Note: Your application must be verified by AACOMAS and received by Noorda-COM by 11:59 p.m. ET on March 1, 2024, to be considered for the current cycle.

How many applications have you received/ are expecting this cycle?

Any current students have a list of must haves for med school?
1. Noise-cancelling headphones
2. Stanley cup for water consumption (or off-brand if you are a peon like me)
3. A hobby that you genuinely enjoy and will actually spend time doing. If I don't take 1-2 hours to work out and play my Playstation every day I would definitely have gone insane by now.
4. Patagucci drip (warm jacket for Utah winters) and good tires on your car for the snow.
5. First-aid USMLE book. Similar resources that condense content needed for step/comlex is provided to you at Noorda but I personally love the physical book. Content comes at you extremely fast and not knowing what content to focus on really freaked me out in the beginning.
6. Many students use an accessory monitor that is compatible with the Surface Pro for simultaneous video watching and note-taking.
7. All the stuff from home that makes you happy. Make sure you have a cozy place to return home to after a long day of studying!

Reactions: 5 users
Withdrew my A, but absolutely love this school. Goodluck future docs.

I’m scared of these loans
Anyone got words of wisdom?
Im hoping my waitlist turns to an A but also worried about this. I’m not too knowledgeable about loans but I’ve heard that private loan rates are actually better than government loan rates at the moment