2023-2024 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is this school open to lower MCATs? I made a 494, but have a 3.72 gpa and excellent ECs.
I do not attend here but I did apply last cycle and got an A here very early on. I had a 496 and had a private meeting with one of the admissions people and they told me to retake, I got it up to a 498 and received an A (first interview group), strongly suggest you retake! It will help out not just here but everywhere else also

Members don't see this ad.

There’s a deposit deadline in December, correct? Do we think there will be waitlist movement then?

There’s a deposit deadline in December, correct? Do we think there will be waitlist movement then?

They didn’t start waitlist movement for this school until May 8th the last two cycles I believe. They interview until April, so I don’t think we‘ll see any movement until around then for this cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They didn’t start waitlist movement for this school until May 8th the last two cycles I believe. They interview until April, so I don’t think we‘ll see any movement until around then for this cycle.
That is nerve-wracking for WL folks.

That is nerve-wracking for WL folks.

I know haha, Noorda seems to have a mad dash of waitlist movement in the 11th hour of May and June before they start classes. At least that‘s the way it’s seemed on SDN threads of the past.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
I know haha, Noorda seems to have a mad dash of waitlist movement in the 11th hour of May and June before they start classes. At least that‘s the way it’s seemed on SDN threads of the past.

Such is the way it goes...but dang.

Can any current gnomes tell me about life in Provo as an individual with a Christian background?

Can any current gnomes tell me about life in Provo as an individual with a Christian background?

I’m currently attending BYU. It’s hard to get dates if you’re not Mormon, but that might just be BYU. Provo is very friendly whether you’re LDS or not and pretty busy for a tiny city. There’s awesome mountains to hike, Provo lake to fish, and a cute farmers market (now Christmas market) every Saturday. It’s safe and clean, I left my motorcycle keys on my bike once and someone took it off and place it on the dash to help save my battery.

how long did yall wait to get decisions post interview :oops:

Last edited:
This thread has been not as active as its been the majority of the cycle for the last month and a half, have they not sent anymore interviews recently?

Having a very hard time choosing against this school right now. I loved everything ab it but I can’t decide whether to go with the safer option of LUCOM or here. Someone please help

Members don't see this ad :)
Having a very hard time choosing against this school right now. I loved everything ab it but I can’t decide whether to go with the safer option of LUCOM or here. Someone please help

I‘m neither a student at Noorda nor at LUCOM, so take what I‘m saying with a grain of salt. On paper, LUCOM seems to have every advantage. It’s established, it has a 96.5% first time board pass rate, great residency match rates, etc. Noorda has no match data, and it sounds like their first time board pass rate was 79%. However, I think I would personally enjoy life more at Noorda, so it’s a tough trade-off. At the end of the day, through hard work you could probably make whatever dreams you have happen at Noorda and enjoy the life that Noorda offers, but if you‘re looking to do anything competitive, I would choose LUCOM just because they have a stronger track record for now, and it’s definitely possible to enjoy yourself and your life at LUCOM I imagine. In the future, I think Noorda will prove to be a strong program, but as it’s not currently the future yet, any competitive dreams probably would be safer at LUCOM.

Reactions: 4 users
I‘m neither a student at Noorda nor at LUCOM, so take what I‘m saying with a grain of salt. On paper, LUCOM seems to have every advantage. It’s established, it has a 96.5% first time board pass rate, great residency match rates, etc. Noorda has no match data, and it sounds like their first time board pass rate was 79%. However, I think I would personally enjoy life more at Noorda, so it’s a tough trade-off. At the end of the day, through hard work you could probably make whatever dreams you have happen at Noorda and enjoy the life that Noorda offers, but if you‘re looking to do anything competitive, I would choose LUCOM just because they have a stronger track record for now, and it’s definitely possible to enjoy yourself and your life at LUCOM I imagine. In the future, I think Noorda will prove to be a strong program, but as it’s not currently the future yet, any competitive dreams probably would be safer at LUCOM.
Really appreciate your thoughtful response. My brain has been telling me LUCOM for those exact reasons, and you’re definitely right. Maybe I was just drinking too much of the Noorda koolaid

This thread has been not as active as its been the majority of the cycle for the last month and a half, have they not sent anymore interviews recently?
I know that the December cohort already had their interviews, and I still see spots for Jan, Feb, and March interviews

For people who got waitlisted, have you sent in letters of intent/interest yet or are you waiting until closer to April/May?

Has anyone accepted received the cost of attendance email? Thought I would have seen it by now.

Has anyone accepted received the cost of attendance email? Thought I would have seen it by now.
Hi, yes, I have. I had my financial aid session on 12/1 and received an email with details of the COA on 12/5. The director of financial aid is out on medical leave until January 6, so you should probably email the general admission email that you never received it and they’ll probably redirect you to someone who can get you that info!

They also posted the class of 2028 COA on their website if you just search “Noorda Tuition”

I just got pulled off the waitlist today and got an acceptance here!! I interviewed on 10/11 and got waitlisted on 10/24.

Just got the acceptance email!! Interviewed 10/20 and was waitlisted initially

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted off the waitlist today, OOS!!!

Congrats to all accepted off the WL!

I guess they moved faster than predicted then. Nice!

The decision was fast. Interviewed last week and got A today. FYI.

• Wow
Received interview on 11/1. Waitlisted 11/10. Accepted 12/14. :)

WL, also interviewed 12/8 virtually. Bummed cus I liked the school

It makes me wonder how they are doing waitlist to acceptance this year if they had said they were going to rank everyone on that list after the last interview

• Wow
Got off the waitlist!! Interviewed 11/15, waitlisted 11/21, accepted 12/14 :giggle:

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the A on 12/14!! Interviewed 11/3, waitlisted 11/17. Was so so sooo disappointed when I got the WL notification knowing that previous cycles WL movement tended to happen pretty late. So excited now as this is one of my top 2 choices in schools! Keep hope rest of WL peeps, my stats aren’t necessarily fantastic (506 MCAT, 3.67 undergrad GPA, 3.31 masters GPA, 3 gap years between undergrad and masters program) but I had a great interview and do lots of research atm. I am also an OOS applicant (from Fl) but i did spend almost 2 years living in a rural part of Colorado for work so i think that helped. Seems like this school puts good weight on personality and experience and not just raw metrics.

Last edited:
Are there any current students here willing to answer a question or two for me?

Just got the acceptance email!! Interviewed 10/20 and was waitlisted initially
Just wanted to add that I had a 498 MCAT, 3.6 GPA, and am OOS. I’m taking a gap year rn working in the OR in orthopedics and other than that I volunteered 3-4 hours every week in undergrad and worked about 20 hours each week spread between clinical research, giving campus tours, and tutoring student athletes. I was super worried that my stats would hold me back from being accepted (and I think they have at other schools) but I really enjoyed my interview here and truly think that Noorda puts an equal amount of emphasis on a person’s personality as they do on their stats.

current second year. Ask away

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I was accepted to Noorda, and I‘m absolutely pumped about it because so far I love the school. I have just one question that I was hoping you could maybe shed some light on. If you‘ve been able to talk to or form relationships with the third years, how often would you say they have NPs or PAs in charge of them while on clinical rotations? I have a cousin at LECOM - Bradenton, and I was shocked to hear that basically the entirety of his EM rotation, save for maybe two days, was spent under the supervision of an NP, and while I know mid-levels are vital to the healthcare team, their training doesn’t really compare to that of a physician, and to be an adequate physician I‘d like to be learning from practicing physicians for as much as possible during clinical rotations.

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I was accepted to Noorda, and I‘m absolutely pumped about it because so far I love the school. I have just one question that I was hoping you could maybe shed some light on. If you‘ve been able to talk to or form relationships with the third years, how often would you say they have NPs or PAs in charge of them while on clinical rotations? I have a cousin at LECOM - Bradenton, and I was shocked to hear that basically the entirety of his EM rotation, save for maybe two days, was spent under the supervision of an NP, and while I know mid-levels are vital to the healthcare team, their training doesn’t really compare to that of a physician, and to be an adequate physician I‘d like to be learning from practicing physicians for as much as possible during clinical rotations.
Not sure but I guess it depends on the clinic/hospital. Would it be so bad to learn from and NP/PA that has been on the job for at least 5-10 years?

II 10 minutes ago, submitted my secondary last night about 2 hours before the deadline! Scheduled for 1/10

Reactions: 2 users
Not sure but I guess it depends on the clinic/hospital. Would it be so bad to learn from and NP/PA that has been on the job for at least 5-10 years?

An opportunity to learn from someone that has experiences to teach from is always something I‘d be grateful for, no matter who‘s doing the teaching. I didn’t mean to offend if that’s what happened. I was just curious, because while I know NPs/PAs play a super important role in the healthcare team, I want to be a physician, and because of this, I think my time on a clinical rotation would be best spent learning from practicing physicians for at least half of the duration of the rotation as opposed to from NPs/PAs for a majority of the rotation. This in mind, it dawned on me that I should ask about how Noorda’s rotation sites have been for its students after hearing about my cousin’s EM rotation where he only followed NPs. I really am super excited about Noorda; I‘ve sort of fallen in love with the school haha. It’s the school I think I want to attend more than any other school I applied to, I just wanted to know more about the clinical rotation sites and what they are like for the students experiencing them.

An opportunity to learn from someone that has experiences to teach from is always something I‘d be grateful for, no matter who‘s doing the teaching. I didn’t mean to offend if that’s what happened. I was just curious, because while I know NPs/PAs play a super important role in the healthcare team, I want to be a physician, and because of this, I think my time on a clinical rotation would be best spent learning from practicing physicians for at least half of the duration of the rotation as opposed to from NPs/PAs for a majority of the rotation. This in mind, it dawned on me that I should ask about how Noorda’s rotation sites have been for its students after hearing about my cousin’s EM rotation where he only followed NPs. I really am super excited about Noorda; I‘ve sort of fallen in love with the school haha. It’s the school I think I want to attend more than any other school I applied to, I just wanted to know more about the clinical rotation sites and what they are like for the students experiencing them.

I agree. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to want to be mentored by a physician and observe a physician practice and see how they approach cases.

Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew my acceptance here! Loved the school and definitely think it's heading in the right direction. Hope it goes to one of you guys on the WL! GL to everyone this cycle!

Reactions: 3 users