2023-2024 Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (KHSC-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary prompts are:
1. What failures have you experienced that have shaped you as an individual and prepared you for the rigors of medical school?
2. What have you found as the most effective way to prioritize your time?
3. What individuals and experiences have led to your interest in Osteopathic Medicine and motivated you to apply to KHSC-KansasCOM?

No clear word or character counts

Did it take a while for the temporary password to come to your email? I entered the same email I used on my AACOMAS application but the temporary password hasn't come yet...

Last edited:
Did it take a while for the temporary password to come to your email? I entered the same email I used on my AACOMAS application but the temporary password hasn't come yet...
Mine only took about 5 minutes or so. Maybe clear your cache/cookies and try again? Or try another browser.

Does anyone have a word count they're trying to stick around for these prompts? Since there's no defined limit.

Secondary prompts are:
1. What failures have you experienced that have shaped you as an individual and prepared you for the rigors of medical school?
2. What have you found as the most effective way to prioritize your time?
3. What individuals and experiences have led to your interest in Osteopathic Medicine and motivated you to apply to KHSC-KansasCOM?

No clear word or character counts

500 word limits on all prompts, they are not initially clear unless you go over the limit.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if this school is similar to ARCOM where a received secondary is a probable II?

Does anyone know if this school is similar to ARCOM where a received secondary is a probable II?
Incoming student here. I think if you meet their minimum requirements you are guaranteed a secondary - so not necessarily. However, since it’s a newer school still they will probably be conducting more interviews because people are more likely to go to more established schools first so they need to cushion for that.

Did anyone else get an email stating: "REMINDER: You still have an application to finish", despite having already submitted your app?? I submitted my app about 5 days ago. The portal says my app is Under Review, too. I assume I'm good to go? I'm just not sure why I got that email yesterday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else get an email stating: "REMINDER: You still have an application to finish", despite having already submitted your app?? I submitted my app about 5 days ago. The portal says my app is Under Review, too. I assume I'm good to go? I'm just not sure why I got that email yesterday.
Yes, I'm assuming it's an automated email and I plan to disregard.

How long did it take to receive the secondary after the primary was verified?

How long did it take to receive the secondary after the primary was verified?
I was verified in mid-June, so well before transmission, but didn't get my secondary until July 9th. Based on this thread it looks like 7-14 days after verification

How did you guys answer the second secondary question? I'm stuck on how to think through it

What have you found as the most effective way to prioritize your time?

Did anyone else receive an email just now stating “Today is the last day to complete your application?”

I submitted my secondary on 7/19 and my application status says I’m in review. Is this just an automated email, or should I reach out to ensure all parts of my app have been received?

Did anyone else receive an email just now stating “Today is the last day to complete your application?”

I submitted my secondary on 7/19 and my application status says I’m in review. Is this just an automated email, or should I reach out to ensure all parts of my app have been received?

I just got the same email and I submitted my secondary early July. I think I’m going to email, because that’s strange even if it is automated.

+1

I just got the same email and I submitted my secondary early July. I think I’m going to email, because that’s strange even if it is automated.
Glad I’m not the only one. I sent an email as well, just to be on the safe side.

Does anyone know if they have starting sending invitations for interview yet?

Does anyone know if they have starting sending invitations for interview yet?

If there’s anything I’ve learned from this process it’s that premeds will get an II and their first thought is how excited they are and the second thought is to go brag on SDN.

Basically, I guarantee you that if an interview is sent out it will be recorded here within minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
If there’s anything I’ve learned from this process it’s that premeds will get an II and their first thought is how excited they are and the second thought is to go brag on SDN.

Basically, I guarantee you that if an interview is sent out it will be recorded here within minutes.
Yup. I just SDN to just gauge where schools are in their interview process lol

Is anyone still waiting on a secondary? I submitted primary 7/13 and received a complete email 7/28

Is anyone having an issue registering for interview day?

Is anyone having an issue registering for interview day?

I had some trouble initially. The “spots” on a given date doesn’t actually indicate whether that date is open. You have to find a date where you can actually “purchase a ticket”. Hopefully that helps, it was very confusing to me too until I figured out the setup.

Could a current/former students help answer some of these questions?

1. Are preclinical and clinical years both P/F?
2. Are clinical rotations based on how you do from preclinical years or is it lottery?
3. How are the professors?
4. How is the prep for boards?
5. How long is dedicated time to study for boards?
6. What is the exam schedule like?
7. What is the remediation policy? Is it only one retake and if you fail another course, you repeat or are you dismissed?
8. Is the student environment competitive or chill?
9. What's your favorite thing about the school?
10. Are you happy?

THANK YOU!! :)

Could a current/former students help answer some of these questions?

1. Are preclinical and clinical years both P/F?
2. Are clinical rotations based on how you do from preclinical years or is it lottery?
3. How are the professors?
4. How is the prep for boards?
5. How long is dedicated time to study for boards?
6. What is the exam schedule like?
7. What is the remediation policy? Is it only one retake and if you fail another course, you repeat or are you dismissed?
8. Is the student environment competitive or chill?
9. What's your favorite thing about the school?
10. Are you happy?

THANK YOU!! :)
1. Preclinical year is P/F, Clinical year is P/F with honors.
2. We only have 2 cohorts so far, but it seems like they will give you a preference to fill out. I'm OOS and the school said they have some rotations set up at my state, and will be prioritizing students from home state first. (they are still working on more sites)
3. Professors are awesome, they all want us to succeed. Granted, there's always professors that aren't great, but overall, they're great. Our professors were from other medical schools for years. So they have a lot of experience working with medical students.
4. We have third trimester dedicated for boards. Second trimester ends around the end of February. School provides us with third party resources link scholar RX to practice questions.
5. See above.
6. We have an exam every 2-3 weeks, around 70-74 questions, 90 seconds per question and time will drop to boards standard as we get closer to boards.
7. You have to pass each module with a 70% or higher, so if this trimester has 2 modules, you need to pass both modules with a 70%. If you fail one module but your overall is over 70%, you still have to remediate. It looks like they remediate you based on the Learning Objectives that you're weak in.
8. Everyone is super friendly and nice!
9. Staff are so welcoming and always here to help.
10. Well, I'm from the west coast. Aside from being far away from family and friends, it's been a positive experience.

Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Hello, Im a Wichita State grad and Wichita Native, I applied in late June with a 506 MCAT and 3.47 GPA. Still no secondary and I was wondering your guys' thoughts on if I should contact the school? I actually had another medical school interview asking if I applied to the Wichita DO school opening, I told them my scenario and they said I should reach out. I dont want to annoy admissions if it is not necessary.

Hello, Im a Wichita State grad and Wichita Native, I applied in late June with a 506 MCAT and 3.47 GPA. Still no secondary and I was wondering your guys' thoughts on if I should contact the school? I actually had another medical school interview asking if I applied to the Wichita DO school opening, I told them my scenario and they said I should reach out. I dont want to annoy admissions if it is not necessary.
Super weird. Email tbh.

1. Preclinical year is P/F, Clinical year is P/F with honors.
2. We only have 2 cohorts so far, but it seems like they will give you a preference to fill out. I'm OOS and the school said they have some rotations set up at my state, and will be prioritizing students from home state first. (they are still working on more sites)
3. Professors are awesome, they all want us to succeed. Granted, there's always professors that aren't great, but overall, they're great. Our professors were from other medical schools for years. So they have a lot of experience working with medical students.
4. We have third trimester dedicated for boards. Second trimester ends around the end of February. School provides us with third party resources link scholar RX to practice questions.
5. See above.
6. We have an exam every 2-3 weeks, around 70-74 questions, 90 seconds per question and time will drop to boards standard as we get closer to boards.
7. You have to pass each module with a 70% or higher, so if this trimester has 2 modules, you need to pass both modules with a 70%. If you fail one module but your overall is over 70%, you still have to remediate. It looks like they remediate you based on the Learning Objectives that you're weak in.
8. Everyone is super friendly and nice!
9. Staff are so welcoming and always here to help.
10. Well, I'm from the west coast. Aside from being far away from family and friends, it's been a positive experience.

Good luck!
Current student, editing to clarify…

There are only a small handful, as in 6, of the faculty that have taught at another medical school prior to here. The majority of the faculty have not taught at a medical school before, which means they are learning how to do their job at this level just as much as we are learning to learn at this level. Not optimal.

Reactions: 1 users
A bit late to the party here, complete 8/10, received II 9/25 and scheduled for 10/27. May be turning this one down soon due to having an A on hand and IIs at other programs closer to home.