2023-2024 Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (KHSC-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone interviewed on 11/3 and got accepted? Looks like everyone who got accepted yesterday were interviewed in October

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed 11/02 and same, haven’t received a call. I think they reviewed the II from mid October to end of October.

I feel a bit silly asking this, but is the intent to enroll deadline for this school also December 15? I didn't see a deadline mentioned in their emails (nor on their website), so I'm just assuming December 15 is the universal deadline for DO schools?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel a bit silly asking this, but is the intent to enroll deadline for this school also December 15? I didn't see a deadline mentioned in their emails (nor on their website), so I'm just assuming December 15 is the universal deadline for DO schools?
Some schools say the 14th, some schools say the 15th. I was told the 14th for KansasCOM during the acceptance phone call.

I interviewed 11/02 and same, haven’t received a call. I think they reviewed the II from mid October to end of October.
I interviewed 10/30 and haven't received word of anything. I also saw people who interviewed 10/31 haven't heard back

When are we thinking the next batch of decisions calls/emails will be rolling out? I interviewed 10/31

When are we thinking the next batch of decisions calls/emails will be rolling out? I interviewed 10/31
Well last batch went out like 10/10 and then this recent one was like around 11/9 I believe so probably around last week of November or first week of December we might hear something hopefully.

Well last batch went out like 10/10 and then this recent one was like around 11/9 I believe so probably around last week of November or first week of December we might hear something hopefully.
During my interview 10/30 they said they wanted to get our interview day's decisions out before Thanksgiving

Reactions: 1 users
I haven’t heard anything yet,
Interviewed 10/31 fingers crossed for all of us. Manifesting this acceptance.

Does anyone have the contact email for KSHC-COM's admission? The one on the website: [email protected] sends me back a "admissions wasn't found at kansascom.org" message.

I'm email to confirm if I should apply, as my science GPA is below there 3.0 cut-off (it's 2.94).

Congrats on all the A’s, can anyone that interviewed here provide a little perspective on how it went. I understand it’s 2 1:1 interviews with staff and faculty but are they both closed files? Did anyone have time between questions to talk about your experiences or PS. Or is it simply some ethical questions, and some basics “why this why that”

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on all the A’s, can anyone that interviewed here provide a little perspective on how it went. I understand it’s 2 1:1 interviews with staff and faculty but are they both closed files? Did anyone have time between questions to talk about your experiences or PS. Or is it simply some ethical questions, and some basics “why this why that”
I would say there’s a mixture of both getting to know you and the questions that they want to see how you answer. They are both closed files, but when it comes to preparing for your interview just dig deep and find out honestly why you chose this path and answer with integrity. I over thought one of my previous interviews I had and it led to a waitlist. Interviewers want to see if you can carry a genuine conversation, don’t be afraid to get to know them, or talk about cool stories. Have fun with it and imagine it’s just another friend in front of you.

Desperately hoping to hear back before Thanksgiving this week 🥲

Reactions: 4 users
For anyone who interviewed, what kinds of questions did you ask to ascertain more info on the school/program and their curriculum? Any questions to avoid or tread lightly on when they open the floor up for you to get more information? This is my very first interview ever so I'm trying to be engaged and mindful of the process. Thanks all!

For those with upcoming interviews, make sure you schedule for the earlier time on your date. Making the second round of applicants sit through the Q&A panel first before doing the 1:1s is just foul 😭 Watching all those nervous faces try to pay attention to the faculty answer chat questions was too funny

• Haha
Refreshing my portal every 5-10 minutes since Monday 😂

I think it’s safe to say they will reach out to us after thanksgiving, happy thanksgiving everyone! Go eat some turkey, spend time with family and away from the emails ❤️

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone! For the current students attending KHSC KCOM, what has been your experience so far attending a brand new DO school? I interviewed on 11/20 and absolutely loved everything about the program. But would love to gain your thoughts on this

It looks like the turnover from interview to admissions decisions from previous interviews/last year was sooner than this!

Same nothing. Interviewed 11/2 virtually and haven't heard back. Lagging harddd

Guessing those that interviewed october/early november will get their decisions before mid december

I think they said 4-6weeks which is interesting because many students received a phone call during their second week

I think they said 4-6weeks which is interesting because many students received a phone call during their second week
Exactly-they also said before thanksgiving so if anything I was expecting around then

I would assume they won’t get back until first week of December or maybe even second week. I say this because if you look at the trend, it seems as if the committee meets one day a month to make these calls. 10/10, 11/09, etc, which is the second week of the month

I also interviewed almost 4 weeks ago on 11/3 and I thought they had told us it was no later than 4 weeks we would hear back, but no word for me either.

I also interviewed almost 4 weeks ago on 11/3 and I thought they had told us it was no later than 4 weeks we would hear back, but no word for me either.
Right. I interviewed 10/31 and it’s super nerve wracking bc they told us we’d have an answer most likely before the holiday yet here we are with no update

Right. I interviewed 10/31 and it’s super nerve wracking bc they told us we’d have an answer most likely before the holiday yet here we are with no update
Yes its tough playing this waiting game!

Hopefully with the next announcements of decisions, they will have the late November interviews as well. I interviewed 11/21

This is so neurotic sorry guys but for people who received the call already, do they tend to call at a certain time, like morning, evening?

This is so neurotic sorry guys but for people who received the call already, do they tend to call at a certain time, like morning, evening?
Totally get it. I was called at like 1PM PST so 3pm CST

Got the A last month but will be withdrawing it. Good luck to everyone! Hopefully my spot goes to one of you all!

Good things come to those who wait. “If the path to what you want seems too easy, then you’re on the wrong path”

Happy Friday everyone!

I will be withdrawing my A in the next week when I make my final decisions. Good luck to everyone who's applying! Hopefully this opens up a spot for one of y'all

We’ve gotta hear something this week lol I’m surprised that previous dates had an answer in a couple of weeks but the last batch has been waiting over a month!

Reactions: 2 users
We’ve gotta hear something this week lol I’m surprised that previous dates had an answer in a couple of weeks but the last batch has been waiting over a month!
I wonder if they are waiting for the Dec. 14/15th to see who secures seats for the upcoming year? And then giving offers in accordance with what their numbers are looking like

I wonder if they are waiting for the Dec. 14/15th to see who secures seats for the upcoming year? And then giving offers in accordance with what their numbers are looking like
I really hope not 😅😅

I thought the same thing @NonTradTerry @marie909 that way they can offer more acceptances. I saw on last years thread the first round of interviews waited roughly 6 weeks to hear back and then every other group was 2-4 weeks to hear back.

09/21 to 10/31 was the wait for last year interview results for one group
True. I think their “before thanksgiving” is what’s tripping me up cause I assumed we’d hear back within a few days from thanksgiving

I just feel like the longer we wait.. the more overwhelming it gets. Hopefully we get an update this week

The waiting period is definitely amping up my anxiety I feel like I can’t go anywhere without my phone lol