2023-2024 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Great, thanks! If any 1st or 2nd years want to share I would appreciate that too
I will say the attendance policy stated before is correct however it’s not very strict after the first week. Unless you are doing really poorly, the school lets you do you and there is a lot of flexibility with schedules. Virtual pod is always an option as well if that works for your group.

Does the letter grade system cause extra stress for the students here? What is the average letter grade in general?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the third-year students, how do you feel about the quality of your clinical rotations? Asked this already but would be interested in an update now that more time has passed.
I have really enjoyed all my rotations so far! All my preceptors have been super helpful and good teachers. I feel like I’m getting good exposure to a variety of patients and conditions. Admittedly, it was a little rough in the beginning, but the quality of rotations have gotten better and better.
I’m scared of these loans
Anyone got words of wisdom?
Loans are a necessary evil for some 😅 myself included. As things fluctuate in the economy, the interest rates fluctuate as well. I haven’t applied for my last year of loans yet so can’t really tell you what this years interest rate looks like. Comparing to the federal interest rate on studentaid.gov it’s about 7.05% for federal graduate loans. I would say private loans are very similar right now. Of course, everyone’s situation is different and gets a different rate.

Does the letter grade system cause extra stress for the students here? What is the average letter grade in general?
Personally, no. Other current students, feel free to chime in with your opinion! There has to be something that differentiates applicants for residency. I could go down a rant about that another time if you want lol. While there are letter grades, the class rank is only “published“ for people in the top quartile. If you are in the 2-4th quartile, that’s all residency programs will see. I think this takes stress off of students while still showing academic accomplishment. I honestly couldn’t tell you what the average letter grade is… passing? So like 70ish%? Haha I have no idea.

Reactions: 1 users
current M1, it's a surface pro
Do students get to keep the laptop after they graduate since they’re paying 2k every year for digital resources which is supposed to cover “tablet, library, resources”?

no movement still for peeps who were interviewed on 1/19 and who have been waitlisted 🥶

Reactions: 1 user
@OptimusPrimex3 I believe waitlist is going to be opening march and some schools not till april 30th, the reason being is that right now deposits are within 2 weeks and after april 30th it would be an immediate same day deposit(pretty sure half of the people on waitlists have other options too). Also moreover after May 1st, there are going to be a large list of people withdrawing due to holding onto multiple acceptances or may get accepted elsewhere and may withdraw their current seat. I do believe if you are on the waitlist you will more than likely get a chance to accept or decline your seat either here or any other school.

Reactions: 3 users
@OptimusPrimex3 I believe waitlist is going to be opening march and some schools not till april 30th, the reason being is that right now deposits are within 2 weeks and after april 30th it would be an immediate same day deposit(pretty sure half of the people on waitlists have other options too). Also moreover after May 1st, there are going to be a large list of people withdrawing due to holding onto multiple acceptances or may get accepted elsewhere and may withdraw their current seat. I do believe if you are on the waitlist you will more than likely get a chance to accept or decline your seat either here or any other school.
tysm for your reply😌

Do students get to keep the laptop after they graduate since they’re paying 2k every year for digital resources which is supposed to cover “tablet, library, resources”?
Yes you keep it. It’s yours forever

• Haha
Personally, no. Other current students, feel free to chime in with your opinion! There has to be something that differentiates applicants for residency. I could go down a rant about that another time if you want lol. While there are letter grades, the class rank is only “published“ for people in the top quartile. If you are in the 2-4th quartile, that’s all residency programs will see. I think this takes stress off of students while still showing academic accomplishment. I honestly couldn’t tell you what the average letter grade is… passing? So like 70ish%? Haha I have no idea.
I agree with you! I don’t think it causes unnecessary stress. If you study, it’s not hard to pass. If you work a little harder, you can get As and be in the top quartile which, in general, doesn’t mean too much for residency especially preclinical years. But it is something!

Members don't see this ad :)
Current OMS-I. Feel free to DM with any questions. Best of luck to all of you!

Withdrew my A; a tough call, as there was a lot that I loved about this program. I hope my seat goes to one of you folks :)

Reactions: 5 users
is anyones portal not working? it just takes me to the schools website.

My portal still works. Says WL information in a top tab
I just interviewed last week so im still waiting on decisions. Does the portal usually stop working while they are working on decisions?

I just interviewed last week so im still waiting on decisions. Does the portal usually stop working while they are working on decisions?

That wasn’t my experience. You‘ll get an email or text after a decision is rendered though, so no need to keep checking the portal. If the portal is down after you get that notification, or worse you see others on SDN getting decisions from your interview day when you haven’t heard anything, then just shoot them an email and I‘m sure they‘ll get it sorted pretty quick.

Does anyone know if Noorda is doing an APS "accepted pending seat" list this year?

To those who got accepted, did anyone else get a call from Dr. Wright (President of Noorda)? I was a bit shocked to see a voicemail from him and also touched to see that he’s reaching out to get to know a little bit more of the incoming students.

Reactions: 2 users
To those who got accepted, did anyone else get a call from Dr. Wright (President of Noorda)? I was a bit shocked to see a voicemail from him and also touched to see that he’s reaching out to get to know a little bit more of the incoming students.
I got an email and a text and from what I’ve seen that’s what everyone else has gotten too. Congrats on the phone call though! That’s super fun!

Does anyone know if Noorda is still sending out IIs or how far out they are conducting interviews?

Does anyone know if Noorda is still sending out IIs or how far out they are conducting interviews?
I think they might be since they still have spots left for their in-person IVs on 3/25 and virtual interviews on 3/20. They don't have any more dates after that.

Declined my A. Hopefully, it goes to one of you amazing people!

Is march the last date for interviews? And I guess safe to assume if you don't hear back soon then it's a no for their schl?

Not sure If they're still sending them out but hopefully waiting.

Is march the last date for interviews? And I guess safe to assume if you don't hear back soon then it's a no for their schl?

Not sure If they're still sending them out but hopefully waiting.

I just emailed the admissions team regarding this and they informed me that interview invites will continue to be sent out in April bc their secondary deadline is April 1.

I just emailed the admissions team regarding this and they informed me that interview invites will continue to be sent out in April bc their secondary deadline is April 1.
Hello! Just wanted to confirm this for you. You are exactly right, since our secondary application deadline is April 1, we currently have planned to host one virtual interview day in April.

Just withdrew my A. Kinda bummed, I really like the program and everyone there gave me great vibes. I hope the seat goes to one of you fine people on the waitlist!

Reactions: 4 users
Just withdrew my A. Kinda bummed, I really like the program and everyone there gave me great vibes. I hope the seat goes to one of you fine people on the waitlist!
hopefully to me 🥹🥹. & good luck where ever you decided to go.🙏

Hey y’all! Have there been any updates to the waitlist? Has anyone gotten the A yet? :)

I was expecting tuition to be around $53k/year based on Noorda‘s website, but to any other accepted students, is tuition really $64k/year instead? Or am I misunderstanding it

I was expecting tuition to be around $53k/year based on Noorda‘s website, but to any other accepted students, is tuition really $64k/year instead? Or am I misunderstanding it
I think it’s based on year of matriculation. So if you enter this years class, the tuition will be $67,803

Any 3rd year students able to tell me how many Noorda research activities (publications, abstracts, presentations) you’ll have by the time you apply for residency?

It’s based on matriculation year. If you click on COM 2028 on Noorda’s website under tuition it shows $64,572

Any 3rd year students able to tell me how many Noorda research activities (publications, abstracts, presentations) you’ll have by the time you apply for residency?
How often do students have to wear professional attire?
I answered the research question a few months back but happy to summarize again for you here. I would say the average 3rd year student has about 6-7 research experiences currently. As far as the number of publications, that's a little more varied. Currently, I have one and another that is submitted. I also have 3-4 more projects I'm hoping will be published by the time I graduate. My personal research experiences is projected to be around 10-13ish.

If you catch me in anything but sweats and loungewear.... be concerned lol. But yeah the other person answered correctly. Even for OSCEs and standardized patients, I mostly wear scrubs.

Reactions: 3 users