2023-2024 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how selective is their screening process for the secondary? is it just a gpa/mcat screen or they actually look for mission fit?

Members don't see this ad.

how selective is their screening process for the secondary? is it just a gpa/mcat screen or they actually look for mission fit?
I thought it was stats based and/or regional fit? Mainly because I got the secondary the day my app got verified. I am OOS but in the northeast and at their LM as well but not sure if any current students know?

I thought it was stats based and/or regional fit? Mainly because I got the secondary the day my app got verified. I am OOS but in the northeast and at their LM as well but not sure if any current students know?
Not regional fit. EVMS accepts students from all over the map. I personally know students there from Texas, Utah, California, Illinois, etc. It's mostly gpa/MCAT screen, but they also screen for clinical & community service hours.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Add [email protected] to your contact list/address book if you're waiting on an II. My II went to junk mail and they only give you 3 business days to respond. Got an e-mail saying my app was withdrawn from the pool due to no response.

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone know how they feel about post-interview thank you notes? Should it be one letter for both interviewers or the committee in general?

Add [email protected] to your contact list/address book if you're waiting on an II. My II went to junk mail and they only give you 3 business days to respond. Got an e-mail saying my app was withdrawn from the pool due to no response.
I hope they are able to resolve this for you. Thank you for the heads up

Reactions: 1 user
hmmm I randomly decided to apply to this school after I saw a tiktok of someone getting accepted and did some research and ended up liking the school. Added it to amcas and got secondary request late September, is it worth applying? I decided not to after becase im from west coast and mainly applying there but seeing some post saying if you got a secondary to apply. just prettyyyyy late
When did you add it to AMCAS? I added it maybe a week ago but not sure how long they take to screen & give a secondary

2 days until the general pool should start getting decisions according to their website for anyone who's already interviewed.

Applicants applying through the Early Decision Program (EDP) are notified as soon as possible but no later than Oct. 1. General pool applicants are notified on a rolling basis beginning Oct. 15.

When did you add it to AMCAS? I added it maybe a week ago but not sure how long they take to screen & give a secondary
I added it to amcas sep 6 and got secondary request sep 12

Last edited:
I added it to am as sep 6 and got secondary request sep 12
I haven't done it before, but how long should we wait it out before possibly asking them? Not sure if we should be asking them to begin with

Members don't see this ad :)
Just saw that the deadline for their secondary is Nov 1. If we haven't already received a secondary, would it help at all to contact Admissions abt it?

OOS A just a few minutes ago! It's a little unreal

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
CONGRATULATIONS! Perfect to hear back on a Friday too!

Small question, but was it via email or phone?
Thanks! I got 2 separate emails, one inviting me to take the next step with my application and another with the actual interview decision.

Just got my OOS A today! Submitted secondary Sept 03, Interview on the 21st.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
OOS A yesterday!!! Interview was on Sept 13th.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Is it safe to assume if we didn't hear anything friday that we were waitlisted? (Interviewed 9/20)

Is it safe to assume if we didn't hear anything friday that we were waitlisted? (Interviewed 9/20)
No. Remember, this school takes people off the waitlist throughout the cycle, not only in April, May, and June

I also wouldn't jump the gun until you actually hear back from the school. Never know what is going on behind the scenes after an interview.

when did you guys get the link for your interview? They scheduled mine over the phone (since apparently someone dropped out) for this Friday, but I haven't received any emails yet.

when did you guys get the link for your interview? They scheduled mine over the phone (since apparently someone dropped out) for this Friday, but I haven't received any emails yet.
Link for the actual interview comes 1 day before. If you have not received the "Reminder of Interview and Zoom Conference" email yet, I would definitely call/email them tomorrow and ask for that, as it has the Zoom Conference link held on Wednesdays.

Link for the actual interview comes 1 day before. If you have not received the "Reminder of Interview and Zoom Conference" email yet, I would definitely call/email them tomorrow and ask for that, as it has the Zoom Conference link held on Wednesdays.

Is it okay if I attend the Zoom Conference a week or two after, or is it recommended to attend the one before your actual interview? I have an event this Wednesday, and I really don't want to miss it.. Also, did they say how long after an interview we can expect a decision?

Is it okay if I attend the Zoom Conference a week or two after, or is it recommended to attend the one before your actual interview? I have an event this Wednesday, and I really don't want to miss it.. Also, did they say how long after an interview we can expect a decision?
I was worried the same thing, but the interview questions can easily be answered without attending the conference before the session

Do we think they'll release more decisions this Friday? Interviewed 9/27 and still haven't heard back

Do we think they'll release more decisions this Friday? Interviewed 9/27 and still haven't heard back
I sure hope so. iirc they said there would be a 3-4 week turnaround time during the info session. I interviewed on 9/29 and hit the 4 week mark tomorrow :rolleyes:

I sure hope so. iirc they said there would be a 3-4 week turnaround time during the info session. I interviewed on 9/29 and hit the 4 week mark tomorrow :rolleyes:
Hoping the same. Interviewed 10/6.
Sorry if this post is obsessive, but I went ahead and looked at some of past years trends in Acceptances/Waitlist to hopefully inform y'all (and myself) on when to expect to hear back.

Note: EVMS tends to send out A's in one day, then WL soon after. There is heavy WL movement, usually starting in December, especially among top tiers.

2022-2023 Year
2 A's from Sept. interview reported Nov. 1
4 WL from Sept. interview reported Nov. 4 (2/4 eventually received A)
5 WL from Sept. and Oct. interview reported Nov. 16 (no reported A)
8 WL from Oct. and Nov. interview reported Nov. 30 (6/8 eventually received A)

2021-2022 Year
6 A's from Sept. interview reported Oct. 29
5 WL from Sept. interview reported Nov. 1 (1/5 eventually received A)
2 A's from Sept. and Oct. interview reported Nov. 12
6 WL from Sept. and Oct. interview reported Nov. 16

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Does EVMS do silent Rs? Complete early August and no comm re: II or rejection…anyone else?

Does EVMS do silent Rs? Complete early August and no comm re: II or rejection…anyone else?
From scouring the prior years threads, they only seem to send out Pre-secondary R's, but nothing for pre-II. However, I wouldn't lose hope yet, as I have seen a handful of II from August applicants reaching into January.

• Care
For those who have interviewed already, what time were the admissions information sessions/events on the Wednesday of interview week?

Just called admissions and they said we should expect decisions from 4-6 weeks post-interview, but even that can be flexible depending on how early/late in the month you interview.

Reactions: 2 users