2023-2024 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else still waiting for a secondary?
Yeah, I haven't received mine. I was verified at the end of June.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it ok if I write my immigration story for 6 and xenophobia during covid19 for 7?

Anyone else only receive one email with a secondary invite but not the other three with the application portal link etc

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone having difficulties with submission? I keep getting an error.
for my LoR i'm using a committee letter so I just checked that button and left the boxes to write out individual letter writer names empty, but it wouldn't let me submit. after I went back and just put n/a in those boxes it let me submit so try that. also fill out the in-state app part even if ur not in state

for my LoR i'm using a committee letter so I just checked that button and left the boxes to write out individual letter writer names empty, but it wouldn't let me submit. after I went back and just put n/a in those boxes it let me submit so try that. also fill out the in-state app part even if ur not in state

Yup I ended up doing this and it worked. Thank you!

Anyone else only receive one email with a secondary invite but not the other three with the application portal link etc
just sent them an email asking about this

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone still waiting on a secondary? IS

Received email and got a pre secondary R here.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
If we didn’t receive a secondary yet does that mean a R?

• Dislike
Members don't see this ad :)
For the diversity question, I want to use what I wrote for my other secondaries, but I'm not sure if it fits. I wrote about having a parent who suffers from mental illness and how it impacted me, Given that my parents are immigrants, I also tied in a couple sentences about the cultural nuances about mental illness and mental health advocacy.

I don't really have any meaningful experiences that don't sound cliché with my culture, religion, etc.

im getting one too. and i have filled everything out.
Sometimes if the page has been open for too long it freezes and prevent submission. Just copy your answers and stuff into a word doc, and refresh then paste and you should be able to submit

Any OOS without secondary yet? I submitted my primary before the AMCAS transmission date but still have not received one..

Reactions: 2 users
received my first ⭒ rejection ⭒ from here this morning!

good luck with the app cycle ya'll ☮︎

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
received my first ⭒ rejection ⭒ from here this morning!

good luck with the app cycle ya'll ☮︎
It’s rough out here. Did you receive a secondary or was this pre secondary? Also stats if you don’t mind me asking?

Sometimes if the page has been open for too long it freezes and prevent submission. Just copy your answers and stuff into a word doc, and refresh then paste and you should be able to submit
I appreciate it! I ended up figuring it out yesterday, and you’re right. I ended up just needing to exit out of the whole thing and go back in. Just was getting frustrated because they don’t let you save your work so I had to put everything in over and over.

It’s rough out here. Did you receive a secondary or was this pre secondary? Also stats if you don’t mind me asking?
Secondary received: 7/28
Secondary submitted: 7/29
R: 8/5

A very quick turnaround there but it's okay!

My GPA is pretty good, MCAT is on the lower end (below their average)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I just got an application received email: "We have received your secondary application. If you are invited for a virtual interview, you will be sent an invitation by email. Interviews are conducted from September until the end of March".

I just got an application received email: "We have received your secondary application. If you are invited for a virtual interview, you will be sent an invitation by email. Interviews are conducted from September until the end of March".
Congrats!!

• Dislike
Pre secondary rejection, was told my MCAT was expired (I took it January 2021)

• Care
Anyone verified from June still waiting besides me?

Pre-Secondary Rejection. 3.7 GPA 511 MCAT about 250 clinical hours so maybe I was a little low there, idk

• Care
Has anyone gotten an email from this school about considering to apply here and discussing their student profile for admission?

OOS got the pre-secondary R earlier today. Good luck everyone!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
I'm sorry to hear that. When did you submit your secondary?
I didn't! Haha, they never sent it, hence the "pre-secondary R." My primary was verified around the end of June, though.

My pre secondary rejection had that I should maybe pursue a Master's if I don't get into medical school this year- is this because of my GPA?

My pre secondary rejection had that I should maybe pursue a Master's if I don't get into medical school this year- is this because of my GPA?
It is possible, however I think you would be better suited to get more clinical/research/volunteer hours if your GPA is already above 3.5 and you have a solid MCAT. Masters to me is more for establishing academic potential to make it through medical school.

It is possible, however I think you would be better suited to get more clinical/research/volunteer hours if your GPA is already above 3.5 and you have a solid MCAT. Masters to me is more for establishing academic potential to make it through medical school.
Yeah- my cGPA is at a 3.5 and sGPA is 3.25 (will probably be little above 3.3 after finishing post-bacc this year), so I think it is about the low clinical hours that EVMS seems to care about, especially for OOS. Thanks!

Do they mention the reason for the pre-secondary rejection in the email they send informing you of the rejection?

I think the one that I got said supplemental received and it said that they will notify me if I am selected for an interview. Is this the same one that other people got?