2023-2024 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh gotcha, was that after receiving a supplemental received email? If so, how long did that take?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS secondary received 8/21 - honestly thought I had been screened out

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
For the letter writers part of the secondary, are we supposed to put the name, title and college in the small optional box right below and only the names in the boxes labelled letter writer one, letter writer two. I am a bit confused and would appreciate some guidance on this

I left the small optional box blank and put the name, title, and college in the boxes labeled with the letter writer numbers. In the instructions it says to put the name and details of the letter writers in the bigger boxes, so that's what I did. It's been three weeks since submitting my secondary and unless EVMS reaches out, letting me know that there is a deficiency in the application, I'm assuming the way I did it is fine.

Last edited:
Verified and sent in late July and still waiting on a secondary.. am I out of luck here? Lol

Anyone unable to submit their secondary? The submission button remains grey/unclickable despite all required questions being filled out

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone unable to submit their secondary? The submission button remains grey/unclickable despite all required questions being filled out
Yea you need to fill in answers for all the questions even the ones it says aren't necessary. If it doesn’t apply just write N/A

Reactions: 1 user
I also had to write something in for the LOR names even though they said it wasn't necessary for me since I have a committee/cover letter.

With these LiaisonCAS applications you really have to play the game of 1) how not to lose all my information because they don't allow you to save it, and 2) in which remaining fields do I need to input something for the submit button to open up.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received II?
Not that I've seen. No one has added in Cycletrack yet either. At the bottom I still have "You will be notified when your application requirements are reviewed and verified as complete" and I submitted my secondary in early August. Should I contact them?

Direct adcoms information:

“Interviews will start being conducted following the Labor Day Holiday”

Should hear about II in the next week or two

Is it worth to submit this secondary after 30 days? I reread the email saying that it should be submitted within 30 days, but it wasn’t clear if it was suggested or a hard deadline.

Is it worth to submit this secondary after 30 days? I reread the email saying that it should be submitted within 30 days, but it wasn’t clear if it was suggested or a hard deadline.
Just submit. Or email admissions and ask. I'm sure they will let you!

Does Eastern Virginia have a minimum MCAT for secondary screening?

i still haven't gotten a secondary. does it take a while to get?
When did you submit your primary? Sometimes it takes them a few weeks but I would wait at least 3 weeks-1 month before emailing them. Maybe you can try looking through last year's thread for a better idea, it does not seem that their website or MSAR mention any timeline. My primary was verified on 7/18 and I received their secondary on 7/31 if that helps.

Did y’all get a confirmation after completing the secondary? How long did it take to receive if you did?

OOS II recieved today, application complete email sent on 8/14.

is the 'supplemental received' email the same as a 'complete' email? Or are they two different emails?

Stats? Really interested in this school
513 MCAT, 3.65 cgpa and ~3.8 sgpa with an upward trend. Lots of clinical experience working as a medical scribe for the past year or so with no research experience and little volunteer experience.

Reactions: 1 users
How does the interview day work here? Is it just one interview at the time I confirmed?

How does the interview day work here? Is it just one interview at the time I confirmed?
Based on what I read, it's a 30 minute zoom meeting at the time that you confirmed. Whether it's a one-on-one or a panel interview is still a bit unclear to me. They also have a zoom session on the Wednesday of your interview week that seems to basically be an information session regarding financial aid and other details.

Can confirm, the interview is with a committee member of the admissions board, and at most 2 other individuals (they say a professor and a student but I had 2 students). They asked 5 standardized questions before switching to more personal questions that could be related to your application before reserving the last 10 minutes or so to answer any questions you have. They were all nice people and the environment was friendly, but I was way too nervous so it didn't help much. 💀

Reactions: 4 users
If I submitted my secondary in early August but haven't gotten a complete email, should I send an email?

Can confirm, the interview is with a committee member of the admissions board, and at most 2 other individuals (they say a professor and a student but I had 2 students). They asked 5 standardized questions before switching to more personal questions that could be related to your application before reserving the last 10 minutes or so to answer any questions you have. They were all nice people and the environment was friendly, but I was way too nervous so it didn't help much. 💀
Can confirm but unfortunately I was the interview for the last day so they quickly kicked me out after my thank you💀. Guess that is what Thank You notes are for.

when do we get our link for the interview? does anyone know?
They told me they would send it a week before the actual interview but it was really like 4-5 days before, they sent it as a separate email from their information session zoom link email.

How long did it take for you guys to be complete after submitting? OOS but I am from NY so close to the school. 3.97/511

Does anyone know how strict they are when they say that "application materials should be submitted within 30 days for a timely review"?

Does anyone know how strict they are when they say that "application materials should be submitted within 30 days for a timely review"?
Not a hard cut off, but it matters in the realm of showing enthusiasm for the school.

Last edited: