2023-2024 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the A!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Idk if this is true but the dean told us at the interview that the school fills all of their seats by mid-November. So I would try to interview as soon as possible, but they told us there is a lot of waitlist movement in December and March so I don't stress too much about it.
I wonder how many people make it off the waitlist.

I don’t recall. I heard “we are offering you a seat” and went crazy.
lol who called you. i had dr jimenez call me and she was like "how are you today" and I fully said "I'm ok but I feel like you're about to make my day a lot better" I was fully at work and I'm pretty sure everyone heard me celebrating

I wonder how many people make it off the waitlist.
when i was at my interview, they said it really depends on how many people accept their seats and commit to ARCOM. they said that last year they only had to pull a few off the waitlist but each cycle is different!

Reactions: 1 user
My phone was off so I missed the call, Just got the acceptance email. I am going to be a doctor !! first acceptance ever !!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Where does ARCOM rank for yall compared to other schools? It’s pretty high up after my interview with them!

+1, though I got a pre-II hold email a few weeks ago.

What did the pre-II hold email say? Was this the same email that was sent around 9/21? Something about not being selected to continue in the application process but "it is not a denial" and "we will continue to review your app materials"?

What did the pre-II hold email say? Was this the same email that was sent around 9/21? Something about not being selected to continue in the application process but "it is not a denial" and "we will continue to review your app materials"?
Yup. There were two of them. According to their admissions director though, you can still get picked up for a II.

yes. i got both emails actually.

interviewed here in person and got home and realized i lost my pen they gave us 😥 sad ab it lol

Is there an accepted ARCOM group chat anywhere? Highly considering this school after getting the A. Beautiful campus and atmosphere.

IMG_5668.PNG

Congrats everyone! Here is current the accepted students chat - GroupMe

For anyone who already interviewed, does your portal still show "83% complete" with the interview still unchecked?

For anyone who already interviewed, does your portal still show "83% complete" with the interview still unchecked?
yes it will stay like that untill a week after your acceptance and turn into a Matriculation checklist

Hey for those that interview there, was the tour given after your interview? And approx what time did you guys end your interview day there? I was trying to plan my flights. Thank you

Hey for those that interview there, was the tour given after your interview? And approx what time did you guys end your interview day there? I was trying to plan my flights. Thank you

Interview day ends at 2:30. Optional housing tour afterwards for about 45 minutes.

Did anyone with a virtual interview tomorrow get the schedule and zoom link email yet?

This is an appeal to applicants who have taken Casper for admission (please confirm).

Complete the 2023 Situational Judgment Test Experience survey.

HPSA/SDN has the 2023 SJT Experience Survey available to anyone preparing for SJTs (especially Casper and PREview). If you completed the 2022 survey, you are welcome to go ahead and complete the survey again. This survey consists of multiple pages and will take up to 10 minutes. You can also place yourself on a waitlist for a study focusing more on school-run SJTs run through platforms like Kira Talent, to be released later in the year.

Your feedback matters!
We learned a lot about how applicants prepared for Casper and PREview last year, but the number of PREview schools has almost doubled this cycle! Over 20% of all AMCAS applicants will likely have taken PREview, and up to 90% of all medical school applicants will likely have taken Casper this cycle (according to Acuity Insights). This does not include applicants in non-medical professions who have had to take these assessments for admission to physician assistant, anesthesiology assistant, dental, veterinary, pharmacy, or physical therapy programs, where we see a trend that applicants with higher Casper results are preferred. Medical residency applicants are also being asked to complete Acuity Insights Assessments, and very little is known about how program directors use these data. Your responses are vital to get objective insights on how admissions committees value the results of these exams.

Your feedback matters!
We want to hear from as many people as possible, especially those attending or applying outside of medicine (MD/DO). This year saw an expansion of SJTs in admissions, and more information has been made available on preparing for these assessments. We want to stay current with these trends to guide future applicants and students facing these SJTs.

Many of our findings from the 2022 survey align with the NAAHP Testing Task Force report released last summer. This includes concerns about proctoring, consistency of scoring, and concern that applicants are paying for validity research. But we need more student voices to gain a louder voice to advocate for future health professional school applicants.

Your feedback has helped HPSA develop a workshop focused on preparing for SJTs like Casper and PREview. This workshop is part of our Becoming a Student Doctor preparation course, and we have already had some positive results among those who have participated in our mock interview workshops. An updated workshop will be presented at the UC Davis Prehealth Conference on October 14, and we welcome opportunities to present the full-length SJT workshop to your campus!

Fill out this survey and help future applicants become physicians in their chosen profession!

II on 11/6/23, complete 11/5/23.

Pushed my interview out so I could save funds to travel.