2023-2024 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone know when 4/9 interview group will hear back? are they waiting for the 5/1 deadline to pass?

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Does anybody know if the interview was close file or open file?

2. Can you apply this school with federal loans? Or you have to go through private loan?

3. For those who got off of waitlist, how many days do school give you to either take the acceptance and pay the deposit or withdrawal the acceptance?

4. If you did get accepted or waitlisted, Does it tell you which campus you will be going if gotten an acceptance? ( I picked florida campus as preference)

5. Any cons about this school other than high tuition??

I got an interview invite yesterday, and I am happy and shocked for getting this late.

Reactions: 1 user
1. Does anybody know if the interview was close file or open file?

2. Can you apply this school with federal loans? Or you have to go through private loan?

3. For those who got off of waitlist, how many days do school give you to either take the acceptance and pay the deposit or withdrawal the acceptance?

4. If you did get accepted or waitlisted, Does it tell you which campus you will be going if gotten an acceptance? ( I picked florida campus as preference)

5. Any cons about this school other than high tuition??

I got an interview invite yesterday, and I am happy and shocked for getting this late.

1) It’s closed file!
2) For the NM campus you can go through federal loans. For the FL campus it’s private loan bc it’s a new campus.
3) still on the waitlist so can’t answer
4) They don’t tell you the campus until you’re accepted.
5) Not sure Maybe a current student can give some insight.

1) It’s closed file!
2) For the NM campus you can go through federal loans. For the FL campus it’s private loan bc it’s a new campus.
3) still on the waitlist so can’t answer
4) They don’t tell you the campus until you’re accepted.
5) Not sure Maybe a current student can give some insight.
3) A off the WL given 2 weeks to pay deposit, however keep this in mind:
  • Those offered between January 15 and April 30 will have 14 days to accept the offer and submit the seat deposit.
  • Those offered on or after May 1 may be asked for an immediate seat deposit.

OOS A to FL also!!! Interviewed 4/9. OVER THE MOON!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats!! Did you both select FL as your preference just curious?
Thanks! Initially I had FL as my preference but SDN scared me- I was under the impression they only had WL seats, bc everyone here was getting into NM campus. So I ended up changing it to no preference, but they still placed me at FL so im super stoked! Way closer to home :)

Got the A to the FL campus at the same time as my fellow future doctors here. Super stoked aH. Was also expecting a waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I put no preference down in my secondary app but now I have a preference for the NM campus. Is it worth sending calling/emailing admissions to let them know that I do have a preference, especially before they send out my decision? I interviewed on 4/15 so may hear back soon

So I put no preference down in my secondary app but now I have a preference for the NM campus. Is it worth sending calling/emailing admissions to let them know that I do have a preference, especially before they send out my decision? I interviewed on 4/15 so may hear back soon
Nice, do you remember how many candidates also interviewed with you on 4/15?

Are there any 4th medical students here that I can connect with? I would really appreciate it! :)

Is there anyone with interview dates coming up this week and/or next week?

Yes, please email the Admissions office of any preference change.

withdrawing my A today, NM campus, hope it goes to one of you!

Interviewed 04/15 and got the same email too. Does anyone know when we'd be likely to hear back?

Based on what others have said and past threads, it seems like the most likely case is that they’re waiting to hit that May 1st deadline which I guess is when people with multiple A’s have to make their final decision on if they’re coming to BCOM or not. This would open up some seats for ppl declining their A here. If that’s why there’s a delay, then I’d assume decisions would be sent Wednesday or shortly after.

For those that submitted a Letter of Interest, did you upload it to the portal or email the letter to BCOM Admissions directly?

Are interviews still going on? That too for the FL campus? I have submitted my application back in early Nov and haven't heard anything yet.

Congrats to all! Are these acceptances from the WL or just post interview?