2023-2024 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How many weeks out is your interview scheduled? I think I'm gonna receive an II tomorrow but I have a family vacation planned this upcoming week. Do you guys think it'll be at least two weeks out from the date of the interview invite?

Members don't see this ad.

How many weeks out is your interview scheduled? I think I'm gonna receive an II tomorrow but I have a family vacation planned this upcoming week. Do you guys think it'll be at least two weeks out from the date of the interview invite?
there are options , i Had several options until the end of the month but mine is 17 of october

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys just turned in my secondary earlier this week. I was just wondering if these interviews only in person or virtual too?

How long were you “deferred“?
I honestly got that email in December and thought it was a denial. So I didn't even consider that I could get in until April when I got a random secondary in my inbox... And yes secondary pretty much always means an interview here, so if you receive a secondary, DO IT.

Reactions: 2 users
Do they tend to give out all acceptances on the same day? I interviewed on the 22nd as well and I am curious when I could hear back.
Turn around time is usually 2 weeks. My decision took 3.5ish weeks... usually, the admissions committee meets every other Friday to make decisions.

I honestly got that email in December and thought it was a denial. So I didn't even consider that I could get in until April when I got a random secondary in my inbox... And yes secondary pretty much always means an interview here, so if you receive a secondary, DO IT.
Thank you for your response. How many people would you say get this email and then get an II?

Members don't see this ad :)
Firstly, my sympathies.

Secondly, was it this letter? I received this during my last cycle:

"Thank you for your application to Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM). We have reviewed your application materials, and at this time you have not been selected to receive a Secondary Application invitation."

No, I got the other letter that they said was just an update email. I failed to read the previous posts which would have immediately answered my questions. The email I got was the one that the current student said they had... Guess I have to continue the waiting game.

I got an OOS II today too :). Any more info around interviews.. and how were they?

ACCEPTED! OOS...I loved the interview, in person, 9/26, and the tour, it's a great school.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello! I'm a current student. I constantly come on to procrastinate, so feel free to pm me any questions you have.

Reactions: 1 user
I was rejected after interview with concerns regarding academic rigour. Not sure where to go from here. Good luck to the rest of the group.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I was rejected after interview with concerns regarding academic rigour. Not sure where to go from here. Good luck to the rest of the group.
I am sorry to hear that. I thought if they called for an interview, they would A for sure. I was rejected pre-secondary as my stats are low.

Were they concerned over your classes or your GPA / MCAT?

That being said, you have my sympathies.

I am sorry to hear that. I thought if they called for an interview, they would A for sure. I was rejected pre-secondary as my stats are low.
Wait…was it the hold e-mails or a firm R?

Honestly, I think this process is so unique and each application is viewed differently that any stat or information I give would not be applicable to anyone else.

Reactions: 3 users
post ii waitlist. anyone know about wl trends here and how i can hopefully get off of it

Anyone who was accepted here didnt feel too positive about their interview. Mine went well but i am not sure if I answered to the best of my ability since I was nervous as hell

600 interviews 161 seats

It’s not as simple as 161/600. If you had an interview invite prior to December, I think your chances of gaining an acceptance would be a bit higher than if it were after December. They have to fill the remaining seats after December 14th.

It’s not as simple as 161/600. If you had an interview invite prior to December, I think your chances of gaining an acceptance would be a bit higher than if it were after December. They have to fill the remaining seats after December 14th.

Wait…why is that date special?

Is arcoms deposit binding? Or holds your seat but you’re not fully commited?
i dont think any deposit is binding but u dont get a refund if u drop it for what i’ve heard

That doesn’t seem totally true, at least from records of other schools.

Yeah, I think it just depends on the school. T30 MD school? Yeah probably interviewing for a waitlist is a good rule of thumb. A sold DO school that would be nice to attend but not a top choice? They likely see lots of students withdraw their acceptance, so later interviews still have a good shot at acceptance.

Idk if this is true but the dean told us at the interview that the school fills all of their seats by mid-November. So I would try to interview as soon as possible, but they told us there is a lot of waitlist movement in December and March so I don't stress too much about it.

Idk if this is true but the dean told us at the interview that the school fills all of their seats by mid-November. So I would try to interview as soon as possible, but they told us there is a lot of waitlist movement in December and March so I don't stress too much about it.
Oh God. That is terrifying. That means they’re almost done with the cycle.

They could be finishing up interviews by then but there is no way all seats are filled by then, and there won’t be any change. I would figure that at least 1/2 the people that get acceptances here will end up turning them down. With the deadline not being until December 14 a lot of people will probably hold multiple until then.

Got my A today!! interviewed 10/13 (OOS TX resident)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users