2023-2024 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah it’s usually sent the same day or the day after. They’ve been kinda busy with recruitment so don’t worry if it takes a few days. It took about 3 days to get a II after submitting mine a few weeks ago

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
submitted OOS secondary today! hoping for II soon! honestly wasn't expecting a secondary but I cried at the gym when I got it! hope to see some of you at an interview or in classes!!!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
submitted OOS secondary today! hoping for II soon! honestly wasn't expecting a secondary but I cried at the gym when I got it! hope to see some of you at an interview or in classes!!!
when did you submit your primary

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a post interview R :(
Do you know if I can reach out for feedback?

Sorry to hear :( I’m a reapplicant and I did to schools last year that I interviewed at. Most will meet with you. You have no reason not to try and it’s defintely not something that will be looked down on. I know I’ve seen you at some of the other threads for schools in the area, so best of luck on those! Remember, it only takes one.

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry to hear :( I’m a reapplicant and I did to schools last year that I interviewed at. Most will meet with you. You have no reason not to try and it’s defintely not something that will be looked down on. I know I’ve seen you at some of the other threads for schools in the area, so best of luck on those! Remember, it only takes one.
I have 3 more interviews in the next couple of weeks.... So hopefully I can use this as a learning experience....

That was my first one of this cycle!

Goodluck! My first was super rough last year lol. One thing I’ve found that is helpful is to make a list of common questions, and then also write down points you want to hit if you get asked a question so you aren’t left wishing you had added something extra. Send me a message if you want and i can send you my list of questions. It’s covered at least 50% of what I’ve had if not more.

II received! Does anyone else have a 10/13 date? Also, does anyone have shoe recommendations for women?

II received! Does anyone else have a 10/13 date? Also, does anyone have shoe recommendations for women?

I wore flats, you’ll be walking around the building and up/down stairs. there is also an optional housing tour so heels may not be the best for that.

Did anyone get an email saying that ARCOM received their primary on 7/11 and still has not gotten an II?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get an email saying that that ARCOM received their primary on 7/11 and still has not gotten a secondary?
Receiving a secondary indicates you'll be getting an II. They go hand in hand. So it is a bit different from other schools who send out secondaries to select people and then choose some of those people for II

I wore flats, you’ll be walking around the building and up/down stairs. there is also an optional housing tour so heels may not be the best for that.
I second this. I wore heels which was a really bad mistake because you will be walking upstairs.

I have an interview coming up. Those who got interviews, can you give some advice and tips. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Did anyone get an email saying that they currently are not selected to proceed in the app process but are not denied and still are under review for updates etc? Kind of a conflicting email lol

• Care
I have an interview coming up. Those who got interviews, can you give some advice and tips. I would appreciate any help you can give me.
Honestly my favorite interview out of the 4 I’ve done. Very conversational and they just want to get to know you better. Enjoy it

Did anyone get an email saying that they currently are not selected to proceed in the app process but are not denied and still are under review for updates etc? Kind of a conflicting email lol
I saw some posts about this earlier on this thread. Some arcom students even commented on it and said that they received the same email and were admitted. When did you submit your primary out of curiosity?

Honestly my favorite interview out of the 4 I’ve done. Very conversational and they just want to get to know you better. Enjoy it
Hi Can I PM you. Just want to talk to you regarding this. Very nervous about it.

Firstly, my sympathies.

Secondly, was it this letter? I received this during my last cycle:

"Thank you for your application to Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM). We have reviewed your application materials, and at this time you have not been selected to receive a Secondary Application invitation."

Firstly, my sympathies.

Secondly, was it this letter? I received this during my last cycle:

"Thank you for your application to Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM). We have reviewed your application materials, and at this time you have not been selected to receive a Secondary Application invitation."
I just got this same email. Did anyone get this email and then it turned into an ii? If so, how long Did it take?

I am a current student who also got the "At this time, you have not been selected to proceed in the application process. Please know this is not a denial." email during my application cycle and later got a secondary and an acceptance. Just know that it doesn't mean no, they know that people like to hear something back and send that email. I got in, so I wouldn't stress about that email!
How long were you “deferred“?

UPDATE: I just got the dreaded letter

I just got this same email. Did anyone get this email and then it turned into an ii? If so, how long Did it take?

I’m sorry to poke, but was your letter the denial of a secondary…or the “Please know this is not a denial.” letter?

This one seems a bit different than the one I got in the past - this one being less finite than the other.

I got 2 separate emails last week. One telling me I wasn’t rejected basically and another telling me I haven’t been selected for an II yet but to provide updates because they’re still keeping me in the pool of applicants

are you guys receiving these letters pre-secondary or post-secondary? I heard you're almost guaranteed an interview after getting a secondary for this school.

I got 2 separate emails last week. One telling me I wasn’t rejected basically and another telling me I haven’t been selected for an II yet but to provide updates because they’re still keeping me in the pool of applicants

So there are two letters. Wonder what is the difference between the two?

hello! i am preparing for my interview (it's in 10 days) and I want to make sure I'm preparing for both the faculty member and community member - does anyone have any advice in how to prepare for the community member?

hello! i am preparing for my interview (it's in 10 days) and I want to make sure I'm preparing for both the faculty member and community member - does anyone have any advice in how to prepare for the community member?
My interview was very traditional. Just know the basics and you will do good!

So there are two letters. Wonder what is the difference between the two?
To add onto this message, I got the second letter - the one I got last cycle that resulted in a pre II R down the road.

Just make sure to use terms that the community member can understand. When discussing things like research or medical experience, the community member should understand enough to be able to engage in the conversation with you

Hey guys, I got the general. "At this time, you have not been selected to proceed in the application process. then in the spam was the "at this time you have not been selected to receive a Secondary Application invitation. We will continue to re-evaluate application materials for all applicants throughout the cycle, so please be sure to update your information should you have new MCAT scores, grade"

Is this basically an R. Should I email or just call it a day.

Hey guys, I got the general. "At this time, you have not been selected to proceed in the application process. then in the spam was the "at this time you have not been selected to receive a Secondary Application invitation. We will continue to re-evaluate application materials for all applicants throughout the cycle, so please be sure to update your information should you have new MCAT scores, grade"

Is this basically an R. Should I email or just call it a day.
I just got this email too.

*name*

Thank you for your application to Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM). We have reviewed your application materials, and at this time you have not been selected to receive a Secondary Application invitation. We will continue to re-evaluate application materials for all applicants throughout the cycle, so please be sure to update your information should you have new MCAT scores, grades, experiences, or achievements to add that might make your application more competitive. Check the AACOMAS site for additional information on Academic Update periods.

We look forward to receiving and reviewing any updated information you provide throughout the remainder of the cycle.

Sincerely,
ARCOM admissions team

Did everyone get these two emails? Check ur spams.

Last edited:
Going to be withdrawing my A, goodluck to everyone else applying here!

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted today, interviewed on 8/11 (they were waiting for updated transcripts). Will be withdrawing from the waitlist due to being accepted elsewhere. Good luck everyone!

Has anyone heard back after receiving the email “this is not a denial” basically waitlisted for the secondary? Wondering if it’s just them being nice or they’ll review my app again as the cycle comes to a close

Has anyone heard back after receiving the email “this is not a denial” basically waitlisted for the secondary? Wondering if it’s just them being nice or they’ll review my app again as the cycle comes to a close
Someone replied to my post earlier saying that they knew someone who got the A despite receiving this email

I got accepted!! Interviewed 9/22/2023

Reactions: 6 users
Do they tend to give out all acceptances on the same day? I interviewed on the 22nd as well and I am curious when I could hear back.
I’m not entirely sure. I received a phone call from them.