2023-2024 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you're in town you can call the school to do a tour anytime. It gives you a better idea of the school and staff outside of the interview experience! Feel free to message me if you have questions!

You’re invited….

For a Roadshow!

I got so excited for a second that it was a secondary. Please have mercy on my brain! Lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You’re invited….

For a Roadshow!

I got so excited for a second that it was a secondary. Please have mercy on my brain! Lmao
I was the same way too!

Frustrated Stephanie Beatriz GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
WL. A week turnaround from the interview if anyone was wondering.

Reactions: 1 user
For those that received a secondary, how long did it take after you submitted your primary?

For those that received a secondary, how long did it take after you submitted your primary?
My primary was received on 10/23 and I just received a secondary yesterday on 11/14.

i did not get a secondary, but I got a "please know this is not a denial" email about 2 months after submitting my primary.

Same here. According to the admissions director, this means that we could still get a secondary down the line.

A just now!! Interviewed 11/7!

My first acceptance!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
any current students able to tell me what they got from arcom (ie tech, stethoscope, etc) just bc it’s black friday and i want to get the deals lol

any current students able to tell me what they got from arcom (ie tech, stethoscope, etc) just bc it’s black friday and i want to get the deals lol
you get a stethescope and doctor bag with like otoscope, bp etc. No tech, so I highly recommend getting something to write notes with like touch screen laptop with pen or iPad etc. I'd invest a good noise cancelling headphones too!

Someone replied to my post earlier saying that they knew someone who got the A despite receiving this email
yes! when i spoke with the admissions team, I was told that this is your option to really sell yourself to this school. You can email and ask why this might be im not sure if theyll tell you. For me personally, I knew even before applying my c- in orgo ii would be a problem (i recieved the same not a denial letter in sept). I have been retaking this class and updated my application and got an invite now to complete the secondary

• Love
Withdrew my A, hope it goes to you. Good luck to everybody on your applications, and have a nice holiday season!

Got an A today around 6:38pm! My interview was last Friday! They are so quick!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
So I was at the open house today and here are some stats
5000 primary apps received
3000 primary applicants are verified
600-800 are invited to interview each year
150 matriculate
She said you have a really good shot of being accepted if you get an interview

I also asked her how common it is for people to receive an ii if they got the “not a denial” email. She said it is pretty common for ppl to get an ii late in the cycle after getting that email

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I got an OOS II yesterday :). Any info about interviews.. and how were they?

I got an OOS II yesterday :). Any info about interviews.. and how were they?
Congrats! It's a 30-minute interview with a faculty and community member. Mine asked mostly very basic questions. I'd look over the sdn questions if I were you.

Can’t get onto the payment service to reserve my seat. Deposit due Wednesday and the office is closed but was able to submit an IT ticket. How screwed am I?

So I was at the open house today and here are some stats
5000 primary apps received
3000 primary applicants are verified
600-800 are invited to interview each year
150 matriculate
She said you have a really good shot of being accepted if you get an interview

I also asked her how common it is for people to receive an ii if they got the “not a denial” email. She said it is pretty common for ppl to get an ii late in the cycle after getting that email

This is great info

Just got a secondary. Sent my app way back in June. Does this mean I have a good chance at a II? I recall ARCOM is pretty picky about who they give their secondaries to for review.

Just got a secondary. Sent my app way back in June. Does this mean I have a good chance at a II? I recall ARCOM is pretty picky about who they give their secondaries to for review.
based on my experience it means an interview invite most likely this week

According to the adcoms, yes

Has anyone been accepted or interviewed here with an MCAT between 496-498? I submitted my primary a while ago but don’t have a DO letter so I never did the waiver

Turned in my app today. A few hours later, got the II!

From those who applied and got in, any advice on how to avoid WL and, God forbid, R?

Turned in my app today. A few hours later, got the II!

From those who applied and got in, any advice on how to avoid WL and, God forbid, R?
Congrats! If it’s like any other school, really try to show in the interview that you fit their mission. I also think ARCOM emphasizes mission fit a lot

Congrats! If it’s like any other school, really try to show in the interview that you fit their mission. I also think ARCOM emphasizes mission fit a lot

Ah! Okay! That is good advice.

I’m definitely reading up on what they care about to tailor my answers appropriately. I’m OOS though…

OOS II. Submitted secondary 1/2/24. I've been checking flights and they are all no less than ~$500 after taxes. Add on motel and some misc expenses like uber to and from its a solid 700$ trip. Finances are quite tough and I can't save up for it within the next 2 months either. Do you think if I explain my situation they would understand and grant me an online interview? I do have a fee waiver if that adds credibility which they know. What do you guys think I should do?

OOS II. Submitted secondary 1/2/24. I've been checking flights and they are all no less than ~$500 after taxes. Add on motel and some misc expenses like uber to and from its a solid 700$ trip. Finances are quite tough and I can't save up for it within the next 2 months either. Do you think if I explain my situation they would understand and grant me an online interview? I do have a fee waiver if that adds credibility which they know. What do you guys think I should do?
Ur stats pls?

It never hurts to try to explain. They should understand.

Reactions: 3 users
As somebody else said, talk to the school about your situation. Maybe something can be worked out.