2023-2024 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I think three times, yes LOL. I won a raffle that waived my secondary fee :cool:

Anytime TCOM held an event during my premed years, I would be there!
at the last one, the admissions dean said to mention that we attended the PREVIEW event in our secondary....and I did lollll....lets see

at the last one, the admissions dean said to mention that we attended the PREVIEW event in our secondary....and I did lollll....lets see
Yes he did! I didn’t mention it since I submitted so early haha.

Reactions: 1 user
II this morning!! Complete 10/2 😬 This is my top choice 😭😭

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Interview invite today!! Complete 6/9!! Patience is truly virtue :soexcited::soexcited:

My top school!!
I'm late but CONGRATS!!! Your positive vibes here are a treasure and you've been rewarded! Have an awesome interview day! :love:

• Care
ive been dying to get an interview here submitted 7/29

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
ive been dying to get an interview here submitted 7/29
Rooting for ya! Attend as many admissions events you can. You can also send a letter of interest/update letter in December if you still haven’t received an invite!

I was told they “may or may not” actually see it but it could help you.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I end up at TCOM I want all of yall to run the cowtown marathon with me next year! 😁

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Rooting for ya! Attend as many admissions events you can. You can also send a letter of interest/update letter in December if you still haven’t received an invite!

I was told they “may or may not” actually see it but it could help you.
Is there any way I can message you asking about this?

Does TCOM not allow applicants to hold their offer of acceptance? I received an email that a response was required by October 30, which seems early in the cycle considering many schools haven't even sent out their acceptances yet. Can we not wait until closer to the Match? Excited for the opportunity but I wouldn't want to impulsively commit prior to knowing all of my options, but I wouldn't want to risk not getting into any school/ losing this seat and ultimately ending up at one of my lower ranked choices... I was under the impression that applicants could hold multiple prematch offer until match day, since TCOM is DO does that not apply?

Does TCOM not allow applicants to hold their offer of acceptance? I received an email that a response was required by October 30, which seems early in the cycle considering many schools haven't even sent out their acceptances yet. Can we not wait until closer to the Match? Excited for the opportunity but I wouldn't want to impulsively commit prior to knowing all of my options, but I wouldn't want to risk not getting into any school/ losing this seat and ultimately ending up at one of my lower ranked choices... I was under the impression that applicants could hold multiple prematch offer until match day, since TCOM is DO does that not apply?
You have to accept all medical school offers in order for them to hold them for you.

TCOM is not a standard DO school and follows the MD pattern of other TMDSAS schools.

You can hold it until match day. If you’re a Texan read all the Match stuff on THES/TMDSAS. A few TMDSAS schools ask for a small deposit but nothing like the size of AACOMAS deposits

You can hold it until match day. If you’re a Texan read all the Match stuff on THES/TMDSAS. A few TMDSAS schools ask for a small deposit but nothing like the size of AACOMAS deposits
I am still not sure why anyone is asking for a deposit among TMDSAS schools. :(

OOS Acceptance!! I was so excited I screamed when I got it! This is one of my top schools if not the top school!

I kind of had the same question as above because I am not as familiar with the texas system. So it sounds like I need to accept the offer and then if I get another acceptance then do i decline it? Either way i am accepting the offer I just want to make sure I am doing everything right.

Reactions: 1 users
OOS Acceptance!! I was so excited I screamed when I got it! This is one of my top schools if not the top school!

I kind of had the same question as above because I am not as familiar with the texas system. So it sounds like I need to accept the offer and then if I get another acceptance then do i decline it? Either way i am accepting the offer I just want to make sure I am doing everything right.
The standard practice for medical school admissions in US - ACCEPT ALL ADMISSIONS UNLESS THERE IS A PRICE TAG ATTACHED (then you need to think through).

You have until May 1st to decide which one to go to, as an OOS in Texas. Texas residents get to choose lot earlier than May 1st.

The standard practice for medical school admissions in US - ACCEPT ALL ADMISSIONS UNLESS THERE IS A PRICE TAG ATTACHED (then you need to think through).

You have until May 1st to decide which one to go to, at least as an OOS in Texas. Texas residents get to choose lot earlier than May 1st.
Ok thank you!!

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if other TMDSAS schools can see if you have accepted a prematch somewhere else? And if they can, would that affect your odds of receiving an acceptance from said school?

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if other TMDSAS schools can see if you have accepted a prematch somewhere else? And if they can, would that affect your odds of receiving an acceptance from said school?
All students are expected to accept their prematches. The schools dont expect otherwise.

If you get 5 prematches you are expected to accept and then decide later whether to keep them until match day or not. People start withdrawing before match day from some prematches based on how they are ranking in order to release more spots to the match.

Last edited:
Just wondering about those who received a prematch, what time did you receive your email, specifically any late in the afternoon possibly evening time?

Yes they can see and no it won't make you any less valid or wanted by other schools.

Just wondering about those who received a prematch, what time did you receive your email, specifically any late in the afternoon possibly evening time?
IS prematch! I received my email at 1:36 pm!

Okay sorry for the redundancy lol, but just to clarify, as an OOS with an acceptance, if I accept the offer, it is not binding? Meaning I have until May 1st to see if there are other schools I get accepted to?

Okay sorry for the redundancy lol, but just to clarify, as an OOS with an acceptance, if I accept the offer, it is not binding? Meaning I have until May 1st to see if there are other schools I get accepted to?
That's right.
Always read a school's email carefully to see if they have a deadline for a final commitment, but at this point you can accept and hold offers you get.
Later on if you decide on another school, it will be your responsibility to directly contact schools you didn't choose to withdraw your seat at those schools.

That's right.
Always read a school's email carefully to see if they have a deadline for a final commitment, but at this point you can accept and hold offers you get.
Later on if you decide on another school, it will be your responsibility to directly contact schools you didn't choose to withdraw your seat at those schools.
okay, that makes sense. Thank you!!

Does anyone know where to find an outline of the 4 year curriculum for TCOM? they are much harder to locate than other schools, but I want to see how they schedule boards/summers/ etc.

Does anyone know where to find an outline of the 4 year curriculum for TCOM? they are much harder to locate than other schools, but I want to see how they schedule boards/summers/ etc.
https://catalog.unthsc.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=13&poid=1077
Blocks are pretty much taken in the order listed for Year 1 and Year 2, except for Foundations of OMM which is right after Cell/Molec Bio, and Med Practice & Prof Identity which are longitudinal through the entire semester. Years 3 and 4 depend on your rotation schedule for when you do different clerkships.

As for summers, you get 6 weeks of break between M1 and M2, and 6 weeks between M2 and M3 which is also your dedicated for Level 1/Step 1. Your effective summer may vary depending on when you decide to take your boards. https://www.unthsc.edu/registrar/wp-content/uploads/sites/70/TCOM-2023-2024-Academic-Calendar.pdf

Rebecca asking me if I wanna join the PA program….ummm no?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if we can bring guests to the General Campus Tour? And if they will open up any more sessions? Currently there are no Saturdays available.
What happens if you just show up and start walking around? Granted it is not a tour but sounds like you just want to check it out?

What happens if you just show up and start walking around? Granted it is not a tour but sounds like you just want to check it out?
Honestly, you probably could. Most places that would be interesting to look at as a prospective student are behind badge-access only doors though, but common areas in most of the buildings are public access. Parking is a pain though, and campus PD will ticket if you don't have a pass.

Does TCOM give $1K scholarships to OOS so they can have in-state tuition like some other public Texas schools?

Are there any current TCOM students that I can message with some questions I have?

Is anyone still getting any interview invites, still hoping for an interview?

This interview honestly felt sooo good for me. Without sharing explicitly, I loved the questions they asked and it was extremely conversational.

Truly a dream come true getting to interview here ❤️best of luck everyone

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
This interview honestly felt sooo good for me. Without sharing explicitly, I loved the questions they asked and it was extremely conversational.

Truly a dream come true getting to interview here ❤️best of luck everyone
I agree that today was great! I had one interviewer who wasn’t the best but other than that everyone was so caring and seemed so invested in our future. Hoping the best for every single one of us!!

• Care