2023-2024 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

I want to apply to this school this year, but they don’t accept pass/no pass for prereq courses. I’m wondering if anyone has gotten in despite having a pass/no pass grade? I made a mistake in doing that for one of my classes during my early freshman year.

I want to apply to this school this year, but they don’t accept pass/no pass for prereq courses. I’m wondering if anyone has gotten in despite having a pass/no pass grade? I made a mistake in doing that for one of my classes during my early freshman year.
If it was during COVID- then it's fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get an email today thanking me for submitting my application.

Got a secondary invite June 2, 2023 IS. Same prompts as last year. Completed secondary today.

Do they use actual cadavers? Watched an intro video on them and it seemed like they use models

Just received secondary. Anyone current students know if they will take federal loans for next fall?

Do they use actual cadavers? Watched an intro video on them and it seemed like they use models
A friend goes here. They do not use cadavers. They use virtual reality and models. But for some odd reason they still have a dress code for anatomy lab. LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
great! When did you submit, and receive the "thank you for submitting" notification?
My primary was submitted 5/30, with the thank you for submitting email sent that same day

Reactions: 1 user
Just received secondary. Anyone current students know if they will take federal loans for next fall?
Not a student but I was accepted for the 2022-2023 cycle. I declined and will be going to another school primarily because they do not take federal loans yet. I spoke to their financial aid and although their first class will graduate next spring, they couldn’t guarantee they’d qualify for federal loans by then.I was told “could be up to two more years.”

Reactions: 2 users
Just going to leave this on all the schools I applied to, I did receive secondaries from every DO school:

Submitted all 16 DO Schools on 5/28/23... Verified 5/31/23

States: 3.73 Science, 3.77 Overall, 501 (125/122/127/127) and 508 (125/125/127/131)

For this school, secondary received: 7/7/23

Anyone receive a II yet?

Looks like they started giving them out August 4th last year based on the previous thread. Just curious!

IS II just 5 mins ago!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! Current OMS1 at CHSU. feel free to dm me if you have any q's!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know the post-II acceptance rate?

Does CHSU require Casper? Their website says it does, but I haven't been able to find it on the CASPer distribution list.

Does CHSU require Casper? Their website says it does, but I haven't been able to find it on the CASPer distribution list.
I mean my file is complete but I never turned in my casper scores so I dont think you need it to get an interview, you probably need it after maybe?

Got my first A!!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
how was your interview experience?? any tips
Very lowkey! Just know the basic tenents of osteopathic medicine and why CHSU specifically

• Love
Very lowkey! Just know the basic tenents of osteopathic medicine and why CHSU specifically
Thanks! also, it was just traditional interview format correct?
I have mine in a couple weeks its my first one so im a bit nervous for it

Thanks! also, it was just traditional interview format correct?
I have mine in a couple weeks its my first one so im a bit nervous for it
Congrats on the II!!!! Yup, pretty straightforward in that regard. Good luck!

• Care
chsu is no longer requiring CASPER, thats why its not on the distribution list

Are they going to be sending more IIs? I submitted my app 08/02 and was marked complete 08/03 but I still havent heard back :(

• Sad
Are they going to be sending more IIs? I submitted my app 08/02 and was marked complete 08/03 but I still havent heard back :(
I'm sure they will, it's still extremely early and you only submitted a month ago! Interviews are sent out all cycle

I'm sure they will, it's still extremely early and you only submitted a month ago! Interviews are sent out all cycle
yeah this is early, i knew someone who is currently an OMS1 there who interviewed in march

• Love
Was accepted 9/12/2023. Wondering if any current students could speak on the scholarship opportunities at CHSU