2023-2024 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a chronological order for II. Basically, if I submitted everything by a certain date and people who completed after me have received II but not me-would that basically be saying that the school has kind of decided that I wasn't a good fit?
TCOM is one of my top choices since it’s close to my family and friends. I’m definitely hoping for an interview too!

on preview day the dean of admission emphasized “you are truly in review until notified otherwise.”

Hopefully, if we’re a good fit, we’ll hear back eventually :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II a few hours ago!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
jumping in to say +1 II yesterday but complete back on 6/21 so dont lose hope early applicants!!! 🦾

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
jumping in to say +1 II yesterday but complete back on 6/21 so dont lose hope early applicants!!! 🦾
Ahh thank you for sharing cause I was definitely losing a little hope 😭

Congrats on your interview!!!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
For anyone else that interviewed yesterday, how did you feel? I feel like one of my MMI interviewers did not care at all what I had to say and gave me weird vibes. And then my group also had one of our speakers just not show up for our session lol. I know TCOM is a fantastic school and I only ever hear wonderful things, but interview kinda gave me eh vibes.

For anyone else that interviewed yesterday, how did you feel? I feel like one of my MMI interviewers did not care at all what I had to say and gave me weird vibes. And then my group also had one of our speakers just not show up for our session lol. I know TCOM is a fantastic school and I only ever hear wonderful things, but interview kinda gave me eh vibes.
To help future applicants I’ll encourage you to add comments to the Interview Feedback for SDN ( link in the first post of each thread)
But wait a few days to let your impressions settle.
You also seem to mention “vibes” in many of your posts. What does this mean to you? What “vibes” are you projecting in an interview setting?

Hi! How many people do they roughly try to interview each year? I couldn't find this info anywhere

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
^15% huh...its kinda the same as most Texas schools right?

^15% huh...its kinda the same as most Texas schools right?
I dont believe that is how it works.

Schools decide how many people they want to interview each year and it is a set number. Texas applications over the since covid have shot quite a bit and that doesn't necessarily mean the school slots went up or interview slots went up.

Last edited:
IS interview invite a few minutes ago! Complete 8/1 🤩

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just received an acceptance today! I applied early decision and interviewed early August. Super excited to start next fall :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just received an acceptance today! I applied early decision and interviewed early August. Super excited to start next fall :)
That’s so freaking exciting!! Congratulations 🎊 enjoy the next year!!

• Love
Hey guys! So i interviewed in July for the program and I looked at my admissions page and it says I no longer have an active application. Does this mean they have made their decision and are waiting until October? Or what would that mean?

I submitted my TMDSAS application on 9/6 (the day I received my MCAT score, I wanted to wait and see if it was competitive enough) and I will roughly get processed and receive secondaries by first week of October. Im hoping to knock out TCOM asap. I saw someone mention earlier that most of their interviews are over by thanksgiving. Is there still a chance for me to be reviewed and given a secondary? LM: 63, GPA: 3.2, MCAT: 511

Any advice would be appreciated pls

I submitted my TMDSAS application on 9/6 (the day I received my MCAT score, I wanted to wait and see if it was competitive enough) and I will roughly get processed and receive secondaries by first week of October. Im hoping to knock out TCOM asap. I saw someone mention earlier that most of their interviews are over by thanksgiving. Is there still a chance for me to be reviewed and given a secondary? LM: 63, GPA: 3.2, MCAT: 511

Any advice would be appreciated pls
TMDSAS processing time is about 3 weeks right now, so your app should go out to schools in about a week. You should get secondaries promptly.
Be sure you have logged in to your MCAT portal and give them permission to release your MCAT score to TMDSAS (it doesn’t go automatically)

TMDSAS processing time is about 3 weeks right now, so your app should go out to schools in about a week. You should get secondaries promptly.
Be sure you have logged in to your MCAT portal and give them permission to release your MCAT score to TMDSAS (it doesn’t go automatically)
thank you for your prompt response! you are talking about the "send scores electronically" right? I sent it to TMDSAS that way the same day i received my score. all my LORs have been sent in as well so there should be no delay there

thank you for your prompt response! you are talking about the "send scores electronically" right? I sent it to TMDSAS that way the same day i received my score. all my LORs have been sent in as well so there should be no delay there
Yes

Reactions: 1 user
IS II today, complete 8/27, 509 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, non-trad.
I have no words😭; this is my first one, and I am so grateful.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
IS II today, complete 8/27, 509 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, non-trad.
I have no words😭; this is my first one, and I am so grateful.
darn bro happy for you; was really looking fwd to hearing from this school mannn...kill that interview!

• Care
The email from admissions reminding us to submit our application and that our dream to attend TCOM is within reach 🤣🤣

Reactions: 4 users
I’m so happy to finally be posting on this thread!

IS II today! Submitted 07/17. Lets goooo! LM 67

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
II today! Submitted 9/15. My very first one. LM 69.1

Literally no words. So happy.

Hopefully it is all just a start but couldn't be more excited

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
I interviewed 9/12, and I am OOS. Does anyone know if I will hear back about a decision at the same time they send out pre-matches? Or will I have to wait to hear until the match in february or march?

I interviewed 9/12, and I am OOS. Does anyone know if I will hear back about a decision at the same time they send out pre-matches? Or will I have to wait to hear until the match in february or march?
Good question
OOS applicants don’t participate in the TMDSAS match and ranking system.
You can hear news at the earliest on October 15 or any time after that. Good luck!

I interviewed here almost 2 weeks ago and I still can't see TCOM under my TMDSAS rank preference. Is this normal, because the schools I interviewed at less than a week ago are already showing in my rank list?
If it doesn't show up by the end of the month, email TCOM and politely ask them to update their portal to allow you to rank them

I interviewed here almost 2 weeks ago and I still can't see TCOM under my TMDSAS rank preference. Is this normal, because the schools I interviewed at less than a week ago are already showing in my rank list?
I interviewed at TCOM 8 days ago and they just updated my preference list today. During my interview, the Dean of Admissions said to "not expect to Pre-Match on Day 1 because it takes 3-4 weeks post-interview to process the application." All that said, I think TCOM is in no rush.

Interview invite today!! Complete 6/9!! Patience is truly virtue :soexcited::soexcited:

My top school!!

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
As my alma mater (UNT; Go Mean Green!), I can safely say that this is a GREAT school! If you have a chance, please visit the campus in Fort Worth. It's very nice.
I’ve been to the campus too many times 🤣they’re probably sick of me

• Haha