2023-2024 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
File was just marked complete! Submitted my secondary 8/20

Just got IS II!! Wow was not expecting that on the same day that I was marked complete!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have any insight on the interview experience here?
OOS ED here -- It was honestly very stress-free! The interviewer was incredibly friendly, which definitely helped with my nerves. Of course, they asked the typical med school interview questions, but we also got to talk about topics outside of my app, which made it worthwhile. Good luck!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS ED here -- It was honestly very stress-free! The interviewer was incredibly friendly, which definitely helped with my nerves. Of course, they asked the typical med school interview questions, but we also got to talk about topics outside of my app, which made it worthwhile. Good luck!!!

Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone attend the 1:1 advisement session? I have mine tomorrow and wondering how it was?

Anyone know how long it takes to hear back after completing the interview?

So I've been marked incomplete for a month and just called to make sure I didn't need anything else. They pulled up my app and marked me complete right then and there

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone done the orientation session yet? Just had my interview today but haven’t heard anything about that. Also, when do you pick curriculum preference?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!!
Stats if you don’t mind sharing? I don’t think that they send IIs in order of completion so congratulations one more time!
505, 3.89 sGPA, 1000+ hours of clinical, volunteer, and research

ACCEPTED 10/6/23 (checked my portal) OOS ED applicant!!! 🥳
II (9/11)

Reactions: 7 users
Hi everyone! I got my II on 10/2 and interviewed on 10/5 (it all happened so fast lol) but I haven’t gotten an email or anything about their “orientation” session. For those of you who already interviewed, when did you have your orientation session? Should I reach out or just wait it out for now?

Hi, I was having this same issue with mine app. I called yesterday and they said they were a little behind this year and it might take a few weeks extra... after the phone call I received an email that my app was complete. Sometimes I think they just forget/skip over some, unfortunately.
Same with me! I was complete 9/6 and called today and was told the same thing. Got the complete email a few minutes later!

ED Interview 9/11/23; Noticed today that there's an acceptance and offer response section on my portal. Haven't received an email or call and says for July 2023 matriculation (should be 2024). Has this happened to anyone else? They told me 2-4 weeks post-interview for a decision and today is 4 weeks to the dot. Is the acceptance or just the year in error???? Any other 9/11/23 interviewees know?

ACCEPTED 10/6/23 (checked my portal) OOS ED applicant!!! 🥳
II (9/11)
Is the year right? I have the same in my portal but the year is wrong. Says 2023 matriculation. I did ED interview 9/11/23. Haven't gotten call or email did you?

Is the year right? I have the same in my portal but the year is wrong. Says 2023 matriculation. I did ED interview 9/11/23. Haven't gotten call or email did you?
Same here -- no call or email, but when I contacted them last week, they said a decision on my application would be made by the weekend.

EDIT:
Just received an email confirming the acceptance and the technical error on the portal; the official acceptance packet will be released later this week.

Last edited:
Same here -- no call or email, but when I contacted them last week, they said a decision on my application would be made by the weekend.

EDIT:
Just received an email confirming the acceptance and the technical error on the portal; the official acceptance packet will be released later this week.
OMG congrats !!!! I still haven't gotten anything; I'm anxiously refreshing my email.

• Care
I did a search and I noticed I don‘t see much info on RowanSOM on here and also when people ask for school lists I don’t see it on the lists. Is there a reason for this? Does Rowan not have a good program? Just trying to figure out what the issue is with this school if any.

I did a search and I noticed I don‘t see much info on RowanSOM on here and also when people ask for school lists I don’t see it on the lists. Is there a reason for this? Does Rowan not have a good program? Just trying to figure out what the issue is with this school if any.

from my knowledge and what I heard from students and others they have a great program. But now I am curious about what you are saying

Last edited:
I'm not sure if there are any "issues" with the school that make people not want to put it on their school list -- perhaps it may have a stronger in-state bias because it is part of a state university, or maybe the OOS tuition is much greater than IS? However, I do think RowanSOM is a really great program -- especially since it has a lot of resources such as an affiliated teaching hospital next door, a more research-oriented mission, P/F didactic years, and a good match list. Plus, with my limited interaction with the faculty thus far, they seem very welcoming and supportive of their students.

Anyone know how long it’s taking them right now to verify LORs? I’m sure they’re busy but I submitted on 9/12 and I'm still waiting.

Anyone know how long it’s taking them right now to verify LORs? I’m sure they’re busy but I submitted on 9/12 and I'm still waiting.
Call the admissions department and ask! I did that and they verified me after the call

RowanSOM has an excellent program and is now the largest med school in NJ. They tend to get overshadowed by Cooper which is Rowan’s MD program. I once asked Goro the same question a few years back and he said they have an in-state bias. If you look at the stats, in any given year their NJ in-state accepted student average is about 85%. Their residency matches are pretty impressive as well.

You guys think it is worth adding this school or too late? I am OOS but in NY so pretty close to Jersey. Stats 4.0/511. Already have a bunch of DO interviews to northeast schools but got backed up doing my secondary for this school while working on my MD ones.

You guys think it is worth adding this school or too late? I am OOS but in NY so pretty close to Jersey. Stats 4.0/511. Already have a bunch of DO interviews to northeast schools but got backed up doing my secondary for this school while working on my MD ones.
If you can handle it go for it! as long as you can get it in before Thanksgiving.

anyone have their letters reviewed yet? i called admissions but still didnt get it reviewed, they told me they were focused on the ED pool

anyone have their letters reviewed yet? i called admissions but still didnt get it reviewed, they told me they were focused on the ED pool
wait are they still interviewing for ED? I thought RD started. I can't tell if Rowan is behind or if this is the norm.

wait are they still interviewing for ED? I thought RD started. I can't tell if Rowan is behind or if this is the norm.
Admissions told me that they're still focusing on ED and trying to get out decisions for October, but i dont know anymore.

By review do u just mean complete? Or is it something else?

Submitted early September, just verified today.

Should it be taken as a good sign if the file is marked as complete? I've noticed that it's taking a while for some people, but I had everything in and it was marked as complete the next day. Marked complete first week of October and submitted secondary earlier that same week.

Anyone know the turnaround time for RD interview offers? I heard they try to start with the RD pool after ED and their guaranteed interview track from the BioMed Master’s around Oct 15! I’m RD and have just been waiting to hear about an interview and I’ve had some contact with the admissions office since I submitted my primary (to provide updates lol) which I did get responses from.

For reference my primary was received and verified by 9/14, I got the secondary (I’m in state) on 9/15, submitted on 9/28 and was marked complete literally IMMEDIATELY. I got the submission confirmed and the file complete emails at the exact same time. Just curious if I’ll be hearing anything soon or if anyone else already has!

Last edited: