2023-2024 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They're exactly the same from last year.

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone please send me the secondary questions so I can pre write them?

How did you learn about osteopathic medicine, and why is it a good fit for you?

Explain why you are interested in attending the Rowan-Virtua School of Osteopathic Medicine.

Optional: Please describe any significant barriers or challenges you may have overcome in pursuing your personal/professional goals

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone please send me the secondary questions so I can pre write them?
How did you learn about osteopathic medicine and why is it a good fit for you?

Explain why you are interested in attending Rowan-Virtua School of Osteopathic Medicine:

Please describe any significant barriers or challenges you may have overcome in the pursuit of your personal/professional goals:

Please prepare an essay that explains why you want to participate in the Synergistic Guided Learning curriculum (SGL) and why you are a good fit for this curricular track.

Then another one asking what specialties you may be interested in

How did you learn about osteopathic medicine and why is it a good fit for you?

Explain why you are interested in attending Rowan-Virtua School of Osteopathic Medicine:

Please describe any significant barriers or challenges you may have overcome in the pursuit of your personal/professional goals:

Please prepare an essay that explains why you want to participate in the Synergistic Guided Learning curriculum (SGL) and why you are a good fit for this curricular track.

Then another one asking what specialties you may be interested in
Where did you see the essay about why the SGL curriculum? I just submitted my application and it didn't ask me that.

Oh that depends if you picked the SGL or PBL curriculum

I don’t remember if it’s really or highly interested, but if you select you are highly interested in one, the prompt asks why

Just got an email about upcoming PBL/SGL webinars. Would it be a good idea to attend or does it not matter? Like will it negatively impact my application if I don't/positively impact my application if I do?

Just got an email about upcoming PBL/SGL webinars. Would it be a good idea to attend or does it not matter? Like will it negatively impact my application if I don't/positively impact my application if I do?
I don't think it will affect your application at all. They don't even have cameras on or take attendance. It's for your own knowledge

Just got the file complete email. Submitted secondary 7/27

Members don't see this ad :)
applied instate but i highly doubt ill get an II with my MCAT

The LORs show as not reviewed, but I’m sure that’s because my MCAT wasn’t there. There was only an issue with the MCAT score.
Yea I had my MCAT score the entire time but still haven't had my LORs reviewed. They're taking their time I think.

I contacted AAMC and there was an issue with sending it over. It might be worth checking with them just in case yours is super delayed too.

Thank you my mcat was fine it is the LoRs that are taking forever

Reactions: 1 users
At the choose DO expo today (8/23) RowanSOM said they expect to start sending IIs in 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: 9 users
Is anyone planning on doing that 1:1 virtual advising session with the senior admissions officer from the email today?

Is anyone else having a Runtime error when trying to access the application portal?

Reactions: 1 users
Received secondary a few days ago. OOS.
However, the link to the account is not working. Any one have this problem?

how long does it typically take the adcoms to reply back to an email? i got an email saying my LOR reqs are incomplete and to msg the adcoms. it's been 5 days but no response

how long does it typically take the adcoms to reply back to an email? i got an email saying my LOR reqs are incomplete and to msg the adcoms. it's been 5 days but no response
I messaged the adcoms before on a Friday and they responded within 4 days. It seems like they're having serious technical issues at the moment

Got the same email. I gave them a call, they were able to fix it over the phone.

Hey, ya'll! When completing the additional info part of the secondary app, how much detail are you going into? Especially the one that asks about your professional interests regarding specialties. Also, I cannot for the life of me remember which classes I took online vs in person during COVID because in 2021, different classes were doing different things. Does anyone have tips on how to answer that question?

I wrote a specialty I’m currently interested in pursuing and two very brief paragraphs about why I’m interested.

For the classes, maybe your transcript shows what was online vs in-person. My school went 100% online for a while so everything I took was online. Worst case, contact your school and maybe they have access to what classes used different formats. Hope this helps :)

I wrote a specialty I’m currently interested in pursuing and two very brief paragraphs about why I’m interested.

For the classes, maybe your transcript shows what was online vs in-person. My school went 100% online for a while so everything I took was online. Worst case, contact your school and maybe they have access to what classes used different formats. Hope this helps :)
Thank you so much! I have been digging through my texts to see if I mentioned anything. But, might have to just reach out to my college because we did a hybrid for most of the classes but I cannot remember which ones were which. I wonder how serious it is for them to have the exact information?

Thank you so much! I have been digging through my texts to see if I mentioned anything. But, might have to just reach out to my college because we did a hybrid for most of the classes but I cannot remember which ones were which. I wonder how serious it is for them to have the exact information?
I think you shouldnt knowingly give wrong information regardless. For classes that were hybrid I said partially online.

Yes, I suggest doing as much research as you can and in case you really can't obtain the information call admissions and ask what you should do. They might be ablle to provide better insight than me, a fellow premed lol

I think you shouldnt knowingly give wrong information regardless. For classes that were hybrid I said partially online.
Fair point. I think I'll call my undergraduate school and see if I can dig up some information. Otherwise, I'll follow @Salsasazon's suggestion to just call Rowan and ask them. Might be the easiest way to make sure I answer everything correctly lol. Thank you! :)

File complete email today (8/31)
Secondary submitted on 7/29

Does anyone know the stats of Rowan like interview rate and post-II acceptance rate?

Anyone have experienced with re-applying? I interviewed and was put on the alternate list last cycle- are my odds better now? (Doing an accelerated MPH atm and got a higher MCAT score than what I applied with last cycle).

Did anyone who submitted 8/18 or later get their application complete/ LOR checked off?

I submitted 8/14 and have not gotten the complete email yet:(

Reactions: 2 users