2023-2024 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
submitted 08/03, complete 08/24

Members don't see this ad.

Secondary submitted on 08/12, haven't heard back from them yet about the completion of my apps. Anyone else on the same boat?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My friend who is a first year at rowan said that interviews are currently being conducted (albeit only for early decision). We should get interview invites after they are done with the early decision interviews, this week or next.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone that applied ED and waiting on an interview invite/decision?

Reactions: 1 user
I am not sure if my friend meant finished with this set of early decision interviews or finished all of them. I wouldn't worry too much.

I had to call about my letters because a month had passed and it was still marked incomplete. Complete on 7/28. Apparently, they don't take a psychology prof as a science letter writer, so I had to write an email explaining my reasoning (research experience and class taken). Then, they marked my app complete today after about 5 days.

I had to call about my letters because a month had passed and it was still marked incomplete. Complete on 7/28. Apparently, they don't take a psychology prof as a science letter writer, so I had to write an email explaining my reasoning (research experience and class taken). Then, they marked my app complete today after about 5 days.
I emailed about this too and got no response but it looks like it's checked off on my application status. Did you get an email saying it's complete? or is it just checked off now as well? Thanks!

I called them today about LORs from mid Aug submission secondaries and they said they're running a little behind so it's normal rn for it not to be checked off and complete

Reactions: 2 users
Submitted 8/19, marked as complete 09/07

I emailed about this too and got no response but it looks like it's checked off on my application status. Did you get an email saying it's complete? or is it just checked off now as well? Thanks!
I got the email confirmation saying it was complete and it checked off on the portal too. If it's checked off on the portal I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just had mine today, they said they’ve been slowly inviting people and doing them a few at a time
Congrats on interviewing! Do you know if they’re doing ED interviews first?
It seems like from past threads the committee meets and decides twice a month? If you’re early decision the website says they notify applicants their decision by 10/21, so hopefully earlier, but about a month.

Congrats on interviewing! Do you know if they’re doing ED interviews first?
It seems like from past threads the committee meets and decides twice a month? If you’re early decision the website says they notify applicants their decision by 10/21, so hopefully earlier, but about a month.
Thanks! Yes I believe it’s ED applicants first and then they’ll start with everyone else. I was ED myself

anyone still waiting for their file to be complete? on the portal, my LORs say "not yet reviewed by admissions." I submitted my secondary 8/6

anyone still waiting for their file to be complete? on the portal, my LORs say "not yet reviewed by admissions." I submitted my secondary 8/6
Yes! I submitted 8/11 and not complete yet- I emailed a week or two ago and no response. I think I am gonna call about it tomorrow.

Yes! I submitted 8/11 and not complete yet- I emailed a week or two ago and no response. I think I am gonna call about it tomorrow.
Same! Submitted 8/14 and I've been debating emailing, calling, or just waiting it out.

I had this too, submitted on 8/17 and was still under review over a month later. I emailed to ask about it on 9/22 and later that day got an email saying that my file was complete/under review.
Same! Submitted 8/14 and I've been debating emailing, calling, or just waiting it out.

No recent ii? Looking like they will go into July with the iis lol.
But does this delay mean that they are a lot more selective or just taking it slow??

But does this delay mean that they are a lot more selective or just taking it slow??
Zoe Saldana Joe GIF by Paramount+

I've been complete since September1st.

Went to an open house last week, and was told they just finished ED and will be sending out IIs for RD in the next two weeks

My cousin who is applying, recieved a phone call today stating they wanted him to schedule a date with him for an interview. He is IS LM 72 or something

Went to an open house last week, and was told they just finished ED and will be sending out IIs for RD in the next two weeks
how do you sign up for these events? And do you know when is the next open house?

My cousin who is applying, recieved a phone call today stating they wanted him to schedule a date with him for an interview. He is IS LM 72 or somethinghe is
My cousin who is applying, recieved a phone call today stating they wanted him to schedule a date with him for an interview. He is IS LM 72 or something
Is your cousin RD or ED?

My app still isn’t marked complete and I submitted mid-August! Should I email?

Haven’t heard anything back yet and I applied ED and was completed on 8/7 :/ super frustrated I’m an IS applicant with similar stats to avgs

how do you sign up for these events? And do you know when is the next open house?

Not sure if they have any virtual options anymore, but with that link just register and pick a date. You get to tour both campuses and then speak with an admission representative about your application or general questions.

I also applied and I was also complete around August 30th but it has been silence for me. Similar stats too

My app still isn’t marked complete and I submitted mid-August! Should I email?
Hi, I was having this same issue with mine app. I called yesterday and they said they were a little behind this year and it might take a few weeks extra... after the phone call I received an email that my app was complete. Sometimes I think they just forget/skip over some, unfortunately.

I just called Admissions bc my application was still marked incomplete after submitting my secondary on 8/9. They said its taking a while to review letter of recommendations since they ask for a committee letter or 2 science faculty letters and if students send more than that, they have to manually review the letters before marking them complete.

File was just marked complete! Submitted my secondary 8/20

Reactions: 1 users