2023-2024 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thinking this is where my journey ends for Rowan. I applied in September and wanted to see what I could do about my application. I talked to admissions and was told my mcat was too low. Retaking it is not feasible so I asked if I could write a letter of intent or anything but was told that unless my mcat changes they will not look at my application. "If we did interview you which we are probably not going to do". The website states a 500 is recommended but I was told that this is almost like a cut off and theres no wiggle room. Hope the rest of you guys have better luck ! Also if you have not heard anything back, set up an appt with the admissions dean, best way to get answers!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
thinking this is where my journey ends for Rowan. I applied in September and wanted to see what I could do about my application. I talked to admissions and was told my mcat was too low. Retaking it is not feasible so I asked if I could write a letter of intent or anything but was told that unless my mcat changes they will not look at my application. "If we did interview you which we are probably not going to do". The website states a 500 is recommended but I was told that this is almost like a cut off and theres no wiggle room. Hope the rest of you guys have better luck ! Also if you have not heard anything back, set up an appt with the admissions dean, best way to get answers!
what was your mcat?

Members don't see this ad :)
I cant wait to hear back.... interviewed last week.

OOS WL just now interviewed 1/31 so upset and worried that doing the interview orientation (after my interview) from work was a bad idea :(

Reactions: 1 user
OOS WL just now interviewed 1/31 so upset and worried that doing the interview orientation (after my interview) from work was a bad idea :(
+1 but IS. I am SO disappointed because of how they tell us about the school in the interview and how they make it seem like we’re just being vibe checked. I’m hoping for all of our sakes it’s just a case of a filled class

+1 but IS. I am SO disappointed because of how they tell us about the school in the interview and how they make it seem like we’re just being vibe checked. I’m hoping for all of our sakes it’s just a case of a filled class

Did they say that the class is already filled. I thing that they regularly have a lot of waitlist movement

Got the call from the dean about 2 hours ago, OOS A :) Interviewed on 2/6; super excited about the move to New Jersey this summer!

Has anyone recieved high priority waitlist, or is it just the alternate/waitlist this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when scholarship information will be released? I'm worried that it might be delayed due to the changes to FAFSA this year.

Does anyone know when scholarship information will be released? I'm worried that it might be delayed due to the changes to FAFSA this year.

FAFSA itself hasn’t been released to schools yet

no problem! And yes! I have acceptances already and waitlists but I went to Rowan for undergrad and am a jersey resident so it was my top, but no worries :)
do you mind sharing what school you have been accepted to thanks

Getting a bit worried from the recent applicants on here getting WL positions....my interview is this tuesday and it is resembling the same pattern as last year (I got interviewed around this time and got wait listed)

• Care
Getting a bit worried from the recent applicants on here getting WL positions....my interview is this tuesday and it is resembling the same pattern as last year (I got interviewed around this time and got wait listed)
Stay positive you never know.

Hey! Did you talk to admissions after you submitted your application? Is there a way to still talk to someone?

Interviewed 1/25 couldn’t make it to the orientation until 2/19 I have a 508 mcat and 3.73 gpa do I have any hope of an acceptance? Stressing really bad right now…

Interviewed 1/25 couldn’t make it to the orientation until 2/19 I have a 508 mcat and 3.73 gpa do I have any hope of an acceptance? Stressing really bad right now…
Your stats are competitive with this school, so I wouldn't worry too much if you felt you performed well in the interview. A lot of us had our orientation after the interview, too. All you can do is wait. I hope you receive the good news soon :)

do we need to complete the orientation first before we can get an acceptance?

do we need to complete the orientation first before we can get an acceptance?
I do not think so actually, from reading this thread it seems like some people interviewed--> received a decision--> attended the orientation.

Would you mind sharing stats? I’m terrified this is going to happen to me interview 1/25 orientation 2/19

Would you mind sharing stats? I’m terrified this is going to happen to me interview 1/25 orientation 2/19
I’m sure it’s going to go well for you! I’m very non-trad 506 cgpa 3.67 sgpa 3.3
hoping for WL movement as this is 1000% my top choice

Another day of checking my email for results :rofl:

yall i had a dream i got an interview here and never saw the email. when i finally found the email a month later, they gave the interview to someone else. can this cycle end already :rofl:

Should I meet With Dean Watkins to discuss improving my application since it’s been a month since I applied? Will that hurt my chances?

hopefully we will both hear back tomorrow. i heard the ADCOM meets every Friday. ❤️
just had my interview on tuesday, i think it went fantastic- hopefully (praying irl) that i get to hear a decision before the usual 2-4 week time frame!

• Love
just had my interview on tuesday, i think it went fantastic- hopefully (praying irl) that i get to hear a decision before the usual 2-4 week time frame!
did they mention anything about waitlist or the class being ful?

did they mention anything about waitlist or the class being ful?
They did not which I would assume is a good thing because when I interviewed last cycle my interviewer said that the class was full and I would be getting a Wait List letter

They did not which I would assume is a good thing because when I interviewed last cycle my interviewer said that the class was full and I would be getting a Wait List letter
that is great news!! wishing you the absolute best!!

YAY congratz on an amazing interview. :) you deserve to get in! I've been waiting for a little over two weeks, and i'm checking my email every day hahahaa. I hope I get to hear the decision tomorrow.

when was your interview last cycle? was it later?

I interviewed on monday! I thought it went okay!
Very conversational hopefully it works out for me!

Has anyone else still not received an interview invite? Feeling very scared and losing hope. I have decent stats (502/503 MCAT, 3.6 GPA, 2+ years clinical experience, research experience, publication). I set up a meeting with the dean but unsure if there is anything else I can do to stand a chance.