2023-2024 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Never got the acceptance email, but I got an invitation to accepted students day, checked the portal, and it was there. It’s asking me for a banner id though on the portal? Maybe that’s in my missing email?
Same thing happened to me actually. When you click 'submit' on the Banner ID page, it gives you your banner ID. Then the Deposit Fee page pops up and allows you to pay the deposit.

Members don't see this ad.

Same thing happened to me actually. When you click 'submit' on the Banner ID page, it gives you your banner ID. Then the Deposit Fee page pops up and allows you to pay the deposit.

“Banner ID not found or invalid; please contact an administrator.”

“Banner ID not found or invalid; please contact an administrator.”
Sorry then, I'm not sure. Maybe give it some time and try again, then contact them like it says if it still doesn't work.

For me, it said: "Please click the below button to get your banner ID before proceeding to paying your deposit:". As soon as I clicked the button, my nine-digit banner ID popped up and I was able to access the Deposit Fee tab.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the acceptance is binding? If I accept the offer and then if getting accepted somewhere else can I withdraw my acceptance?

Still nothing from 01/23 interview. The silence is killing me

Reactions: 1 users
accepted yesterday evening through email. is there an accepted students groupchat/groupme?

Reactions: 1 user
Never got the acceptance email, but I got an invitation to accepted students day, checked the portal, and it was there. It’s asking me for a banner id though on the portal? Maybe that’s in my missing email?
I got the acceptance email, but never got the accepted students day invite.

Anyone know if this school just ghosts people? I applied OOS in August and haven’t heard a thing lol

Last night, I received the invitation to the accepted student’s day and checked the portal to see the offered admission tab. Does the acceptance email state which campus and learning path you’re assigned to?

Last night, I received the invitation to the accepted student’s day and checked the portal to see the offered admission tab. Does the acceptance email state which campus and learning path you’re assigned to?
I would think so. I'm in the same boat as you, I think were going to get the official accepted email soon with more info including what campus, pbl/sgl, accepted students facebook groupchat, etc.

I would think so. I'm in the same boat as you, I think were going to get the official accepted email soon with more info including what campus, pbl/sgl, accepted students facebook groupchat, etc.

You can find the Facebook through searching Facebook, and the GroupMe is linked through a Facebook post

So nervous waiting for interview results.... somehow the high acceptance rate post II makes me even more worried. :rofl:

Reactions: 2 users
So nervous waiting for interview results.... somehow the high acceptance rate post II makes me even more worried. :rofl:
SAME! When did you interview? I was 1/31 OOS (NY)

Members don't see this ad :)
SAME! When did you interview? I was 1/31 OOS (NY)
OOS as well!!! And that makes me even more nervous, cuz I havent ever been to New Jersey before or nearby. I'm wondering if the OOS acceptance rate is different, haha.

Last week! I feel like my interviewer was too nice, and I rambled a bit :rofl:
I’m sure you did great! I told my interviewer how nervous I was several times 🤦🏼‍♀️

I’m sure you did great! I told my interviewer how nervous I was several times 🤦🏼‍♀️
thank you!!! <3 im sure u did amazing as well

Rowan has a good post-interview acceptance rate, so if you received an interview, that's already a positive!

Do you apply for the PBL once you have been admitted? I did show interest in my secondary but is there another application for PBL ?

Do you apply for the PBL once you have been admitted? I did show interest in my secondary but is there another application for PBL ?
No, if you get accepted, they will indicate which program you have been accepted to.

No, if you get accepted, they will indicate which program you have been accepted to.
Great! Thanks, I got the acceptance call today. What if you want to change your choice of curriculum? Can you do that now?

Great! Thanks, I got the acceptance call today. What if you want to change your choice of curriculum? Can you do that now?
They said we would have an opportunity to exchange with others later in the cycle. I am guessing it will be closer to May-June

Hey congrats on your A! Would you mind sharing when you interviewed?

WL just now. Does anyone know if there is good WL movement? Would’ve been my #1 choice

• Care
Does anyone know if just the deposit is required within 14 days to hold your seat, or is it the Acceptance Confirmation Forms, CBC, and immunization? If I want to hold my seat but am still waiting to hear back from schools, can I just send submit the deposit and nothing else?

Hopefully this is the right place to post this, if not then disregard- will be applying this coming cycle w/ a 502, cGPA: 3.46, sGPA: 3.34- has anyone had luck getting in with stats like these?

Does anyone know if just the deposit is required within 14 days to hold your seat, or is it the Acceptance Confirmation Forms, CBC, and immunization? If I want to hold my seat but am still waiting to hear back from schools, can I just send submit the deposit and nothing else?

Immunizations haven’t been sent out yet

What medical equipment is in the kit and what still needs to be purchased

Hopefully this is the right place to post this, if not then disregard- will be applying this coming cycle w/ a 502, cGPA: 3.46, sGPA: 3.34- has anyone had luck getting in with stats like these?

Try setting up a meeting with the admission staff, they are usually straight forward with their opinion of you. Good luck!!

Wait is this a thing I could do??
Yes. If you follow this link, you can schedule an appointment with someone from admissions/recruitment. Like TuttiFrutti14 said, they'll provide you with an honest evaluation, plus they're very friendly so it's not stressful at all.

Yes. If you follow this link, you can schedule an appointment with someone from admissions/recruitment. Like TuttiFrutti14 said, they'll provide you with an honest evaluation, plus they're very friendly so it's not stressful at all.
OH MY GOD THANK YOU!

Does anyone have issue submitting deposit for the school. When I click on the Banner ID, it says "error contact administrator"

Any advice for the interview would be greatly appreciated!

For those that are on the alternate list, is there anything to do on our end immediately other than waiting?

So the ADCOM meets every Friday it seems like?

Officially freaking out bc I interviewed 1/24 and still haven’t heard back 🥲

Does anyone have issue submitting deposit for the school. When I click on the Banner ID, it says "error contact administrator"
I had to enter my banner ID instead of social security to get access