2023-2024 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone know the post-ii acceptance rate?

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know the post-ii acceptance rate?
It’s around 45-50%.

As per the class profile on the website, the last time acceptance offers were published were for the entering Class of 2020:

Interviews: 721
Acceptances: 346
Matriculants: 152

Reactions: 5 users
any pre-interview rejections

any advice for the interview? What is the format? Mine is coming up and I am nervous!

• Care
any advice for the interview? What is the format? Mine is coming up and I am nervous!

You’ll have 2 interviewers interviewing you at the same time. 25 min of interviewing (5 questions with 5 minutes each to answer), then 5 min to ask 2 questions. They ask you to answer questions without sharing the places you’ve worked/volunteered/went to school and when giving examples to try to keep descriptions as generic as possible to eliminate bias. But the whole “interview” portion is only 30 min

Questions are completely standardized so we aren’t allowed to share specifics, but I’d practice like any other interview, find a list of Q’s online to practice with and think about examples in your life and experiences you can use to answer questions.

Reactions: 1 users
Prepping my interview right now. Would it be an issue if I asked questions about the University Park Curriculum during my interview, even though I did not indicate I was interested in it in my secondary application? Tbh, I was not considering it while submitting my 2nd, but as I did more research for my interview, I started to have some interest.

Prepping my interview right now. Would it be an issue if I asked questions about the University Park Curriculum during my interview, even though I did not indicate I was interested in it in my secondary application? Tbh, I was not considering it while submitting my 2nd, but as I did more research for my interview, I started to have some interest.
It shouldn't be an issue. I'm not sure your two faculty interviewers would have much knowledge on it, so I would ask at another time during the day. There are plenty of opportunities

Members don't see this ad :)
Some interviewers are from the University Park campus, so it's not out of the question that they may be able to give you some great answers!

• Love
Does anyone know when interviews end? Or when they stop sending interview invites?

Does anyone know when interviews end? Or when they stop sending interview invites?
I think last year they were doing interviews until the end of March, but may need someone to check me on that.

I spoke with Admissions a couple minutes ago and they told me they do not accept updated transcripts :/

EDIT: This is for pre-II (I am still waiting to hopefully receive a II).
I emailed Admissions last week and they just replied to me 10 minutes ago stating "The answer is 'yes', transcripts (official only) are accepted as academic updates and will be added to your file for review by the Admissions Committee.".

So yes, send your official transcripts!

Is there a difference between the second look event and the campus tour? Which one is technically the first look- the interview or rummaging on the website 😅? Not sure what to expect but I’m excited to finally get off zoom

Last edited:
Is there a difference between the second look event and the campus tour? Which one is technically the first look- the interview or rummaging on the website 😅? Not sure what to expect but I’m excited to finally get off zoom for some in person action this cycle!
second look is only for admitted students and the campus tour is for anyone that’s interviewed even if they haven’t received an admissions decision yet!

Is anyone else having trouble activating their PSU account?

Also has someone made a GroupMe yet?

Edit: Unofficial Group Chat link here - GroupMe

Figured it be helpful for anyone who’s deciding between schools, wanting to meet other accepted students + find roommates, ask q’s, etc etc

Last edited:
Does anyone have more info about the clinician investigator pathway? Is it manageable to do or is the accelerated program stressful? If we indicate our interest on the program then is it binding?

Any pre ll rejections or any idea when they’re done sending invites?

I emailed Admissions last week and they just replied to me 10 minutes ago stating "The answer is 'yes', transcripts (official only) are accepted as academic updates and will be added to your file for review by the Admissions Committee.".

So yes, send your official transcripts!
i emailed them too and they responded with a pretty curt, "That is considered an update, and we do not accept updates." weird, i guess they are giving out different information?

ahh sorry i should have clarified, havent gotten an ii yet; maybe they'd be willing post interview!

i emailed them too and they responded with a pretty curt, "That is considered an update, and we do not accept updates." weird, i guess they are giving out different information?
ahh sorry i should have clarified, havent gotten an ii yet; maybe they'd be willing post interview!
The first time I talked to admissions on 2/2 (I called and left a voicemail) they emailed me back a very short response saying "We do not accept unofficial transcripts." But then on 2/8, I received another email from the Admissions office saying "The answer is 'yes', transcripts (official only) are accepted as academic updates and will be added to your file for review by the Admissions Committee.".

I still sent my official transcripts (pre-II).

Apologies if this was posted somewhere or easily available lol but does there seem to be a rough turn around time from interview to decision?

How do I know if I am group one or group 2 for the interview? It shows both schedules on my page

Just interviewed here and Penn State is my top pick. Where did you guys find out about the in person tour?
It was on the website under the interview in the application process section. I believe it’s full now. I’m currently waitlisted after interviewing but I think other people who were accepted said there are also second look days coming up.

I'm surprised to get an II this late in the cycle. I thought most schools were full up already. I was house shopping at another school I have an A at, and now I'm wondering about hitting pause on that process.

• Love
I'm surprised to get an II this late in the cycle. I thought most schools were full up already. I was house shopping at another school I have an A at, and now I'm wondering about hitting pause on that process.
that's so exciting though! Glad you got a chance at another opportunity :)