2023-2024 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any November or December interviewees hear back yet? December over here: 7 weeks post-interview tomorrow. Trying to stop compulsively checking this thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Any November or December interviewees hear back yet? December over here: 7 weeks post-interview tomorrow. Trying to stop compulsively checking this thread.
Someone who interviewed mid-November got an OOS A a few weeks ago (guessing 8 week wait). I interviewed Dec too, I technically have another 2 weeks until my 8 week mark. This sucks

Someone who interviewed mid-November got an OOS A a few weeks ago (guessing 8 week wait). I interviewed Dec too, I technically have another 2 weeks until my 8 week mark. This sucks

This is week 8 for me as an early December interview. I think they do batches and we’re (late Nov - mid Dec?) probably next. Hopefully we’ll hear by mid February

Members don't see this ad :)
This is week 8 for me as an early December interview. I think they do batches and we’re (late Nov - mid Dec?) probably next. Hopefully we’ll hear by mid February

Got the A just now lmao!! 12/6 interview

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
interview 12/11, oos a! 505/3.8

is there any accepted students chat?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
interview 12/11, oos a! 505/3.8

is there any accepted students chat?
Congrats!

Our class did not have any official ones until around the second look day event itself or when that invite went out. It should be a Discord link as that's what all our interclass chat is and each class has its own Discord channel (and sometimes groupme but most people want to move away from groupme here lol)

Anyone know how frequently the adcom does post-interview evaluations? Or at least how often they send out decisions? This Hold List decision has me tweaking lol

Anyone know how frequently the adcom does post-interview evaluations? Or at least how often they send out decisions? This Hold List decision has me tweaking lol
N=1 but I interviewed late September and was put on the hold list early December, been wallowing in silence ever since. I think it's probably a waiting game until interviews finish and they decide who on the hold list makes the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
N=1 but I interviewed late September and was put on the hold list early December, been wallowing in silence ever since. I think it's probably a waiting game until interviews finish and they decide who on the hold list makes the waitlist.
The Holdlist and waitlist are two different things?

The Holdlist and waitlist are two different things?
That's my understanding yes, but I could be wrong. The hold list is like a deferred decision, essentially punting a decision on R, WL, or A until some time down the road TBD.

Edit: I'm in the wrong here, started thinking about it and did some research. The hold list is basically the WL for Penn State... I must have gotten things mixed up with a different school that does deferred decisions. Apologies!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
its hard to say in previous years nobody has reported movement from the hold list until after the CTE deadline (that doesn't mean earlier movement hasn't happened, but nobody on here had reported it if it did). that being said there have been several acceptances this cycle reported on here from people who were initially placed on post II hold, so maybe they're doing things a little differently this year.

Late but 🥹🥹🥹🥹 OOS AAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This morning! Interviewed 10/26 504/3.4

Reapplicant.
Last cycle: pre-ii R
This cycle: A 🥹🥹🥹
CANT BELIEVE IMMA BE A DOCTO I go cri now

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Got an A today as well! :)) OOS Interviewed in mid-October (was originally put on hold)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
OOS A today! (1/30)
Interviewed 11/16
Placed on hold 1/10

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Congrats!

Our class did not have any official ones until around the second look day event itself or when that invite went out. It should be a Discord link as that's what all our interclass chat is and each class has its own Discord channel (and sometimes groupme but most people want to move away from groupme here lol)
Random question: are there any resources (question banks, learning materials) that penn state provides? Thank you!!

Congrats!

Where do we find info on the second look day event?

If someone has access to the Discord link for the upcoming class, I’ll appreciate it if someone can share it with me!

Also, when do you recommend we start applying for on-campus housing? @AstroSidekick

If someone has access to the Discord link for the upcoming class, I’ll appreciate it if someone can share it with me!

Also, when do you recommend we start applying for on-campus housing? @AstroSidekick
I called admissions last week and they told me they haven't sent out the information for second look day yet, but that it will be on April 6th

1st A of the cycle yesterday!!!! Interviewed in Dec ... is there a group chat?

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Not sure if someone asked this already.. but the two week turnaround to accept the offer is quite short. Is saying accept now binding or not? Or is it binding after April 30th?

Not sure if someone asked this already.. but the two week turnaround to accept the offer is quite short. Is saying accept now binding or not? Or is it binding after April 30th?
It's not binding and you don't need to make a final decision until April 30
BUT
The school doesn't know what your story is right now, if you have 3 other offers and don't intend to go to their school, they will move along and offer the spot to someone who wants it.
If you're not sure, accept it.

Random question: are there any resources (question banks, learning materials) that penn state provides? Thank you!!
Can neither confirm nor deny as having an online storage of dozens of 3rd party resources and distributing them to other all classmates would be totally illegal and against school policy 😉. We would totally never have anything like that.

No idea when it’s released but I think it was the first weekend in April and people were invited late February?

Apply for on campus housing ASAP! However, if you don’t get on campus housing, lots of great options in Hershey, Hummelstown, and even Harrisburg

No idea when it’s released but I think it was the first weekend in April and people were invited late February?

Apply for on campus housing ASAP! However, if you don’t get on campus housing, lots of great options in Hershey, Hummelstown, and even Harrisburg

Can I message you privately with questions about the housing, especially the off-campus ones, in case the on-campus doesn’t work out?

Can I message you privately with questions about the housing, especially the off-campus ones, in case the on-campus doesn’t work out?
Sure but might take me a few days to get back. I get 5+ messages on here a day lol

How many of those who applied to the 3 year accelerated pathways have been accepted/interviewed here yet? I wanted to send an application relevant to the field I chose (psychiatry) and re-express my interest in this program. Nothing to lose at this point, right?

• Care

I could be wrong but I think I saw under one of the pre matriculation tabs that second look would be 3/28. I’m sure they will give us an exact date close to then

I could be wrong but I think I saw under one of the pre matriculation tabs that second look would be 3/28. I’m sure they will give us an exact date close to then
in the matriculation tab it says 3/28/2023 :/ i made the same mistake

so are the interviews 3 hours long? or will they tell us a specific time in the "Arrival to Zoom room; welcome and overview of day's activities"

it seems like a very long day ahead being on the computer from 7:30am-4:30pm

so are the interviews 3 hours long? or will they tell us a specific time in the "Arrival to Zoom room; welcome and overview of day's activities"

it seems like a very long day ahead being on the computer from 7:30am-4:30pm
nevermind i found the time after submitting the ZAP agreement thing

OOS II. Complete 7/11. Going to turn it down and hopefully it goes to someone else!

Reactions: 7 users
For anyone who was put on hold after II then received an A, did you email or communicate with admissions?