2023-2024 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS complete 8/30. Is the school still sending out IIs?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
10/19 hasn’t heard back?? That was like 12 weeks ago. I gotta be more patient as a December interviewer lol
lol the wait is the worst. I interviewed october as well and nothing. Although maybe now with the holidays over theyll get through them more quickly

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received a pre-II hold or rejection yet?

Question for anyone who has interviewed: do you get your group/interview time before the interview? Or do you have to log in at 7:30am to find out? The interview tab on the portal doesn’t say which group I’m in, but one of the emails seems to suggest I do have a set time so I’m a little confused

Question for anyone who has interviewed: do you get your group/interview time before the interview? Or do you have to log in at 7:30am to find out? The interview tab on the portal doesn’t say which group I’m in, but one of the emails seems to suggest I do have a set time so I’m a little confused
You’re group one :). Group 1 is 7:30, group 2 is 10:30.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Hold, interviewed 10/23. Not surprised though i did not interview well lol

Have they sent post interview rejections too or is it pretty much either an acceptance or a post II hold?

OOS A via email this morning around 11am EST! Interviewed 11/01

Just to confirm, we can "accept" our offer of admission on the secondary portal to reserve our seat but we dont have to pay the deposit until May, right?

Am I going crazy, or did Penn State get rid of their EM Accelerated Program? Or did this never exist in the first place?

Am I going crazy, or did Penn State get rid of their EM Accelerated Program? Or did this never exist in the first place?

I knew someone who was in it so it did exist. I think they said this year they decided to cut down on the accelerated programs and only include primary care or specialties that need more doctors.

Does anyone know if there’s a group chat for accepted students?

Reactions: 1 users
OOS Hold, interviewed 10/23. Not surprised though i did not interview well lol
I didn't interview well either, but it was so hard to answer those super specific questions. I wish the interview was more conversational....

Reactions: 1 users
I’m late — OOS A 1/10 , Interview 10/30 AGHHH I’m going to be a student doctor
->PHYSICIAN!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
to anyone that’s interviewed: do they send out who you will be interviewing with and the timing the morning of? i know they said 11-2 for group two and such but do they tell us our specific 25 min interval (saw this on the interview page for the school)

Last edited:
to anyone that’s interviewed: do they send out who you will be interviewing with and the timing the morning of? i know they said 11-2 for group two and such but do they tell us our specific 25 min interval (saw this on the interview page for the school)
In the "web interview" tab on your portal you should be able to see who your interviewers are and what time exactly your interview is. I can't remember when it appeared exactly but I do remember knowing a few days in advance both who my interviewers were and what time

Can they stop sending "we are thrilled to offer you..." emails?? Lmao

Reactions: 2 users
Can they stop sending "we are thrilled to offer you..." emails?? Lmao

Same lol I thought I was getting a decision and seeing “thrilled” in the email preview did not help at all

Has anyone received an email inviting them for an in-person visit without being accepted? Scheduled for 2/7 interview and visit email was for late February.

Has anyone received an email inviting them for an in-person visit without being accepted? Scheduled for 2/7 interview and visit email was for late February.

Yea the in person visits are for anyone who is invited to interview so you don’t need to have your decision yet

Yea the in person visits are for anyone who is invited to interview so you don’t need to have your decision yet
Historically has it helped here to show demonstrated interest in the program or they don't look at that when making decisions?

OOS II just now! Completed on 8/30
This is my very first interview of this cycle, I am so happy and thankful.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 31 users
OOS II just now! Completed on 8/30
This is my very first interview of this cycle, I am so happy and thankful.

LM Score? Congratulations, best of luck!

Is anyone else who was accepted having issues with logging into the application portal? It says “Your login attempt was not successful.”