2023-2024 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone! I was hoping some one would shed light on my question. I submitted my secondary October 4th ( one week prior to the deadline of October 11th) It'll be a month tomorrow- based off peoples experience.. how long did it take you guys to hear for an interview invite from the time you submitted your secondary? tysmm!
I was complete 10/2 and received an II on 10/16. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Noorda is amazing. Definitely at the top of my last after yesterdays interview. Off topic, but has anyone felt like they did bad and got the A? I don’t think I necessarily did bad, but nerves were definitely high and I’m worried I came across as super nervous lol
I felt like I just did okay on my interview, and I ended up getting an acceptance at Noorda (even with a pretty low gpa and average MCAT). I misunderstood one of my interviewer's questions and initially went off in a totally different direction than what they were going for and overall, I felt like my answers weren't as strong or in-depth as some of my other interviews. I got an A at another school where I felt like it was my worst interview performance so far, and I got waitlisted for a school that I felt was one of my best interviews. I feel like it's easy to pick apart and overanalyze everything, but the reality is that the interviewer(s) might have a completely different perspective about how it went.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Noorda is amazing. Definitely at the top of my last after yesterdays interview. Off topic, but has anyone felt like they did bad and got the A? I don’t think I necessarily did bad, but nerves were definitely high and I’m worried I came across as super nervous lol

I‘m really rooting for you, I see you commenting on threads for a lot of schools that I also applied to, and lately I‘ve been thinking often, „man, I really hope that person ends up as a surgeon one day“ haha, fingers crossed your interview here turns into an A

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I‘m really rooting for you, I see you commenting on threads for a lot of schools that I also applied to, and lately I‘ve been thinking often, „man, I really hope that person ends up as a surgeon one day“ haha, fingers crossed your interview here turns into an A
HAHA THANK YOU MAN. Thought I made this account years ago, safe to say I don’t wanna do surgery anymore LOL. You got this though

Hi everyone! I have my interview with NOORDA on 11/1 and would really appreciate any last minute tips that I should take into consideration. Thank you :)
When did you submit your secondary? just wanted to see when i would potentially get my II. and good luck !!!!!

Withdrew my A today! I love this school so much and I wish you all success!!! GL to everyone this cycle :)

Reactions: 4 users
Not to sound completely paranoid, but has anybody's portal updated with an Admissions Requirements and FAQ tab?

Just curious if this is just a quality of life thing or an indication of something else.

Not to sound completely paranoid, but has anybody's portal updated with an Admissions Requirements and FAQ tab?

Just curious if this is just a quality of life thing or an indication of something else.

Their admissions requirements haven’t changed from what I just read in my portal

Their admissions requirements haven’t changed from what I just read in my portal

Oh! I meant that there are tabs that say that now.

They weren't there yesterday :eek:

Noorda.jpg

What does the requirements tab say? Just their standards and stuff?
Yeah. It just goes to their website.

Ditto with the FAQ tab.

Do you have it on your Noorda portal? Wonder if this means I’m on a pre-II chopping block?

Last edited:

Ditto with the FAQ tab.

Do you have it on your Noorda portal? Wonder if this means I’m on a pre-II chopping block?

I wouldn‘t bet on it meaning anything. They‘re very proud of their technological prowess and seem to have put a lot of thought into things like their website and student portals. They likely just figured it would look nice having an extra section for admissions info on the portal and added it on a whim.

Last edited:

Ditto with the FAQ tab.

I actually do have those as well. They were hidden in a drop down. I’m sure it’s meaningless in terms of II and what not.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn‘t bet on it meaning anything. They‘re very proud of their technological prowess and seem to be updating things on their websites often. They likely just figured it would look nice having an extra section for admissions info on the portal and added it on a whim.

I actually do have those as well. They were hidden in a drop down. I’m sure it’s meaningless in terms of II and what not.

You both are probably right. Apps are just making me jumpy and anxious. Thank you for commenting.

Had my interview earlier today, I think it went very well, easily the least stressful interview I've attended so far. And medical school aside, I'm extremely glad I took the time to visit Provo, because this state is absolutely gorgeous. I've been taking plenty of pictures since I got here on Wednesday. Definitely considering this school a lot more seriously than before.

• Care
WL today, interviewed 10/25. Will be withdrawing from the waitlist. Good luck to everyone!!!

Had my interview earlier today, I think it went very well, easily the least stressful interview I've attended so far. And medical school aside, I'm extremely glad I took the time to visit Provo, because this state is absolutely gorgeous. I've been taking plenty of pictures since I got here on Wednesday. Definitely considering this school a lot more seriously than before.

I know right! Visiting the school does a heck of a lot of convincing in favor of Noorda haha

• Care
Anyone interviewed 10/30? Very nervous for decisions

Man if you have your pharm D I feel like you‘d be a steal of an applicant, it‘ll pan out for you
It's going ok. We'll see! I'm happy to be done with the application/interviewing part. Being pre-med is tough.

Got an A 30 minutes ago! Gonna get tacos tonight :D. Interviewed 10/30, pretty sure I was in the same interview group as PharmDtoMD

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Got the A! :) Time to celebrate! We are gonna be physicians! <3

Congrats to the A’s. Any news on new IIs? October seemed quiet.

• Care
I loved it! The students were very helpful and really made me want to go to the school. The building is gorgeous. I had a great time!
Any notable things that the students mentioned they like about the school?

Any notable things that the students mentioned they like about the school?
Yeah. (If a student is around and can correct me if I’m wrong…please do.) They have people who are trained in physical exams that come in and guide you through how to do the exam. For example, one student said she did a pelvic exam on the person (volunteer/paid actor?) and it was great because they were able to tell her about their specific anatomy and how to do the exam on them. They have a large, high-tech cadaver lab and amazing simulation labs/simulation hospital rooms. They have a clinic built into the school for students to see patients from underserved communities.

Lots of places for students to study and lots of amenities (game room, showers) Everyone seems to be very supportive of being a part of a new type of medical school and they are developing the culture one class at a time.

There’s also golf course behind the school that faculty and students use, and quite the view of the mountains.

I was rejected. Not even a waitlist. It’s over

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
II just now! Submitted 10/24

I picked a virtual interview and the earliest date was for December 8th

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
II just now! Submitted 10/24

I picked a virtual interview and the earliest date was for December 8th

Also got a II. Submitted 9/24.

Picked an in-person interview. Trying something different this time ;)

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Wow
Congrats to all the A’s and good luck to the future interviewees! It’s a great institution

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Hi all. Received II. Scheduled for mid January. Should I be concerned about this being so late? 😰
Super excited tho!

Hi all. Received II. Scheduled for mid January. Should I be concerned about this being so late? 😰
Super excited tho!
Definitely slightly concerned too since it kinda seems late.

Also got a II. Submitted 9/24.

Picked an in-person interview. Trying something different this time ;)
been lurking bw studies, congrats man you deserve it!! PM me for a free mock <3