2023-2024 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn't interview long enough ago to have a decision yet, but how do you access your portal for when the time comes? When I go back to the link that I submitted my secondary through, it just gives me a "thanks for submitting" message.
The portal will update to a “Congratulations on your acceptance to Noorda-COM” message.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm pretty sure I got waitlisted. No email or anything but my portal has a new section "WL information" so that's unfortunate. Congrats to others that got accepted though!
Same :/ Thought my interview went sooooo well too…
But I saw on last years thread people were getting off the waitlist from January all the way to May so who knows what will happen!

Reactions: 3 users
Got accepted today! Received both a text and email

Members don't see this ad :)
But I saw on last years thread people were getting off the waitlist from January all the way to May so who knows what will happen!
Your stats were so high too! I had a 503 MCAT and 3.59 cGPA, 3.47 sGPA, and 3.71 graduate gpa so I didn't have high expectations of getting in. Hopefully we both get accepted of the WL

Your stats were so high too! I had a 503 MCAT and 3.59 cGPA, 3.47 sGPA, and 3.71 graduate gpa so I didn't have high expectations of getting in. Hopefully we both get accepted of the WL
I have similar stats too so could be anything. Looks like we’ll be apart of this thread for a little longer than the rest haha! Keep your hopes up cycle is still going on

I have similar stats too so could be anything. Looks like we’ll be apart of this thread for a little longer than the rest haha! Keep your hopes up cycle is still going on
Yup lol. I have one other interview scheduled with UIWSOM and haven't heard back from the other schools I submitted secondaries to.

Well, my portal updated.... I got WL. Hope y'all fared better!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Well, my portal updated.... I got WL. Hope y'all fared better!
So far I've only seen three people from our interview block get accepted (that are on sdn) could be more, who knows. I guess the only positive is that it's not a rejection but I don't even think Noorda does post interview rejections from what I've seen on here.

So far I've only seen three people from our interview block get accepted (that are on sdn) could be more, who knows. I guess the only positive is that it's not a rejection but I don't even think Noorda does post interview rejections from what I've seen on here.
Yeah, from browsing the past couple years threads I don't think they do Post-I rejections either. Just waitlisted. I haven't received the email yet. But I was really hopeful and optimistic as well. Hopefully there's some movement after December when first deadline to hold your seat passes.

Anyone know if they are doing the Accepted Pending Seat thing again this year? Or is it just one big WL?

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems scary 😦. I heard they’re having a lot of turnover as well- The Dean of the medical school included.
Oh my gosh, that is scary! Especially because I’m a current student here and haven’t heard about this.

In all honestly, try not to speak on things that you can’t confirm. Our Dean, Dr. Dougherty, is still our Dean (you can check that on the Noorda faculty website, lol).

As for board scores, this is average for a first class, which is between 70-90%. Be aware that the scores you are used to seeing posted on schools websites are after all retakes, rather than the raw data. Our updated final scores after retakes aren’t in, so this is expected to go up.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to provide factual information.

Reactions: 9 users
Seems scary 😦. I heard they’re having a lot of turnover as well- The Dean of the medical school included.
First year here, it’s not turnover. He’s on a leave of absence which is not unusual. Could be medical, death in the family etc. It’s none of our business but it’s just temporary (as of now at least). Faculty addressed it at our town hall meeting.

Also as far as the comlex and step scores. They are lower but that is to be expected for the first ever class taking it. There have been a lot of changes made since then like introducing anatomy sooner (the class before me didn’t have this and struggled a little more in the full anatomy course) making dedicated longer etc. It will definitelyyyy go up. What’s great is that the school is making necessary changes.

Reactions: 4 users
I didn't interview long enough ago to have a decision yet, but how do you access your portal for when the time comes? When I go back to the link that I submitted my secondary through, it just gives me a "thanks for submitting" message.

The portal you used to submit your secondary will update with either waitlist information or accepted information.

I saw someone got off the waitlist even in June, so my fingers are crossed

Reactions: 1 users

I looked at the last two years of SDN threads, and I believe I saw one person commenting about a rejection, so either that person interpreted a waitlist as a rejection, or they do rarely send R‘s.

Dang 78 percent pass rate for Comlex seems low

Inaugural classes typically score low for some reason, but even for inaugural classes that score is low, yes. CHSU‘s inaugural class had an 80% pass rate, but their second class had a 95% pass rate, so hopefully that trend continues with Noorda.

Just got the official WL email, any accepted student from 10/11 or others willing to share stats? Just wondering if it’s a stats thing or was the interview.

Just got the official WL email, any accepted student from 10/11 or others willing to share stats? Just wondering if it’s a stats thing or was the interview.

I had a 503 3.4. I felt like my interview went very very well because my interviewer and I had a ton in common and connected really well. I really think in my case that is what tipped the scale for me

I also got the email today. I mentioned my stats a few posts above. I guess it just depends on how well they think you'd fit into their class. I know I messed up with the last part of the interview even though I did really well at the beginning. From last year, it seems like there's a lot of movement on the WL as people who got waitlisted early on did eventually get accepted. Even then, people still declined the acceptance. The only thing we can do is hope we get lucky and get accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted from the 10/11 group, and my stats aren't anything impressive (3.3 cgpa, 3.2 sgpa, and 509 MCAT). I do have a lot of "real life" experiences, though, thanks to being an older non-trad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just received a waitlist decision from my interview on 10/20. Does anyone know if they pick off the waitlist based on when you were added or if it’s just a pool of applicants that they can pick the next best option from?

Last edited:
Just received a waitlist decision from my interview on 10/20. Does anyone know if they pick off the waitlist based on when you were added or if it’s just a pool of applicants that they can pick the next best option from?

In years past they have weighted the waitlist based on how much they wanted each applicant. I think their first year they even let you know where you were on the waitlist; ranging from top 25, top tier, mid tier, and low tier. Last year they only let the applicants know whether or not they were on the regular waitlist or a priority waitlist. This year, I think it’s too much effort to try to do this for us so they just said they won‘t release a ranked waitlist.

I'm withdrawing my A today. Hopefully, one of you awesome folks on the WL gets it! Best of luck everyone :)

Yeah I have a weird feeling they already filled their class with A’s…

Which is odd cause at my II they stated that there were plenty of spots left. I’m sure WL will probably move fast. Just need more time. That’s my hope at least.

Which is odd cause at my II they stated that there were plenty of spots left. I’m sure WL will probably move fast. Just need more time. That’s my hope at least.
Yeah this school is very fluid with their WL. Tbh since you interviewed this early you’re probably going to get an A at some point

This school is unique in that they save seats for each interview day. So, even if you interview on the last day, there is still a potential A for you.
Ah. That is interesting.

…if you can get a II XD.

Hi everyone! I have my interview with NOORDA on 11/1 and would really appreciate any last minute tips that I should take into consideration. Thank you :)

Hi everyone! I have my interview with NOORDA on 11/1 and would really appreciate any last minute tips that I should take into consideration. Thank you :)
Just be yourself, it’s very conversational so don’t have automated responses to questions. Look over the interview thread to see specific questions and have answers to those. Good luck!

It‘s not too important, but try to make sure you‘ve watched all the dean‘s talks videos they sent you so that you have good questions for your interviewer.

I had my interview this morning. I really love the school and what Noorda is doing. I also like that they try to get back to you post-interview in 2 weeks. I had great vibes and energy with the medical applicants and students! My interview also gave me a lot of great vibes.

Reactions: 6 users
Noorda is amazing. Definitely at the top of my last after yesterdays interview. Off topic, but has anyone felt like they did bad and got the A? I don’t think I necessarily did bad, but nerves were definitely high and I’m worried I came across as super nervous lol

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone! I was hoping some one would shed light on my question. I submitted my secondary October 4th ( one week prior to the deadline of October 11th) It'll be a month tomorrow- based off peoples experience.. how long did it take you guys to hear for an interview invite from the time you submitted your secondary? tysmm!