2023-2024 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the A as well +1!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if being interviewed in December puts you at a disadvantage?
The only disadvantage would be them having less seats available. So i’m sure the acceptance rate decreases a little bit but if you stand out and have a good interview then chances would look good

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! I got an interview here for 8/25, but still have no received details on my interview such as location and such. Has anyone received an email regarding further info?

Anyone know the dress code for the open house on 8/26? Was thinking about wearing khaki pants and long-sleeve button down.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is 8/26 open house only in person or is there a virtual option too?

I would do business casual since that’s what they expect for students!
Yes, business casual for the open house. Make sure to dress comfortably, as you'll be walking a fair bit and spending some time outside transitioning between the sim center and main building.

Yes, business casual for the open house. Make sure to dress comfortably, as you'll be walking a fair bit and spending some time outside transitioning between the sim center and main building.

Dress pants and a polo or make sure it’s long sleeve button down?

Hello! I got an interview here for 8/25, but still have no received details on my interview such as location and such. Has anyone received an email regarding further info?

I am interviewing on 8/25 as well and received an email this Monday with the schedule and my interview time along with all the details. Definitely reach out to admissions!!

502 MCAT, 3.68 sGPA, 3.72GPA, traditional applicant :). Fingers crossed for everyone!

To those who got II, how long did it take after your application was complete and in review?

Got my official acceptance letter in the mail! What a nice touch :)

Wow you guys already have acceptances. My interview is not until late October. 😭

First II! Complete Aug 23rd

I was just placed on the interview waitlist. Does anyone know if there is typically any movement from this list? Even if it’s near the end of the cycle?

I was just placed on the interview waitlist. Does anyone know if there is typically any movement from this list? Even if it’s near the end of the cycle?
what does this mean? You are on a waitlist to interview, or did you already interview and they put you on waitlist after? (sorry new here)

what does this mean? You are on a waitlist to interview, or did you already interview and they put you on waitlist after? (sorry new here)

Sometimes schools will take applicants that they are potentially interested in, but not interested in enough at the moment to grant them an interview, and place them on hold without offering an interview or rejecting them. Theoretically, if several months from now they start needing to pull people off of their actual waitlist, they might pull people off hold for interviews and interview them to replace the people who were taken off the waitlist. I‘ve seen it happen in the past where people are taken off the interview waitlist as late as July, invited to interview, placed on the actual waitlist, and then offered acceptance. I was just wondering how often that sort of thing happens at a school like ACOM.

Sometimes schools will take applicants that they are potentially interested in, but not interested in enough at the moment to grant them an interview, and place them on hold without offering an interview or rejecting them. Theoretically, if several months from now they start needing to pull people off of their actual waitlist, they might pull people off hold for interviews and interview them to replace the people who were taken off the waitlist. I‘ve seen it happen in the past where people are taken off the interview waitlist as late as July, invited to interview, placed on the actual waitlist, and then offered acceptance. I was just wondering how often that sort of thing happens at a school like ACOM.
ohhhhh got it! Thank you for the explanation :)

Hello! My application checklist has been at 86% for about 3 weeks. The only thing that has not been checked on is my physician's letter. My application was completed on August 3. Has this happened to anyone?

Hello! My application checklist has been at 86% for about 3 weeks. The only thing that has not been checked on is my physician's letter. My application was completed on August 3. Has this happened to anyone?

I had the same thing happen to my application and I just called them and they got back super fast and fixed it!