2023-2024 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was able to register but everything is booked up until January. :( was anyone who recently received interview able to register for an earlier date?
I'd keep checking the portal every day until an earlier date opens up! Chances are someone will cancel their interview before January.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I signed up for in person September ending
In-person was showing January dates. How do we know the available dates if I want to change to an earlier date? Virtual showed dates in November, but when I selected on register, it showed me the January dates Do we need to unregister the current date and then register the date

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
In-person was showing January dates. How do we know the available dates if I want to change to an earlier date? Virtual showed dates in November, but when I selected on register, it showed me the January dates Do we need to unregister the current date and then register the date
That’s how their system is

I signed up for a January Zoom slot. Do they email you if an earlier slot opens or do I just need to keep my eyes peeled?

When do people usually find out about their A, waitlist, or R after interviewing? Does anyone know how often the adcom committee meets?

When do people usually find out about their A, waitlist, or R after interviewing? Does anyone know how often the adcom committee meets?
I interviewed Aug 25th and received a phone call with an A on Sept 1st. Such a great experience thus far and definitely at the top of my list!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else hear back from 9/8? Those of you that have - did your portal reflect a change?

Congrats to those that got the A!

Anyone else hear back from 9/8? Those of you that have - did your portal reflect a change?

Congrats to those that got the A!
There was about a ~2 business day delay from the call that I received. Portal status change about two business days later with an email. Official letter in the mail about 10 days later which was a great touch.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received, "The Admissions Committee has not selected you for an interview at this time." Does this mean I have been rejected? Did anyone receive this kind of email? Thanks.

Could a current ACOM student share what medical equipment they were required to purchase before orientation?

Does anyone from the 9/8 interview know if it's guaranteed that we would be hearing something back by today?

I received, "The Admissions Committee has not selected you for an interview at this time." Does this mean I have been rejected? Did anyone receive this kind of email? Thanks.

Does it have anything after the message? From my experience, you can either get a complete rejection or an interview hold, depending on the wording.

Has anyone else from 9/8 interview heard anything back yet?

Does it have anything after the message? From my experience, you can either get a complete rejection or an interview hold, depending on the wording.
I haven't received anything yet through my second attempt MCAT scores will be out very soon and I am hoping for a better score.

How long after submitting secondaries did it take everyone to show 100%? and also before hearing back for II or pre-r/r

Also got in! No phone call just email

Just received the official email and letter in the mail with my acceptance!

Interview 9/8.
Received an acceptance via email today, with no call. Congrats to everyone else accepted today!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an II this week...OOS ...Secondary complete early Sept...The only avail interview dates were in January 2024

Congrats to all of the recent A’s! We have an accepted students GroupMe if you guys would like to join :)

For those who virtually interviewed, how many days before the interview date did you receive the formal agenda and Zoom information? Not seeing anything in the portal/my inbox yet. Thanks!

Anybody attending in person interview at ACOM?
For those who virtually interviewed, how many days before the interview date did you receive the formal agenda and Zoom information? Not seeing anything in the portal/my inbox yet. Thanks!
when is your interview?

Rising OMS-3, currently in dedicated for boards. Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have about ACOM, Dothan, or HPSP. Wishing you all the best of luck this cycle!

Good evening,
I just sent you a PM with some questions.

Hey Can I pm you about your experience during the interview.

Sure. That goes for anyone else too.

In case anyone else is lurking and is curious about general opinion. My opinion of this school before attending the interview was 7/10, and after the interview easily 10/10. I was incredibly impressed and will have nothing but positive things to say about ACOM even if I decide not to matriculate here.

For those who received A's in the past week, have you received an email about the deposit and other information?

secondary invite, I'm thrilled! Low undergrad gpa, high masters GPA and 506 mcat if that helps anyone.

any first year student that I can pm? I have some questions!

Did anyone who recently received an interview only have virtual options open all the way in Feb? In person options were available in Jan

Did anyone who recently received an interview only have virtual options open all the way in Feb? In person options were available in Jan
You can set up a chrome extension that will notify you when an earlier slot opens up. I forgot the name of the extension I used, but it worked out for me. Interviewed 9/22, has anyone heard back yet? Based on what others have said, should be soon so was wondering.

Are any current acom students willing to chat about their experience at acom?