2023-2024 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
To those of you getting waitlisted, don’t let it get you down. There is a LOT of waitlist movement here. I received an acceptance off the waitlist July 10th…just for some perspective.

Reactions: 1 user
Am wondering if my in-person Sept end interview is late! Any inputs?

How long does it take for ACOM to complete/ review your application? I submitted 7/31 and I was told they review LORs every Monday so that’s when I would potentially be complete and under review

Once LORs finally go through, how long does it take for an app to be complete and what’s the timeline after being complete that you get an interview ?

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone with a sub 500 gotten accepted?
As a person with a sub 500, I was initially rejected, but later put on interview hold after chatting with their admissions coordinator.

…so probably not, I’m guessing. They were very focused on my meh MCAT.

Congratulations to all that got accepted! Im jealous of yall because now you have a full year to relax unlike me that got off of a waitlist a month prior to class

Congratulations to all that got accepted! Im jealous of yall because now you have a full year to relax unlike me that got off of a waitlist a month prior to class

As happy I would be, I would be freaking out if I got off a month before school started . Kudos to you

To the folks who already interviewed-Are the questions you were asked similar to the ones that can be found on the interview feedback tab here? thanks

Is it worth it to apply with a 49x sub 3.3cGPA or is it just a donation to the school. Planning on retaking

For those who have interviewed already, do we need to have our cameras on for the group presentation?

As a person with a sub 500, I was initially rejected, but later put on interview hold after chatting with their admissions coordinator.

…so probably not, I’m guessing. They were very focused on my meh MCAT.

How did you manage to get on interview hold? I’m in the same boat :/

How did you manage to get on interview hold? I’m in the same boat :/
Chat with the admissions coordinator. From there, she can email the folks in charge and sometimes that shifts things.

Of course, no assurance that my situation is going to amount to anything, but it is something a smidge different.

got an II but only date i can choose is December, are they really all booked until then?

got an II but only date i can choose is December, are they really all booked until then?
I think so. I got a II in July and earliest dates were September. I think they really front-load their IIs. I don't think a December interview would hurt your chances at all, though.

Reactions: 1 users
I think so. I got a II in July and earliest dates were September. I think they really front-load their IIs. I don't think a December interview would hurt your chances at all, though.
I appreciate the response! I figured the seats would be full by then?

Chat with the admissions coordinator. From there, she can email the folks in charge and sometimes that shifts things.

Of course, no assurance that my situation is going to amount to anything, but it is something a smidge different.

Is there a name/email ?

Congratulations!! Would you say the interview invite feedback is a good representation of the actual interview?
I think the interview experience varies and is dependent on who interviews you. Mine was extremely conversational, laid back and easy going.

Just got the A!!!! Let’s ****ing go! Happy tears in the Chick-fil-A drive through. Interviewed 8/11

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just got A via email!!!! Interviewed 8/11! I’m going to be a doctor!!!!!!!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just received word I have been waitlisted. Any advice? Interviewed last Friday 8/11. TIA
Fellow waitlister from 7/28. Lots of movement off the WL with ACOM. Chin up and gotta hope for the best!

• Care