2023-2024 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS A also! From top third of waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This has to be a record with how fast they got those out ! Thats great for all of us still waiting

Also congrats to you all hopefully I’ll be joining you all as your classmate .

Reactions: 3 users
My son was top 3rd waiting list and got notification of acceptance today. Just for those out there, I believe they got into second 3rd last year, though it appears that does not happen every year
Top 3rd for BSOM ?

getting super nervous, cant believe waitlist movement already started.. top 3rd haven't heard back yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How y’all doing —my waitlist folks —did anyone attend the closer look —how was it ?

i’ve read some stuff about the faculty being on strike a few years ago and several professors leaving due to problems with admin, so i just wanted to see if anyone knew if that has changed since then? it seems like all the professors and students i came across were very kind and welcoming so i was surprised to read this

How was the closer look for those who went?
I liked it! They presented the information well but I didn’t feel like I learned anything new. Most everything was already mentioned on their website or in the videos they sent before interviews.

They did a demo of what their lectures look like which I also liked.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
did they send out more acceptances on Friday ?? Anyone know or received any on 4/19/2024

For those accepted off the waiting list last week, is the enrollment form that was sent a Plan to Enroll or a Commitment to Enroll. The time frame to make a decision is basically up to the time in which students are required to go down to one acceptance. Just wondering about whether this is signed whether the applicant still has the opportunity to be considered for waiting lists from other schools that might tender an offer after the pick one school deadline. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Was accepted on 4/19, top 3rd of the waitlist, declined the offer!

For those accepted off the waiting list last week, is the enrollment form that was sent a Plan to Enroll or a Commitment to Enroll. The time frame to make a decision is basically up to the time in which students are required to go down to one acceptance. Just wondering about whether this is signed whether the applicant still has the opportunity to be considered for waiting lists from other schools that might tender an offer after the pick one school deadline. Thanks for any advice you can give.
The document you have to sign is not binding. It's basically to let them know whether you accept the acceptance or decline it. You can still hold waitlist offers from other schools once you've signed the document they sent

It only makes you wonder what number spot you hold in top third —when they have sent out so many acceptances from the waitlist already
Agreed! Idek what to think anymore, also on the same boat w 2 other waitlists. Anxiety is reaching insane levels.

Does anyone know when is the white coat ceremony being held this year ?

Does anyone know if there is a new estimated cost of attendance for 2024-2025? On their website, I was able to find for 2022-2023, but I imagine it's changed by now...

A lot of movement will happen around May 1 I imagine .

A lot of movement will happen around May 1 I imagine .
theyre having delays with fafsa this year, so this might affect accepted students decision to commit until they receive it. just worried about how this will prolong the waitlist period

theyre having delays with fafsa this year, so this might affect accepted students decision to commit until they receive it. just worried about how this will prolong the waitlist period
Oh yes, this is another thing that was mentioned at the closer look

Financial aid packages will likely be delayed which could delay students decisions which would delay waitlist movement

Really really hoping for some miracle to happen and that we all find out sooner

For those curious, Im a current M1 who was also on the WL and top third and I didn’t receive my acceptance until 5/19. I know the stress and anxiety of waiting in this void is worse than anything else. Stay positive and try not to obsess over checking your email 100x like I did lol. Feel free to pm me w any questions.
See you guys in the fall!

• Love
This is very random, but what exams need to be done before med school in terms of TB tests, vaccinations etc ?