2023-2024 Texas Tech Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-matched as well!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Prematched as well!!! When do we find out if we got into the dual degree programs?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
And I will be watching my email like a hawk. :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
If you pre-matched/got accepted and have any questions, please feel free to PM me. I'm a current student.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Prematched as well!!! When do we find out if we got into the dual degree programs?
What dual-degree program are you in? The MBA is the most popular one and acceptance into the MD program guarantees a spot in the MBA program if you applied dual-degree. You still have to submit an application to TTU, but the business college just treats it like a formality. The MPH is also guaranteed. The engineering MS is so new that I don't know anything about it and the PhD program is very small and has its own special timeline that I am also not certain about.

Congrats to everyone who prematched! Y’all deserve everything and so much more!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Prematched earlier today!

Does anyone know if by filling out the Offer Response, am I accepting just the pre-match offer? And then we rank schools still later in February?

• Love
Prematched earlier today!

Does anyone know if by filling out the Offer Response, am I accepting just the pre-match offer? And then we rank schools still later in February?
You can accept/reply to all the pre-match offers you get. It's uncommon to get several, but it does happen.
These are real offers of admission but are not binding, as all the TMDSAS schools know the final school gets determined in the TMDSAS Match for Texas residents.

• Care
Will schools still be sending out interview invites, even when they’re sending prematch offers? Are the committees for those separate or will one committee just manage both at the same time?

Will schools still be sending out interview invites, even when they’re sending prematch offers? Are the committees for those separate or will one committee just manage both at the same time?
They are managed by the same folks and we have more chances for interviews through January

Do I have to put the $100 guarantee fee down even if I am not 100% set on attending Tech LBK?

II today!! SO EXCITED, started to doubt myself. Completed in the first week of August. LM 68. PLEASE GIVE ME INTERVIEW TIPS SO I CAN SECURE THAT A!!

Reactions: 5 users
II today!! SO EXCITED, started to doubt myself. Completed in the first week of August. LM 68. PLEASE GIVE ME INTERVIEW TIPS SO I CAN SECURE THAT A!!
They are all SO nice and conversational. Cliche, but just be yourself and have a nice chat! They just want to get to know you and make sure you are who you say you are on paper!

Reactions: 2 users
They are all SO nice and conversational. Cliche, but just be yourself and have a nice chat! They just want to get to know you and make sure you are who you say you are on paper!
Thank you! That helps so much :)

The $100 fee is due October 29th, do I need to make the payment even if I’m not certain I’ll attend?

prematched

is there a groupme for prematches?
The current MS1 class president will make a Facebook Group and Discord and send out invitations to accepted students sometime in January or so..

II OOS, LM ~64. Looks like the earliest date is dec 1. Complete late august.

Last edited:
Anyone have an interview calendar for Lubbock in terms of when they end.
From my end dec 1 was the only date to choose. Nothing sooner nothing later. Possibly pre determined and those offered interviews later will have a similar later date as the only available option. I know they normally interview until around late January though.

My thirst continues to deepen day after day for a TTUHSC ii. Completed 9/11 so I probably need to be a little more patient, but the wait is absolutely brutal.

Completed July 11th and still haven’t heard from Texas schools. Did everything in Lubbock: undergrad, shadowing, EMS, volunteering, and even some of my research. I know there’s still time, but after 3 months I’m losing hope. I don’t even care about the other Texas schools anymore, I just want Tech.

• Care
Completed July 11th and still haven’t heard from Texas schools. Did everything in Lubbock: undergrad, shadowing, EMS, volunteering, and even some of my research. I know there’s still time, but after 3 months I’m losing hope. I don’t even care about the other Texas schools anymore, I just want Tech.
I feel your pain. Born and raised in West Texas, went to Tech and did all of my stuff through Tech and the HSC. I’ve got 2000 clinical hours at their learning hospital UMC.

Just trying to keep patient but it’s getting harder and harder

• Care
I feel your pain. Born and raised in West Texas, went to Tech and did all of my stuff through Tech and the HSC. I’ve got 2000 clinical hours at their learning hospital UMC.

Just trying to keep patient but it’s getting harder and harder

Our time will come

• Care
So I interviewed here on 10/18, just a few days ago. Im an OOS applicant. How long do you think before I hear of a decision? They said OOS applicants are on rolling admissions (we don't undergo match), and I see some As have already gone out. I really like this school, just wondering how long til I might hear back...

This is why I applied EDP, I just wanted Tech. I built a life in Lubbock going to Tech undergrad and working at UMC and CMC. I was content knowing I put all of my eggs in Tech's basket, and would have to apply again if I did not get in. I poured my heart out for the area and the school on my primary and secondary and it paid off with an A. Not saying its for everyone, but for me who was sold on going to Tech, it was a golden ticket and I recommend it to anyone in a similar boat.

Reactions: 4 users
This is why I applied EDP, I just wanted Tech. I built a life in Lubbock going to Tech undergrad and working at UMC and CMC. I was content knowing I put all of my eggs in Tech's basket, and would have to apply again if I did not get in. I poured my heart out for the area and the school on my primary and secondary and it paid off with an A. Not saying its for everyone, but for me who was sold on going to Tech, it was a golden ticket and I recommend it to anyone in a similar boat.
I wish I could’ve done that honestly. I completed my masters in August and was super busy with the program that I didn’t get my primary in until 7/20, took my MCAT on 7/28, and got secondaries in on 9/11. Just a little behind everyone else but I’m still hoping all will end up okay. I’m grateful for my TCOM interview on Friday but I would love the chance at just 1 MD interview.

So I interviewed here on 10/18, just a few days ago. Im an OOS applicant. How long do you think before I hear of a decision? They said OOS applicants are on rolling admissions (we don't undergo match), and I see some As have already gone out. I really like this school, just wondering how long til I might hear back...
It really depends. It seems that most OOS get accepted on 10/15 or on the WL. It might be until April when you hear back.

• Hmm
for accepting a prematch offer, on the portal it says to submit final transcripts to the school - do yall know if this has to be done in addition to sending transcripts to TMDSAS? i got an email earlier this week from TMDSAS telling me to submit my transcripts which i just did and so i'm not sure if we also need to send transcripts directly to the school as well