2023-2024 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If any current students could share their experience with your campus (BCS, Willowbrook, etc) and/or what you've heard about other campuses from colleagues, that'd be a saving grace to have. Hard to find much info on these campuses. Even if y'all are in M2, would love to hear your experience so far or some pros/cons

And btw, are exams in-house? I know they def are not all NBME but not sure if there's some mixture of what's used

Members don't see this ad.

If any current students could share their experience with your campus (BCS, Willowbrook, etc) and/or what you've heard about other campuses from colleagues, that'd be a saving grace to have. Hard to find much info on these campuses. Even if y'all are in M2, would love to hear your experience so far or some pros/cons
Read this post, 2023-2024 Texas A&M
And search for numerous posts by this member as well as @Deltasidearm in this thread

Reactions: 3 users
Am I the only one that gets randomly excited just thinking ima be an Aggie? I did it mama 🥲. This stuff has me shedding gangsta tears

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
what are we all thinking abt campus designations? Is it just go back home for most ppl (or closest to?)-haven’t really got much to go off of for the differences/similarities and it’s like 2wk left…

Reactions: 1 user
Are there any current students I could talk to? Trying to get some more info about the Dallas campus!

What did everyone think of todays workshop? It felt helpful but I do wish it was more specific to individuals/ less general info

Anyone receive a scholarship from A&M yet? I know they give few but it must still be out there

Does anyone know when they will be sending welcome packets?

Does anyone have thoughts on if EnMed matches well to competitive residencies and specialties outside of texas? As an OOS student hoping to do orthopedic surgery and match back to CA, looking at their match list this year had me a little worried... but the list could also just be due to many texas residents wanting to stay in state for residency.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have thoughts on if EnMed matches well to competitive residencies and specialties outside of texas? As an OOS student hoping to do orthopedic surgery and match back to CA, looking at their match list this year had me a little worried... but the list could also just be due to many texas residents wanting to stay in state for residency.
Just a personal opinion but matching back to Cal from anywhere - into ortho- is kind of a wishing for lottery.

People applying from anywhere to Ortho apply widely and hope for the best. Very few have the luxury of going to a specific state or a program.

Just a personal opinion but matching back to Cal from anywhere - into ortho- is kind of a wishing for lottery.

People applying from anywhere to Ortho apply widely and hope for the best. Very few have the luxury of going to a specific state or a program.
thats a good point, makes a lot of sense for ortho! how about for other specialties? in general, from EnMed, do you think matching to programs in California will be very difficult?

thats a good point, makes a lot of sense for ortho! how about for other specialties? in general, from EnMed, do you think matching to programs in California will be very difficult?
Texas ain't THAT bad. Jk jk, I know how it is if you got fam in a state

Btw, just saw this PDF from AMCAS (seems to be a new one that they're tracking data for) about tuition. A&M has $0 under health insurance. Anyone know if A&M has student health insurance plans?

Btw, just saw this PDF from AMCAS (seems to be a new one that they're tracking data for) about tuition. A&M has $0 under health insurance. Anyone know if A&M has student health insurance plans?
@Sandman23 all schools offer something or if you are under age 26 and still covered on your parents’ policy you can prove that and opt out.

Natives of Cal usually match to programs that have lots of spots. i.e., internal medicine.

All other fields, one must be competitive. EnMed has been around only a short time and it is hard to say one can do this or that but most Texas programs match to many programs in Cal including competitive ones. Several people at Stanford and UCLA have gone from Baylor and UT Houston and one would expect EnMed to be providing similar training coming from med center.

Natives of Cal usually match to programs that have lots of spots. i.e., internal medicine.

All other fields, one must be competitive. EnMed has been around only a short time and it is hard to say one can do this or that but most Texas programs match to many programs in Cal including competitive ones. Several people at Stanford and UCLA have gone from Baylor and UT Houston and one would expect EnMed to be providing similar training coming from med center.
Just went thru several match lists for Ortho and found none of these schools have any in Cal.

A&M includes EnMed and @wysdoc may know if any of them are from EnMed. @wysdoc mentioned missing a Derm match at Penn and one for Urology for EnMed in this list.
I have seen past lists having double digit ortho from 2-3 Texas schools in same year.

baylor 12
UTSW 9
A&M 6
McGovern 7
Dell 2
UTMB 7
Lubbock 4
El Paso 2

Separate from the traffic rules, what's the CTE deadline for A&M specifically?

WHERE MY AGGIES ATTTTT!!!! WHY IS THIS THREAD SO DEAD. Aggie crew, stand up

Nfl Draft Football GIF by USC Trojans

WHERE MY AGGIES ATTTTT!!!! WHY IS THIS THREAD SO DEAD. Aggie crew, stand up

Nfl Draft Football GIF by USC Trojans
there's not much to do or say right now, until A&M knows who is definitely going to matriculate. Then you will get onboarding instructions I'm sure.
Glad you're excited about it tho!

there's not much to do or say right now, until A&M knows who is definitely going to matriculate. Then you will get onboarding instructions I'm sure.
Glad you're excited about it tho!
I know, I know. But you'd think there'd be more hype when we all know that the A&M C/O 2028 is gonna be a monster of a class 😤....I can only imagine

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
waitlist is a chain reaction. Someone has to leave Baylor/UTSW/Dell/McGovern/UTMB/A&M

Anyone have an updated curriculum schematic for 2023-24? Only could find this one:

Curriculum (from 22-23).png

The way I’m crossing every finger for the chain to react
I have a friend who got in somewhere else and pulled their A&M acceptance recently! So there should be some movement in the near future.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
The what what?
MSPE adjectives*

As in, code language like "outstanding," "excellent," "good," "capable" for ranking. Ik they don't have ranking for pre-clinical but they do base AOA solely on 3rd year & that implies ranking. Just wondering if they also include adjectives on their MSPE

MSPE adjectives*

As in, code language like "outstanding," "excellent," "good," "capable" for ranking. Ik they don't have ranking for pre-clinical but they do base AOA solely on 3rd year & that implies ranking. Just wondering if they also include adjectives on their MSPE
Why are you assuming A&M is using adjectives instead of a rank?

Usually anyone using a verbal rank will provide an indicator that tells the reader about what it means (outstanding is assigned to top 5 or 10 people in class versus excellent for 1op 15% vs good for 15-50 etc). Adjectives will still translate to a rank or group percentile

Why are you assuming A&M is using adjectives instead of a rank?

Usually anyone using a verbal rank will provide an indicator that tells the reader about what it means (outstanding is assigned to top 5 or 10 people in class versus excellent for 1op 15% vs good for 15-50 etc). Adjectives will still translate to a rank or group percentile
Idk if they use adjectives or not, which is why I ask. It's a school-specific question. Using adjectives doesn't supersede ranking. It's hinting at ranking so I honestly dk how it'd assume that it's being used instead of rank.

All that to say, I'm just askin if they use adjectives or not - it's not something I can pick up based on any other things

Idk if they use adjectives or not, which is why I ask. It's a school-specific question. Using adjectives doesn't supersede ranking. It's hinting at ranking so I honestly dk how it'd assume that it's being used instead of rank.

All that to say, I'm just askin if they use adjectives or not - it's not something I can pick up based on any other things
Are you aware of any public schools assigning adjectives?

Here's a screenshot from a current student's post (see 2nd reply in post). Having done some digging at quite a few private & more so public schools that I interviewed at, adjectives don't seem to depend on private/public status. It really is a school-specific decision, just like NBME vs in-house is

Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 2.50.02 PM.png

what about the rest of the adjectives? Most schools already have AOA and gold humanist for top 10 to 25% of the class. being labelled something for top 5% seems very limiting since it only applies to 10 or so at most places.