2023-2024 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL OOS email just sent now

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Another OOS WL for me. This one hurt a little more cause my interviewer told me he was going to make sure I was at TAMU in the fall:/

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
IS MD Waitlist email received... but I'm following my heart to UTMB!

Declined my waitlist offer. Hoping it goes to one of y'all! Best of luck :)

Reactions: 1 users
IS MD Waitlist email received... but I'm following my heart to UTMB!

Declined my waitlist offer. Hoping it goes to one of y'all! Best of luck :)
Surprised you ranked A&M above UTMB unless it is EnMed.

Surprised you ranked A&M above UTMB unless it is EnMed.
it came down to $$/family decisions. A&M would have been significantly cheaper over the 4 years and allowed me to stay with my family (provided that I got the round rock campus lol). so I put it first. it was my "logical" and "comfort zone" choice.

but my favorite school, where my heart was, was UTMB. I went into the match deciding "if A&M doesnt pick me and UTMB does, the universe is telling me to send it and go live my best life." and that's exactly what happened! :)

• Love
Just curious why UTMB is viewed above A&M. I haven't honestly thought of comparing the two
UTMB is much older and had been higher ranked in the past. It is also more centralized in terms of being mostly on one campus for 4 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the fafsa federal school code for this school 003632 (the same as their undergrad)?

They have previously offered a pre-match celebration (Jan), sometimes a second look weekend (Mar/Apr), and then M1 welcome (May)
Anyone know when second look weekend is gonna happen? Also would be super duper ooper helpful to know when M1 welcome is going on in May - I'm tryna get a vacay for myself together in May but don't wanna miss out on M1 welcome

Anyone know when second look weekend is gonna happen? Also would be super duper ooper helpful to know when M1 welcome is going on in May - I'm tryna get a vacay for myself together in May but don't wanna miss out on M1 welcome
wouldnt that be in july? around when classes start

Im not sure for this year but previous m1 welcome was May 27th so Id plan for around that time

The more I think about A&M, the more hyped I get. AGGIE SQUADDDDD

Excited National Football League GIF by Houston Texans

I don't know 2 cents about the NFL.....ain't I such a good fit for A&M. I'm just hyped
NFL is lame. I won't lie... I let college football influence where I applied way too much.

• Haha
fully withdrew my app and also matched to a different school but got a rejection email anyway #woooo

• Okay...
fully withdrew my app and also matched to a different school but got a rejection email anyway #woooo
It seems to happen every year for A&M where they send rejections to people who matched at a higher ranked school.

• Haha
This is the only thing I will use the phrase “safe to assume” on:
If you have not interviewed by TMDSAS match day, you are safe to assume you are rejected.
I find it kind of odd that different people are receiving pre II rejections on different dates. They should issued them all on same day.

Does holding a seat at another school lessen the chance of getting off a waitlist? Would a TMDSAS school be more likely to send an offer to someone with no match?

Does holding a seat at another school lessen the chance of getting off a waitlist? Would a TMDSAS school be more likely to send an offer to someone with no match?
I don't think they can see this info, it would only matter after May 15th when they can only extend offers to those who have no offers

hello! does anyone have insight on how EnMed grading system works? Also they have internal rankings/if so how are they determined? Couldn't find a full explanation online.

I heard A&M doesn't have that many IS scholarship opportunities. Ain't no portal or nothing for scholarships tho? I saw UTMB has one. I know some schools don't require you to manually apply for scholarships but would love to know if that's the case or not at A&M

I tried some online digging but it kinda sends you for a loop when you click "Find Scholarships" at the bottom of Scholarships & Financial Aid, which guides you to Graduate/Professional Student Scholarships & when you click under "School of Medicine", it has a hyperlink back to the Scholarships & Financial Aid page

I heard A&M doesn't have that many IS scholarship opportunities. Ain't no portal or nothing for scholarships tho? I saw UTMB has one. I know some schools don't require you to manually apply for scholarships but would love to know if that's the case or not at A&M

I tried some online digging but it kinda sends you for a loop when you click "Find Scholarships" at the bottom of Scholarships & Financial Aid, which guides you to Graduate/Professional Student Scholarships & when you click under "School of Medicine", it has a hyperlink back to the Scholarships & Financial Aid page

yeah there isn't any portal for scholarships. If there are opportunities you'll get an email about the scholarship.

I just received an email for a scholarship today, and I didn't apply for anything. I'm assuming you don't have to apply and will be notified via email if you receive one.

I just received an email for a scholarship today, and I didn't apply for anything. I'm assuming you don't have to apply and will be notified via email if you receive one.
Your message is unclear. Are you saying you received a scholarship or a message about applying for one.

Btw if pre-clerkship is 1 or 1.5 yrs and each clerkship is still the same length (6-8 weeks), what is the remaining time used towards that wasn’t originally available before condensing pre-clerkship?

I found the curriculum page but can't seem to find a curriculum map to answer my question

Btw if pre-clerkship is 1 or 1.5 yrs and each clerkship is still the same length (6-8 weeks), what is the remaining time used towards that wasn’t originally available before condensing pre-clerkship?

I found the curriculum page but can't seem to find a curriculum map to answer my question
Are you saying they are condensing preclerkship to 1.5 years at A&M?

Are you saying they are condensing preclerkship to 1.5 years at A&M?
It's already been condensed. "Students in the pre-clerkship portion of the curriculum (approximately 18 months) do not take separate courses"

Source: Curriculum Overview

It's apparently 1 yr for all campuses except Houston, which is 1.5 years

It's already been condensed. "Students in the pre-clerkship portion of the curriculum (approximately 18 months) do not take separate courses"

Source: Curriculum Overview

It's apparently 1 yr for all campuses except Houston, which is 1.5 years
Thats not how it works.

There are people going to other campuses who continue with their preclerkship and your duration is not determined by location but rather required completion of all preclerkship segments. So you complete whatever at College station, go to the designated campus and continue with additional classes.

I know someone in 3rd year now who came home dec 2022, continued some classes for another 2 months in Houston, got a break for step I and then started rotations in April or May last year. They now have one required rotation left and then get time for step II.

Found the attached on the interview packet. Seems like 1.5 yrs across all campuses for pre-clerkship with last 6 months taken at that campus. My bad about preclerkship length confusion.

Attachments

• IMG_2466.jpeg
    IMG_2466.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: 1 users