2023-2024 Texas Tech Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II received!

I got so excited I tried to log on to the secondary portal and accidentally locked myself out. Any idea how long it takes before I can sign back in lol?

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Once we receive an II, Is the interview the final deciding factor? Or, after being shortlisted for the interview, will our stats and essays still be considered alongside our interview performance in the final selection process?

Members don't see this ad :)
Think during orientation for one school they said that they gather again and take everything into account before voting where you are on the rank list.

Reactions: 1 user
Once we receive an II, Is the interview the final deciding factor? Or, after being shortlisted for the interview, will our stats and essays still be considered alongside our interview performance in the final selection process?
It has to be only a part of the final decision, everything about you considered.

IS II received today at 4:30; ORM LM 75; Complete 7/24.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Interviewed here today and I might be in love. Everyone was SO nice, the interviews were so relaxed and the facilities and opportunities seem just as plentiful as anywhere!

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed here today and I might be in love. Everyone was SO nice, the interviews were so relaxed and the facilities and opportunities seem just as plentiful as anywhere!
Literally same! They are so so nice!

Reactions: 2 users
IS II! Received rn! Complete 6/15. Don't lose hope my early applicants!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
IS II! Received rn! Complete 6/15. Don't lose hope my early applicants!
You are already showing an acceptance so not sure why you should be concerned about anything!

Members don't see this ad :)
Please do not freak out if you do not have an interview yet. The school has to deal with early-decision applicants first, so regular-decision applicants OFTEN do not get an interview until "later" in the cycle. I am a current student who got an interview invite in early September and was accepted on the first day possible for regular-decision applicants (October 15th). There are also people who get accepted from interviews into December/January. You will be okay!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Have an interview at this school coming up this week. Any advice from those who have already interviewed here? I'm also applied for MD&E, so I was also wondering if the interview for that was separate or something.

Have an interview at this school coming up this week. Any advice from those who have already interviewed here? I'm also applied for MD&E, so I was also wondering if the interview for that was separate or something.
If you are applying to MD & E you will have 3 interviewers instead of 2 scheduled for your interview day.
MD applicants have 2.
Each interview is one to one and will last 20-30 minutes.
Good luck!

How long does it usually take for schools to receive MCAT scores from TMDSAS once TMDSAS receives them?

IS II today Complete mid july LM: 68
shed one gangsta tear (from happiness) at work a little

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Dual degree info session email just now but where ii 😭 lol

Reactions: 8 users
Got an email notification from Texas Tech Admissions, my heart dropped. Got kinda excited, opened my email app just for it to be “Dual Degree Info Session” 🥲

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
They are playing with our emotions right now

Reactions: 1 users
IS II yesterday evening! Complete 8/18

• Love
What’s the dress code for the tour? They said “comfortable”, does that mean a collared shirt and jeans, t-shirt and sweats, business casual? Sorry, I’m being neurotic😇

What’s the dress code for the tour? They said “comfortable”, does that mean a collared shirt and jeans, t-shirt and sweats, business casual? Sorry, I’m being neurotic😇
I wore khakis, a polo, and nice cowboy boots and felt pretty average for the group when I was there

IS II received LM 75 complete 7/20

What you wear to the tour will have absolutely no bearing on the chances of your admission, so you should not feel the need to "dress up". At the same time, you should probably avoid wearing sweats. Some people come in business casual and others in t-shirts. Just where something that makes you feel comfortable and don't stress it too much.

wearing only nike tech from now on...hopefully theyll catch on

• Haha
do y’all think they will offer prematches/admissions on the 15th? It’s on a Sunday!

do y’all think they will offer prematches/admissions on the 15th? It’s on a Sunday!
It's very likely. Last year. October 15th fell on a Saturday and there were OOS acceptances and IS pre-match offers given on that day. You can review last year's thread at the link below if you'd like.

It's very likely. Last year. October 15th fell on a Saturday and there were OOS acceptances and IS pre-match offers given on that day. You can review last year's thread at the link below if you'd like.

Not me scrolling through that entire thread trying to determine when it’s time to lose hope 😭

• Haha
Not me scrolling through that entire thread trying to determine when it’s time to lose hope 😭
Definitely don't stress too much, at least about pre-matches.

"How many offers are made to Texas residents prior to the Match date?
Data collected from EY 2021 indicates that it’s actually not very common for applicants to receive Pre-Match offers before the Match. Only 830 offers went out to 502 applicants of the total 3,508 applicants interviewed."