2023-2024 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After you match, around April you will rank your campuses and write a blurb about why you want each one.
Thanks, @FarmHand
Which campus will you be going to?

Members don't see this ad.

After you match, around April you will rank your campuses and write a blurb about why you want each one.
Is temple still an option? I thought it was going away due to Baylor’s temple campus. I might’ve misunderstood.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is temple still an option? I thought it was going away due to Baylor’s temple campus. I might’ve misunderstood.

Thanks!
It won't be an option. There are still Aggies at Temple but they're phasing out as Baylor comes in.

Reactions: 2 users

Thanks!
Temple is no longer an option for new classes. The students there will finish up and then thats it.

Reactions: 1 users
Those interested in ENMED - for FAFSA, do we use the same FAFSA code as Texas A&M University (003632)?

They have previously offered a pre-match celebration (Jan), sometimes a second look weekend (Mar/Apr), and then M1 welcome (May)
Would the second look weekend event's details be emailed to applicants?

Is there any information posted on the 2023 campus designation percentage? I see in 2022 has 91% got their first choice but I’m wondering how losing temple impacted that

Is there any information posted on the 2023 campus designation percentage? I see in 2022 has 91% got their first choice but I’m wondering how losing temple impacted that
It sounded like most students get their first choice. We were told that having a support system at/near your campus was an important factor that went into the decision making process. Also if you were put on the waitlist/got off the waitlist after the campus selection timeframe than you were automatically placed at Bryan. However, you are able to make an appeal to argue another campus. Not sure if that answers your question.

Reactions: 1 user
It sounded like most students get their first choice. We were told that having a support system at/near your campus was an important factor that went into the decision making process. Also if you were put on the waitlist/got off the waitlist after the campus selection timeframe than you were automatically placed at Bryan. However, you are able to make an appeal to argue another campus. Not sure if that answers your question.
Thanks! Just wasn’t sure if there was recent data to back it but it does seem like most get it!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m having a hard time finding any home residencies for TAMU. Also, I plan to rank Dallas #1 on the places to move after first year. I’m planning on pursuing a surgical subspecialty and am worried about the idea of moving, not finding research, not having home residency/faculty in my desired field etc. I am trying to decide how to rank TAMU vs. TTU Lubbock, as I’ve pre-matched to both. Any advice helps.

I’m having a hard time finding any home residencies for TAMU. Also, I plan to rank Dallas #1 on the places to move after first year. I’m planning on pursuing a surgical subspecialty and am worried about the idea of moving, not finding research, not having home residency/faculty in my desired field etc. I am trying to decide how to rank TAMU vs. TTU Lubbock, as I’ve pre-matched to both. Any advice helps.
TAMU has associations but not specific home residencies.

In theory, TAMU home residencies are where one does rotations. EnMEDs is Houston Methodist. However, those coming from A&M to Houston go to Willowbrook methodist which I am not sure has residencies at the moment. I believe Roundrock has some but their programs seem smaller. Dallas Baylor University has them but when I check the current residents in IM I dont see much of a presence. The good one used to be Temple but it will soon be BCM's home program residency and A&M has no presence.

They are all making it to residencies including several each year to orthopedic but not depending on matching to a home program to make the cut.

What is A&M’s grading system for pre-clerkship and clinicls?

Has anyone else IS not received anything from EnMed post-interview? I'm concerned because of the prematch deadline and my rankings would change based on an EnMed prematch/acceptance. If I don't hear anything by EOD tomorrow, what should I take that as?

Has anyone else IS not received anything from EnMed post-interview? I'm concerned because of the prematch deadline and my rankings would change based on an EnMed prematch/acceptance. If I don't hear anything by EOD tomorrow, what should I take that as?
EnMed is not selected through the Match Rank as it is a dual degree program.
You can try calling to see if they have made a decision on your application yet, although I usually do not recommend doing this I do understand that you guys are in a time crunch.

TAMU has home Family Medicine & Psychiatry residencies, and a Sports Medicine Fellowship (in Bryan).

The other programs are through affiliates, but they're still thought of as "home" residencies/programs.
From what I understand, this comes from the fact that TAMU doesn't have it's own healthcare/hospital system. As part of their mission (as a land-grant school) to serve the whole state of Texas, they generally invest time, resources, & leadership into partnering with existing resources versus creating their own. You'll see this as a general theme/trend across the medical school.

I don't know the exact number, but I believe we have well over 1 residency slot per graduating student...

Do we also have to accept prematch offers by today? One of my schools (dell) reads like it’s binding and they’re freaking me out.
Accept all prematch offers. Do it now! Save other paperwork for a school until you know which one you match to.

IDK how it works with scholarships, @wysdoc do you have any insight?
You can accept a prematch and a scholarship before match day, and you should, so they don't think you are no longer interested in them

If you end up matching to a different school, though, the scholarship does not travel there with you

Last edited:
Always happy to help anyone to the best of my ability!

Long time lurker here but wanted to drop in and say I got my first pre-match call on 1/30!! Interviewed 1/18 and I'm really excited to see what happens now, still feels like a dream.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
ENMED OOS post-II rejection. Interviewed September 20, rejected February 1.
Five months of waiting

Extremely devastated, this was my #1 with no other school coming close for second place.
Say a prayer for old asparagus_liker to get into Carle Illinois

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
OOS post-II rejection. Interviewed September 20, rejected February 1.
Five months of waiting

Extremely devastated, this was my #1 with no other school coming close for second place.
I have faith ❤️ you got this

ENMED OOS post-II rejection. Interviewed September 20, rejected February 1.
Five months of waiting

I was rejected from TAMU ENMED track, but am I still in the running for the TAMU normal track?

I was rejected from TAMU ENMED track, but am I still in the running for the TAMU normal track?
They normally send you an email asking you if you want to be or at least that was the way it was done in the past. If you have not received anything and you still had A&M as submittable on match list, you should have turned it in.

I believe the reason they did this on February 1st was to allow people to make a decision as to where they want to rank A&M by itself if they have other options. If they didnt reject EnMed, that was what people are in contention for during the match.

They normally send you an email asking you if you want to be or at least that was the way it was done in the past. If you have not received anything and you still had A&M as submittable on match list, you should have turned it in.
I am OOS and applied through AMCAS and not the texas one

I'm sorry but if you applied to EnMed as an OOS applicant via AMCAS, you were only considered for EnMed.
Those using the TMDSAS app could check the selection boxes for both EnMed and A&M MD.

Have any OOS MD (not enmed) applicants heard back after their interview? posted on this thread a while ago but i interviewed back in august still silence.........

Have any OOS MD (not enmed) applicants heard back after their interview? posted on this thread a while ago but i interviewed back in august still silence.........
Haven't heard anything from either Texas schools I interviewed at... Hoping they tell us on the Texas match day but not very hopeful

Last edited:
Haven't heard anything from either Texas schools I interviewed at... Hoping they tell us on the Texas match day but not very hopeful
Yea also OOS interviewed in September at A&M and tech but haven’t heard back yet from either. Is it safe for us to assume we’ll hear back near match day?

me as well. OOS and interviewed in august, but I haven't heard anything yet!

I hope yall hear some good news soon❤️that’s rough

Does anyone know how the normal MD curriculum is set up across the 4 years? I feel like I remember them showing a roadmap during the info session but for the life of me can't find it.

Does anyone know how the normal MD curriculum is set up across the 4 years? I feel like I remember them showing a roadmap during the info session but for the life of me can't find it.

This is a little outdated but should give you a good idea.

Attachments

• 1707520675818.png
    1707520675818.png
    582.9 KB · Views: 80
Have not heard anything as well. Trying to be "patient" but I've heard from all my other schools that I interviewed...

LOL. Anyone not heard back after submitting their secondary (OOS) :rofl:. Cycle is over here, right? No more II?